Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Pplu - Resto Shaman

[Declined] Pplu - Resto Shaman
« on: December 21, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
Character name:
Pplu

Battletag:
Pplu#2229

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Profession: Banker
Personal life: Married, 1 kid

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/pplu
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/bloodfeather/pplu
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/a/140zJ
- Connection info results: http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6900173857
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Crit > Mastery >= Versatility >>> Haste > Int
Crit: 100%+ with Tidal waves (healing surge)
Mastery: as much as possible but balanced with Versatility
Versatility: besides, any damage taken reduction can be seen as healing
Haste: almost useless, in particular with the T21 4p bonus
Int: the marginal benefit from main stats decreases while item level increases
About T21 4P bonus: the duplicated healing wave / healing surge benefits from crit, mastery and versatility, it makes haste and int even less interesting to be invested. The expected return of healing surge under T21 4P is ~0.75 of chain-heal (in term of HPC) but with less mana consumption and casting time, which increases healing efficiency. This is not to say that chain-heal becomes useless but the T21 4P makes shaman more useful in the situation where raid is spread out.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Presumably the question is for DPS only. As for healing,
In most of situation, 3 2 2 2 1 2 1
Where the raid is grouped up and there is no use of healing cooldown: 3 2 2 3 2 2 3
The binding legendary for both builds is Soul of the Farseer.
Resto shaman talent builds are quite straightforward, to me. Small adjustment could increase the efficiency, depending on the boss fight, such us Gust of Wind sounds better in #1, wind Rush in #7, Earthen shield in #8, etc.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Theorycraft: SplashyStats
Information updates: Resto Shaman Discord
Personal perf-analysis: Warcraftlogs , wowanalyzer
Other: www.wipefest.com (can be used for raid member but definitely more useful for raid leader)
I record every raid fight and check them after the raid to better understand what and why I did well / wrong.

Raiding history:
60s: as resto shaman and raid leader. Cleared everything except the last 2 bosses in NAXX-40
80s and 85s: as resto shaman and raid leader. Cleared everything in 10 man hard-mode
110s: as resto shaman and raid leader. 3/9m ToS

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
60s – early 70s: Guild Rush. We were so tired, in the end, the entire guild. Not being able to push our guild rank higher than 50 is the main reason. Being disqualified by BLZ for the final of season 1 Arena is the trigger. That was a great memory of our lives, members are still seeing each other from time to time, except the main topics are different now, kids, fashion, business…
80s and 85s: Guild NR (new rush). My wife and I decided to rebuild a casual guild but a highly efficient one. 10m hardcore was a really good opportunity.
110s: Guild Chaos Legion. My wife and I decided to back to play but only as member of a raid (raid leading is a huge commitment and we can no longer make such commitment). It did not work. I then decided to take over the raid leading (on a temporary basis only), it did not work either, since the way I lead the raid is based on everyone in raid knowing their class inside out, which is far beyond from the reality of the guild. Besides, the thing I hate the most in WoW is guild drama and there are plenty of that in this guild. I realized there is nothing more I can do so I cut the loose.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
As stated above, I am back to be a reliable raid member, of a group of people that is serious and cares about progression but don't have time to devote to. The goal is being well balanced between challenge and conquest, in a serious raiding environment, but also friendly if possible.
In return, I would do my best to be a raid member who can meet every standard that I believe a raid leader wants: reliable, efficient, no useless talk, calm and most importantly always take the raid interest as my best interest.
I will probably sometimes give my opinions/advices but it will be totally up to the raid leader for the arbitrage, no bad feelings if not taken.
I am fully aware that the actual raid does not need resto shaman, reason why I am also improving my elemental shaman skill. Given that situation, I don't seek for an immediate mythic raid spot: being bench member for mythic and getting ready to be summoned, while joining guild heroic raid.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Mealtime, another way to be useful to the raid is probably participating the logs analysis, including public logs of other guilds for the bosses we are trying to kill, or our own logs in order to try to improve the already killed bosses farming efficiency.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:51:04 AM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Pplu - Resto Shaman
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 03:50:47 AM »
Hello Pplu!

Thanks for applying to us here in endless. Officers have decided to decline your application due to low current experience and because we are not in the need of a rsham nor elesham. You are welcome to stay in the guild as a social, as you are a mate of Dez. And even join some of our hc runs, but thats about it!

- Shim