Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Laeys - Affliction Warlock

[Accepted] Laeys - Affliction Warlock
« on: January 23, 2018, 03:02:18 AM »
Character name:

Laeys

Battletag:

Nikola#2238

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

Hey,
my name is Nikola. I'm a 30 year old guy who lives in Germany.
Currently we own a family business, which takes up most of my time IRL even tho i am on a break due to some health issues. Outside of that i actually just like to relax since work can be stressful, so i just like to play games, or watch a movie and just keep it simple.

Please provide us with the following:

- Link to your armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/laeys

- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/laeys

- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com) https://imgur.com/a/5rP0v

- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm) http://www.speedtest.net/result/6990772780

- Do you have a working microphone? Yes i do.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

Since affliction doesn't have any hard- or softcaps when it comes to stats u generally want to put on the piece with the most stats on it , while following the prio of Mastery=>Haste>Crit>Versa>Int. For affliciton you aim to have a nice balance of Mastery,Haste and Crit, with crit being kinda hit or miss with some of the relic traits you can get from the cruicible.
The trouble with affliction and stats starts when it comes to fights and how many targets you are facing, since there can be major differences. In a pure patchwork scenario Mastery and Haste are well neck in neck. On a 2 target fight Mastery beats Haste if you can keep up dots on both targets. On more then 2 targets Haste starts to take over and even Crit becomes more important dependant on what Talents you might be using.
I tried to keep it as simple as possible but it can get tricky sometimes with affliciton and stats.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Talents are sometimes even more of a mess then stats are. The first thing you need to know as affli is, how you are going to do the larger part of your damage. Is it by UA,Drain or by Dots. On singletarget fights without heavy movement you want to UA,Drain the most. This is why you want to use Malefic Grasp out of your first tier.
On a fight with 2 or more targets you will want to use Writhe in Agony for more dotdamage and a larger timeframe before you have to reapply dots.
Out of the lvl 30 tier you want to go with Contagion on most fights, while Absolute Corruption has its place on some fights when combined with the legendary ring that empowers the Corruption dot and adds a slow to it. The third option of the lvl 30 tier is not usefull for any Antorus encounter even tho it could have a place on some fights if the Corrution slow was not needed.
The next interesting tier is the lvl 60 tier. Out of that tier Soul Harvest is the best for most bosses based on the extra dps it provides, even tho Phantom Singularity has some nice potential on Hassabel or maybe even High command.
On lvl 90 Supremacy is the best overall, no discussion there.
Things get really tricky with the lvl 100 Tier.All 3 talents in the lvl 100 tier have their use and even sims can not really show which one is the best since they are all very close. What needs to be said, is that Soul Conduit forces you into playing  the class legendary ring which can be tricky if the fight requires you to use any other legendary like Prydaz.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

Mostly through the class discord. I may watch a warlock stream from time to time if some high profile warlock is streaming atm.

Raiding history:

Since i have not really raided prior to Legion i will only concentrate on this expansion.

I started this expansion playing a Ret pala named Laej (on Kazzak). I raided in a guild called 'Suza u Oku' on Kazzak which was a balkan guild. We did fine and got Cutting Edge on Xavius pretty quickly.
The guild disbanded quickly after TOV came out and around that time i had to deal with some serious health issues.
I could not play the game for couple of months but got back into it one week after TOS came out.
I picked up my warlock and started gearing him up. Soon after, i joined a guild on Kazzak called 'Booty' who had just started their mythic prog in TOS. We did ok and got 7/9 in TOS but could not go any further due to various reasons.
Soon after a merge was offered to us, which we accepted and formed the guild 'Origin' also on Kazzak. The merge did not work out too well in my eyes since i could not agree with how a lot of the stuff was handeled, so i chose to leave 'Origin' and move on to a different guild.
I moved to Tarren Mill just couple weeks ago after being invited to a new guild called 'View'. This guild sounded awesome and we did pretty well, killing 9/11 in the first 2 weeks but for some reason the officers decided to call it so here i am,once again :)

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

I didn't even see that this i going to be the next question otherwise some parts of my raiding history would have ended up in here but if you went through my Raiding History you should also know about my Guild History by now :)

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

As far as expectations from you guys, i don't really have any. I just want a stable raiding enviroment for once and a guild whos not gonna disband or give up quickly.
What you can expect from me is a guy who comes to raid prepared, has 100% attendance and is ready from the first pull. I do not waste other peoples time. I'm a pretty relaxed guy and like to have fun, so you can also expect a non-raging attitude.
For in-game stuff it needs to be said,that you can expect a guy who does his task. I mostly don't care about personal DPS and am a guy who puts on a Prydaz for every fight if needed(as can be seen in my logs), when Raid-DPS is not a concern.I'm also probably the only warlock who has ever seen a portal from the inside on Portalkeeper Hassabel, just because i was said to do so.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I feel like i said everything that needs to be said. Thanks to any person who reads through this wall of text and does not want to shoot himself :)
If you are interested in a guy who just wants to log on and kill some bosses without making everyone around him feel miserable then let me know.

BB Nikola
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:41:46 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Laeys - Affliction Warlock
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »
Hello Laeys!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please prepare for Argus and download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Fede for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim

Re: [Accepted] Laeys - Affliction Warlock
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:14:52 PM »
Hey,
thanks a lot guys.

I will transfer to kazzak tomorrow and be rdy for the reset.

Looking forward to raiding with u :)