Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Ažlith - Affliction Warlock

[Declined] Ažlith - Affliction Warlock
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:37:07 PM »
Character name:

Ažlith

Battletag:

Ailith#2409

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

Hello everyone, my name is Claudia, im 28 years old and im from Italy. Five years ago i moved to Belgium for work.
I've been playing games since i was a kid, first on the different consoles and later pc online games.
My very first online games were Diablo 2 and Ragnarok online and i started playing WoW a few months shy of Vanilla release (Zul Gurub was not out yet).
Gaming has always been one of my main interests and this did not change with growing up.

Please provide us with the following:

- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/a%c3%aclith

- Personal warcraft logs:  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2265698/13#metric=dps

A note to my logs: Leaving out personal mistakes, most of time i had to adapt my playstyle to the guild. For example on some bosses i could not apply all dots on second targets or do a lot aoe on adds because we had already mages/boomkin/shadow priests and warlocks were usually the one told to do less damage on them. This of course affected my overall dps and shard generation.

- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/a/OATQ2

- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6692748918

- Do you have a working microphone? Yes.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

Mastery> Haste> Crit> Versatility. 

Mastery has priority because affliction mastery "potent affliction" increase damage of all my dots. Haste as second priority for faster dots ticks and consequent faster shard generations, but i always try to find balance between haste and critital strike.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

As affliction i usually have a different set of talents/legendary according on how many adds/targets are in the boss fights, how much health they have, or if its a pure single target encounter. Of course this work a little different on farm because everything dies very fast. I'll give you some examples.

In a pure single target fight like Goroth mythic, i take Malefic Grasp - Contagion - Demonic circle - Burning rush - Soul harvest - Grimoire of supremacy - Soul conduit.
As legendaries my choiche is  Power cord of lethendris (belt) and the class ring for extra talent Death's embrace (execute). I dont have any second target to generate more shards and thats why belt is usefull, and its also why i dont need multidots talents like WiA and AC. In this situation i also use old 2 set bonus + new 4 set, for increased damage on unstable affliction.

On a fight with 2 big targets like Demonic Inquisition, on progress of course, i will take this set of talents: Writhe in Agony - Absolute corruption - Demonic circle - Soul harvest- Burning Rush- Grimoire of supremacry and deaths embrace. My legendary choice is Hood of eternal disdain, for faster agony ticks on targets, and corruption legendary ring, this to go along with the 2 legendaries and boost the damage, but also to slow down the little adds that come when people exit the inside room.

On a fight like Mistress Mythic, my choiche of talents is Writh in agony - Contagion - Demonic circle - Burning rush - Soul harvest - Grimoire of supremacy - Soul conduit. As legendaries The Master harvester, since its a fight where i actually need to spend lots of shards, and of course  Class ring for free execute talent. Writh in agony helps both add damage and shard generation that will benefit single target dps on the boss.

These are a few examples, but with affliction there can really be combinations of talents/legendaries for every boss, and that why it's fun.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

I use the Warlock class discord, class forums, youtube PoV videos, and i check a lot of warcraftlogs to see what are the most used and better talents for each boss.

Raiding history:

In my WoW history i owned two accounts, the first one from Vanilla to Lich King, and i made a new one from Cataclysm onwards.

Vanilla:

Main: Warrior tank

- MC, BWL, ZG, AQ 20

Burning Crusade

Main: Warlock

- Karazhan, SSC, The Eye, Gruul, Maghteridon

Lich King

- All content cleared (top 100 guild)

- Realm First Algalon, Lich King, and Tribute to Immortality.

Cataclysm and Pandaria:

- Casual raiding

Draenor:

Main: Elemental Shaman

HM 7/7 HC - 7/7 Mythic

BRF 10/10HC - 9/10 Mythic

HFC 13/13 Heroic - 11/13 Mythic

Legion:

EN 7/7 Mythic

ToV 3/3 Mythic

NH 10/10 Mythic

ToS 7/9 Mythic

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

I will mention only relevant and recent guilds, in WotlK i played in the top 100 guild "Clarity", back then the number 1 on the server Twisting Nether.

For Cataclysm and Pandaria i decided to go casual, due to school/work.

In Legion i've been only in one guild, for almost two years (the whole expansion), "The reckless" always on Twisting Nether server. I liked this guild very much and the hours fit my schedule, but a few months ago our guildmaster found a fulltime job and handed over the guild to another officer. A short time later another couple of old officers had to stop playing (als) because of work. The change of leadership changed the guild a lot and most of the known faces were gone, so i decided i wanted to look for something else.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

I expect to find a guild with a mature enviroment and a good of pace progress, that i can hopefully make my home for a very long time.

You can expect an experienced and competitive player (over 10 years), who keeps up to date with her class and studies new bosses ecounters to always come prepared. I will also have very close to 100% attendance, since i work part-time and never in the evenings. I also play a lot of alts and when im not working i'm always aviable for alt raids, mythic plus and such.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I hope to have made a good impression with my application and get some good feedback, your guild looks alot like what i'm looking for and your raid times fit me perfectly!

Thank you for reading, Ailith.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:46:06 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Ažlith - Affliction Warlock
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »
Hello Ažlith!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to weak logs.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim