[Withdrawn]Jai - Mage

jai

[Withdrawn]Jai - Mage
« on: October 10, 2017, 02:52:34 AM »
Character name:
Jaimage

Battletag:
jai#21400

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
23 Year old german engineering student called Tom.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury:
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Jaimage

- Personal warcraft logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/ja%C3%AE

- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com)
https://imgur.com/a/vfROZ

- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm)
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6693279708

- Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Simcraft is my best friend. Currently Haste > Mastery = vers > crit > int

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Kindling/Meteor for ST, Kindling for Cleave
Flame Patch for 3-4 target cleave
Living Bomb for more

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Mage discord,sims, comparing logs

Raiding history with reasons:
EN/ToV: CE - Highborns - Disband
NH: CE - Mythic Minus - Disband
ToS: - CE - Inner Sanctum - Disband
Currently in a friend's guild to help on KJ-Progress, but they can't provide the raid environment or progress that I'd expect.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
As you can see, I've been part of three disbands this expansion. The most important thing for myself would be finding a stable raid environment which has the same or a similar mindset. Personally, I find it really frustrating to look for another home after each tier.

What can I bring to the table?
I'd describe myself as a mechanicly reliable and ambitious player who wants to clear the content in a reasonable amout of time. I rather get my own stuff done instead of mindlessly padding for logs which has proven to be valuable in a tier where soaks and mechanics seemed to be the more important part.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:44:39 PM by AnT »

AnT

Re: Jai - Mage
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:06:02 PM »
Hello! Thanks for applying what guild was it that you joined to help on kj progress?
All my addons can be found on Github!

jai

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:11:55 PM »
It was Hoax, currently Realm 20th iirc.
Had one raid with them yesterday, gave them a timeing sheet and weakauras for healing adds, nothing else worth mentioning.

AnT

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »
Follow up question then the idea is that you were going there to help so obviously you can not have a lot of expectations on them. Its great to widen their toolkit but the best way for them is going to be to continue what they think is right rather than having everyone adapt to how 1 person did it. I just don't understand what you expected when you go to a guild that has less progress than yourself.

Another question is why are you fire when we are in a tier that is mostly about add control which fire does not have as you can not control your ignites and its not the best ST spec either?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:19:27 PM by AnT »
All my addons can be found on Github!

jai

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »
I was just doing a friend a favor. They were getting nowhere and I gave some input on how to simplify a few things
For example: Phase 2 healing adds - they had no WA for their HP, just a few little things, I didn't plan on guiding them through the fight.
As for expectations: I had none. I consider KJ a difficult fight that requires alot of personal responsibility, which in my opinion is the largest problem for most guilds.
You are probably right, their best chance will be to do things how they want to do them and keep going from there. To be honest, I wouldn't want them to create the same environment that I progressed in, it's not for everyone, but not necessarily a bad thing.
Why I'm playing fire?
Fire proves to be extremly valuable on KJ, it has great add cleave and cauterize is an amazing failsafe.
We had mages and rogues soaking the beams most of the times due to superior mobility, if something went wrong, cauterize still kept the progress going and helped alot to provide consistency.
The most important thing might be the orb kiting in p3. The movement speed provided by Scorch and the talent combined with a double blink ensured clean orbs.
Damage wise on par with Frost, but utility wise Fire is the superior spec.

Only went into detail for KJ, it's great on avatar of course, Ignite cleave and mobility is great of course.
I don't consider other bosses worth mentioning.

jai

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 08:32:38 PM »
EDIT:
For Ignite:
Ignite spreads to the left and right add if the boss is positioned between them, which should be the case. I doubt anyone does the adds a different way.

jai

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 08:33:59 PM »
In case you want to go into detail, feel free to add me on bnet, might be a bit easier than posting several edits.

jai

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:23:46 PM »
I've decided to withdraw my application due to several reasons I do not wish to discuss here.
I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that might have or might not have occured and I wish everybody the best of luck on KJ-progress and the upcoming tier!