Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Olynn - Assassination Rogue

[Declined] Olynn - Assassination Rogue
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
Character name:
Olynn.

Battletag:
Fyurie#2454

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Hey, I'm Aaron, I'm a 25-year-old guy living near London, in the UK.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/olynn

- Personal warcraft logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/olynn

- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com)
https://imgur.com/a/yH1lz

- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm)
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6919473903

- Do you have a working microphone?
Yes, I do. I'm happy to use it when required, too.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
As a general rule:
Assa is Mastery > Crit > Vers > Agi > Haste

This never remains entirely true though. I constantly sim my character to get stat weights and stat scaling information so I can keep both specs optimally equipped.

Mastery, while playing MP Assa, will always be our best stat, given that it directly increases poison damage done. This is made even more hilarious this tier by the new set bonuses making poisons crit far more regularly, and the new FoK ST builder metagame adds EVEN more poison damage into the mix.

Crit has always been a decent DPS stat for Assa, usually equally weighted with Vers, but gained a lot of value this tier due to the T21 2pc and 4pc bonuses. Crit is not only a direct damage increase, but also improves our energy regen, too.

Vers is what it is, a flat damage increasing stat, there's not much to say about it. Haste is near worthless to Assa as it provides no meaningful benefit until insanely high levels of the stat. Its scaling for energy regen is far too low to ever consider it a meaning DPS boost over any other stat.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
The majority of Assa's talents are similarly close together given the right practice with each that you can play what you prefer (largely), instead of being locked into any particular cookie-cutter build. I play with the 1233111 build which is probably considered the bread-and-butter Poison Assa talent set.

There are no viable talent-choice swaps between ST and AoE for Assa, so most Assa Rogues traditionally either respec to Sub past 2-3 targets, or accept their fate as a wheelchair AoE spec and pray for PB procs.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
I use Ravenholdt's Discord to keep up with TC discussion, I talk to other Rogues about their experiences, and I analyze logs to see what better Rogues are doing differently to me to see what I can improve on.

Raiding history:
I've been raiding in some form since around TBC, wall of text incoming below:

Classic World of Warcraft:
N/A. I started playing in TBC.

The Burning Crusade:
Cleared up to 1/6 Sunwell Plateau. Champion of the Naaru and Hand of A’dal were achieved along the way, as well as many ZA full timed runs.

Wrath of the Lich King:
Naxx10 and 25 were fully cleared.
OS10 and 25 were both cleared with 3 Drakes alive.
EoE10 and 25 were also both cleared.
Ulduar 10 and 25 were cleared. I also achieved 9/10 HMs in 10, and 10/10 HMs in 25.
ToC 10 and 25 were cleared. Tribute to Insanity in both versions.
ICC10 and 25 are both cleared. I have 11/12 Hc in 10 and 12/12 Hc in 25.

Cataclysm:
BoT was fully cleared, with 3/5 on Hc.
BWD was fully cleared, with 5/6 on Hc.
TotFW was fully cleared on both difficulties.
Firelands was fully cleared, with 6/7 on Hc.
Dragon Soul was fully cleared on both difficulties.

Mists of Pandaria:
(I wasn't playing after about a month or so into MoP, so my first-tier experience is awful, and returned mid-ToT)
MSV was cleared on normal, with 2/6 on Hc.
HoF normal was 4/6, with none on Hc.
ToES was cleared on neither difficulty.
ToT was cleared on 25Hc.
SoO was cleared on 25Hc, realm first.

Warlords of Draenor:
Highmaul was fully cleared on Mythic.
Blackrock Foundry was fully cleared on Mythic.
Hellfire Citadel was fully cleared on Mythic.

Legion:
(This expansion is largely a mess of me playing with friends, my progress is decent, but lacks CEs, which annoys me greatly)
EN: 6/7M, 7 late.
ToV: 3/3M.
NH: 8/10M, farmed Eli/GD in ToS.
ToS: 7/9M.
Antorus: Currently 9/11M. Around 60-65% on Aggramar.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
I've been involved in a lot of doomed friends-projects over the years, so I'll keep this to the notable guilds that I spent significant amounts of tier-progression with.

Kill Loot Repeat on Sylvanas: I used to be co-RL and Healing Officer here on my Priest, progressing SoO with them and finishing realm first, at World 56th. I rerolled to Ret Paladin after progression ended, and with several players leaving/quitting due to burnout, I wanted to move on and find a guild to push my (at the time) strong Paladin gameplay to its limits.

Apex on Al'Akir: I spent the majority of Highmaul progress here, eventually opting to stop with them after raiding 7 days including day raiding for a final rank outside of the top-50. This felt like an investment not worth making as raiding for that amount of time is a very taxing experience.

Drive on Ravencrest: I set this guild up with a Monk tank friend, and the now-GM, Hellstrong. We saw many successes and rapid improvement as a guild, but I eventually parted ways with them at the end of BRF as the guild's goals going into HFC were to raid for far larger amounts of time than the original 4x4 schedule.

Since then, I've mostly floated around, and spent a lot of time playing with friends in guilds of various qualities, but after yet another failure of a guild experience with friends, I just want to get back into the meat of it and progress with skilled players again.

That came largely to an end when I took an offer from a guild on Tarren Mill shortly after first applying here.

View on Tarren Mill: We began raiding on the 7th of this month, quickly progressed up to Aggramar and got him to around 60% or so. Unfortunately, things don't seem to have worked out, as I woke up this afternoon to the news that the guild is disbanding for various personal officer reasons. I have been informed that if you would like a vouch for my performance, that Justwait is happy to provide any information you would like to know, as an officer of View.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
I don't ask for a lot of guilds that I want to join. My only needs as a player are fair/respectful treatment and a progression-oriented raiding environment.

As a player I believe that I am a fast learner, generally picking up mechanics in single-digit pull counts, usually learning after my first mistake with a given mechanic. I'm a mechanics-focused player in general, but I do always try to find ways to maximise my DPS without taking unnecessary risks. I also have raid leading and strategy-formation experience. Lastly, I have many years of experience playing 2 or 3 different healing specs, so if the time ever came, I could be convinced to switch for the benefit of any future progression.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Apologies for withdrawing the previous app on such short notice, I simply couldn't turn down the offer I was given, it fit me too well. I hope there were no hard feelings, and this being my previous preferred option before being jumped on, I'd like to re-open my application here first before making any other moves.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my application. If anyone reading this has any further questions, please ask away and I'll give you answers where possible.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:55:38 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Olynn - Assassination Rogue
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »
Declined
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:55:28 PM by Shimara »