Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Mahogany - Frost Mage

[Declined] Mahogany - Frost Mage
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »
Character name: Mahogany

Battletag: Mahogany#2294

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

Hello, I'm Fred, 29 years old from Belgium. I work in a microbiology lab as Senior Lab Technician.
Beside work, WoW is pretty much my main interest as I've been playing WoW since 2 weeks after Vanilla launched.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://www.eu.battle.net/wow/character/twisting-nether/Mahogany/
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/10139
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/BXUzJHg
- Connection info results: www.speedtest.net/my-result/6689919041
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes I do

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

33.38% crit -> Frost mage Shatter Crit Cap: Flurry will cause our ice next spell crit chance to be 3 times higher so 33.33% * 3 = 100% crit chance. Same for Fingers of Frost -> Icelance
29.11% Haste -> Faster Frostbolts = more frostbolt crits = less cooldown on Icy Veins our main dps cooldown.
13.08% Versa -> Overall dmg increase
Mastery is curently our worst stat as it increases our Icicle dmg which is unimportant until you go Glacial Spike. However Glacial Spike doesn't seem to sim well & I doubt it ever will as it's too hard for blizzard to balance.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

15 Lonely Winter - Our best talent AND it removes the pet (I hate pets, they're cluncky and annoying to control)
30 Shimmer - Double Blink and Blink while casting, I hope this never gets nerfed/removed.
45 Incanter's Flow - the best DPS increase for frost, I hope it stays this way or Mirror Images as Rune means standing still which is annoying on most bosses with random targeted abilities!
60 Splitting Ice - Again our best simmed Talent, a bit annoying on DI as it cleaves, but otherwise great to passive cleave!
75 This tier doesn't really matter - I doubt we will ever need a double Frost Nova?
90 Unstable Magic - Pure Single Target Talent to increase Frostbolt dmg althou it's a 1% increase?
90 Arctic Gale - With any AoE on a boss this talent is the way to go - Increasing (instant) Blizzard dmg by 30%!
100 Thermal Void - Again the best talent to choose from, Finger of Frost Icelances increases Icy Veins (our main DPS cooldown) by 1 second.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

Altered-Time Forums & Discord are a mage biggest source of information
MMOchampion sometimes has a few nice posts too

Ofcourse I sim myself regularly with Raidbots.com

Raiding history:

You are not prepared for this wall of texte!

Vanilla - Cleared up to 4 HM in Naxx with my guild on Dentarg, at the end of Vanilla I joined Bad Omen but I was always benched for the last wing as I was still a trial and we had too many mages...
With the downgrade from 40man to 25, I wasn't selected for the main core due to there being 13 mages so I transfered to Twilight's Hammer at the start of TBC to join a friends guild (Elysium). However it was having major management issues so me & two friends made our own guild out of its ruins named Paramount. We cleared everything in TBC even got mentioned on the GuildOx website for the fastest progressing guild between first kills! We continued in Wrath but we had to transfer to Dragonmaw as Twilight's Hammer went into insane lag mode - we had to raid Naxxramas at 10am on saturday mornings to even try to kill bosses (I have some SS somewhere where I had both Positive & Negative Buffs on Thaddius!) We finished Ulduar including Server First Algalon. (We lost Yogg 0 Realm first to another guild transfering in). However Dragonmaw was a dying realm, we tried up merging with other guilds but this failed and we disbanded. I went to join Heist on Genjuros, which was a guild that were the leftovers between the Nihilum & Curse Gaming guilds. We had top 40 world kills in ICC and we even had LK heroic to 0.4% of kill as World 22nd on our last attempt. Sadly the week after we disbanded as several of our players went to Method or Paragon. I joined a random guild on Genjuros for the remaining time until Cataclysm and to get my Lich King kill..

In Cataclysm I made my own 10man guild again with old members from my previous guild Paramount, this guild was Loot Inc. We cleared all Heroic 10man content in Cataclysm. We server transfered to Twisting Nether to continue onwards in Mists of Pandaria clearing all heroic content on 10man. However Blizzcon announced top raiding would be 20man only so we had to merge with another guild, which we did and our new 20 man raiding team went into Warlords.
We had a good run but Blackhand was too much for our new guild. The group comp we had wasn't capable to kill him and our tanks were burned out as we kept trying to gear new trials/rerolls to get a group going for Blackhand. We disbanded again, this time I went to join Wiping as Intended on Draenor (just after getting my Blackhand mythic kill in Fragnance pug group!) We got to kill Archimonde world 65th. But Legion was taking too long and Nostalrius was gaining a lot of interests, so I took a break from HFC after Archimonde kill #onetoomany and played Nostalrius.
I returned when Legion was announced, looking for a new guild, even considered joining this guild! But I discovered someone made a guild where I knew more than half of the players, so I joined Tilt Squad on Twilight's Hammer. We had a good run in Legion, killing Mythic Xavius, Helya then Gul'dan before new raids were out. However Avatar seems to be a hurdle too big for us: People are losing interests and show up late or not at all for raids and tonight our GM just said: Enough we quit raiding.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

See above for long version.
Short Version
Vanilla - Bad Omen - left, too many mages for downsize from 40 to 25m
TBC -> Wrath Ulduar - Paramount, my own guild: Disbanded due to recruitment issues
Wrath ICC - Heist, disbanded as ppl left to join Method / Paragon
Cataclysm -> Warlords Blackhand - Loot Inc, my own guild: Disbanded to unable to kill Blackhand & recruitment issues
Warlords HFC - Wiping as Intended, quit wow HFC was dragging on too long
Legion - Tilt Squad, disbanded to due people no longer being interested in progressing Fallen Avatar Mythic

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

I expect a guild that looks forward on progress. A guild that wants to improve as a group and get better each tier. A guild where people play for the team and not for themself.

You can expect a dedicated raider, in my entire raiding career I have missed 6 raids - 5 where due to sickness / 1 due to graduation.
I look up new boss mechanics and enjoy figuring out strategies that will work for our guild.
I am a mechanical teamplayer, meaning I will sacrifise myself to ensure kills on bosses. DPS rankings are less of a concern to me. Not that I don't try to get a good rank but I'm usually the person doing 2 Iceblock soaks on a boss or going the single target spec as we're cleaving down adds too fast. Getting the kill clean as a guild means much more to me than someone getting a Rank 1 DPS.

I am not a player that enjoys being benched, with my attendancy across my 12 years of WoW you can see I don't miss raids for anything, so I expect to be raiding when I log on and not to sit & stare at my screen (this includes farm). This may sound abit harsh but at the same time, this also shows my dedication.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I was wrong not to join you at the start of Legion, don't make the mistake to turn me down now!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:25:24 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Mahogany - Frost Mage
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:25:10 PM »
Hello Mahogany!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to weak logs. We kinda expect to see stronger logs if you are behind us progress wise, to make up for the missing progression.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim