Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Fuitclaudit - Aff/Destro Warlock

[Accepted] Fuitclaudit - Aff/Destro Warlock
« on: October 02, 2017, 06:29:33 AM »
Character name:
Fuitclaudit

Battletag:
Stormy#22848

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Hey,
My name is Nikita Tararykov I am a 19-year-old Male from Finland. I was born in Finland and have lived here my entire life, unfortunately, my parents don't speak Finnish so I was never able to learn it from a young age because I have been primarily taught in English since kindergarten and Russian at home. Therefore if you are looking at my last name with a puzzled look I would like to reassure you that there is no language barrier in terms of my English speaking ability.

Currently, I live in Finland and enjoy playing Tennis 3 times a week, in addition, I visit the Swimming Hall in the mornings on my bike for a morning workout on the weekdays. In addition to sports and all that jazz, I played WoW since Vanilla when I was still a kid on my Acer Laptop and have been playing on and off since up until WoD / Legion when I really started to realize the serious and fun aspect in organized raiding. I've been committed to Legion since Launch, really ground AP and legendaries to death in the beginning. Since then I pursued more progress raiding and managed to enjoy my time raiding with The Next Step on Twisting Nether for a little while in ToS up to Fallen Avatar before they decided to schedule down to 2 days raiding, at which point they gave a heads up and I decided to help out good friends of mine that were raiding 2 days on Ragnaros.

Also, I'd like to inform you that I will be attending the Finnish Military starting in January for 6 months.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/ragnaros/Fuitclaudit/

- Personal warcraft logs:
I'd like to note that when I play Aff I do emphasize maximizing my boss damage whenever I can if I am not required to assist on extra ads, etc. because useless pad doesn't help the end goal.

Ragnaros: Singularity (2 Day)
EN 7.0-7.1, 7.1.5+ (Destro Main), ToV 7.0-7.1, 7.1.5+ (Destro Main), NH 7.0-7.1.5 (Aff Main), ToS 7.3+ (Aff Main) *Most Recent*
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/445461/13#metric=dps

Kazzak: Xeon (4 Day, was there for 2-3 weeks tops) / Dark Substance (4 Day)
NH 7.0-7.2 (Aff Main), ToS 7.2.5 (Aff Main)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/23033767/13/#partition=1

Twisting Nether: The Next Step (3 Days at the time)
ToS: 7.2.5 (Aff Main)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/26327059/13#partition=1

- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com)
https://imgur.com/a/3oeS9

- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm)
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6671823444

- Do you have a working microphone?
Yes - Blue Yeti

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

Currently, Affliction is my Main Spec. However, I have always kept Affliction and Destruction very close to each to each other in terms of gear and performance. My Destro is very well geared, almost better so than my Affliction.

Regarding Affliction,
Affliction on Single Target relies more on Haste to allow for faster re-applications of Agony and Corruption onto the main target during small portions of movement. Accordingly, the stat priority is: Haste > Mastery > Crit = Vers > Int

Multi-Target simply put relies on raw DoT damage because it's more efficient to use *Writhe In Agony - Tier 1 Talent* when dealing with multiple targets that last a long period of time. A higher percentage of your damage will be Agony followed up by either UA or Corruption depending on if you picked *Absolute Corruption Tier 2 Talent*. In similar fashion with simple logic applied the stat priority is: Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers > Int

In addition to the Multi-Target comment if ads are the priority yet they die at a relatively higher pace than usual it can be very efficient to use slightly more Haste if your priority is to quickly deal with them. In an optimal scenario, an Aff lock will make use of multi-target fights to amplify his Boss Dmg drastically. I did this rather well on my very first Mistress Kill (Jul 23, 2017) where I achieved a 52 Out Of 1248 Parse and recently (Sep 17, 2017) I upped myself and scored 83 Out Of 3563 In terms of Boss Damage. Mistress is a very showing fight if an Affliction lock can efficiently make use of Multiple Targets to deal high amounts of Boss Damage.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Single Target - Stand Still:
Malefic Grasp, Contagion, Demonic Circle, Soul Harvest, Dark Pact / Demon Skin,
Grimoire of Supremacy, Soul Conduit + Soul of the Netherlord to gain Death's Embrace.

When standing still Affliction Warlocks can most effectively make use Malefic Grasp due to being able to maintain a higher uptime on Drain Soul. However, this must be done in conjunction with applying Unstable Affliction (UA) to the target at the same time as Drain Soul. This will allow for the Malefic Grasp to stack with Contagion. These are called Drain Cycles and generally, you refresh your DoTs before starting a new drain cycle. Proceeding you apply 2 UA's to the target with Agony and Corruption on and drain. This will maximise your uptime of Drain Soul on each UA Tick as there are 4 Ticks Per a UA. Personally, I run 2p + 4p most of the time on Pure Single target bosses because the 2p Buffs UA Damage and UA can cover up to 50% of your total Boss Dmg if very lucky and its generally a DPS increase if you can afford to run 2p + 4p with the Belt for Shard Refund opportunity.

Single Target Prio - Movement + Ads:
For example, Mistress is a very heavy ad controlled fight as well as Harjatan easy yet the concept is there. For these fights due to the large portions of pure movement with brief moments to hard cast some UA's onto the main target, you will want to use:

Writhe in Agony, Contagion, Demonic Circle, Soul Harvest, Dark Pact / Demon Skin,
Grimoire of Supremacy, Soul Conduit + Soul of the Netherlord OR Death's Embrace + Corruption Ring.

Writhe in Agony allows for an increase in Agony damage, therefore you can spread your damage to more priority ads when they are required to be dealt with and they live a relatively fair lifespan. A similar concept is applied here in the sense that you will want to keep a 100% uptime of UA on the Boss and when priority ads pop up you will spam UA's into them because UA's is the main source of burst damage as an Aff lock. On Mistress, you can apply this concept and Agony the Eels but not Corruption in order to avoid early deaths. This will provide for shards which can be used to shred the Boss HP and in addition, you can plateau your shard count at 3-4 shards which you can then use to help nuke a Murloc's HP into the ground. Also using the Doomguard to interrupt any Water Blasts is wonderful.

Essentially, use UA to Buff Agony damage on the Boss and spam UA's into priority targets while keeping up Agony on Multiple Targets for more shards.

A wonderful Utility Affliction Warlocks posses is the Corruption Ring, which can be very handy in Mythic+ aswell. The core value comes from the fact that in combination with *Absolute Corruption - Tier 2 Talent* you can have a permanent slow on any ads that spawn and need to be slowed down. Demonic Inquisition is a wonderful example were this Ring maximises its utility in terms of being able to permanently slow ads and do increased damage spread across the ads.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
http://lockonestopshop.com/
Up to date sims for relics, talents, etc.

Warlock Discord
Generally just a bunch of memes but occasionally you can discuss with some good theorycrafters

https://www.warcraftlogs.com
I really enjoy analyzing my own and other warlock logs for a fight during progress and farm to ensure that I am performing to my highest possible standards at all times.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot
Wonderful website for simming the new crucible traits/relics and generally any standard up to date simming can be done here. However, I do ensure I install/update simulationcraft on the pc to compare the results if they look inaccurate

Raiding history:

Vanilla - MoP
Played merely as a casual for fun as I was very young to do any advanced min-maxing of my class, spec, talents, etc.

MoP - Raided in a guild called Velocity, my first raiding experience. A portion of these individuals I still play with occasionally as well as I raided with some of them at the start of Legion.

WoD - Took raiding more seriously in the sense that I respected it as an Organised Event that individuals signed up for and I made my due best not to ever be late, 10-15 Minutes early minimum and making sure that I performed to my best ability on the given day. Raided Highmaul, BRF, and HFC but nothing too serious as I had to take care of High School work and general Social Life took over.

Legion - Came back to Legion with the intention of heavily committing to learning my class inside and made sure to stay up to date patch to patch.

Therefore, I raided Mythic EN 7/7 M and performed pretty well as Destro considering I wasn't running optimal legendaries until the Belt dropped.

Raided Mythic ToV but only cleared 2/3 M when it was relevant, killed Helya Mythic at a later date.

Raided a portion of NH with my 2 Day Guild but swapped over to Kazzak in search of a Guild that had a good atmosphere in addition to pushing myself to 4-day raid. I ended up killing Gul'dan with Dark Substance as a trial where I had to learn the fight in less than 50 pulls because they already partially progressed it and we achieved a World 163 M Gul'dan kill. (Apr 19, 2017)

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

Singularity - Ragnaros 2
Raided at the start of Legion with more casual intentions because I was just getting back into the game after a break and wanted to raid with friends/people I knew from MoP / WoD. I was a lot more of a casual player up until Legion and this was my first guild in which I made proper steps to adjusting my performance and analyzing logs to perform better. However, now I find awesome fun in performing in an organized raid environment, pushing for individual performance as well as group performance in relation to mechanics while sustaining high dps. Wanted to push Progress.

Xeon - Kazzak 4 Day
I and many others have partaken in this guild and I didn't enjoy the general raid atmosphere it felt slightly depressing because no one really spoke up outside of the officers and the raid leader. It generally felt like there was favoritism towards Raiders that have been there longer even if you performed well enough to warrant taking to a progress fight. They ended up only using my Destro off-spec for Elisande and didn't want me for Guldan even though Affliction was strong there. Hence, I ended up leaving because I didn't take any of their loot outside of items literally no one needed and the atmosphere while raiding felt mediocre at best along with the weird sense of favoritism. I decided to join Dark Substance in which I killed Gul'dan (World 163 M) before Xeon (World 195 M). FeelsGoodMan.

Dark Substance - Kazzak 4 Day
I had a lot of wonderful times in Dark Substance as they also raided 4 days and a the time the roster consisted of a skilled group of players carrying more average/friend esque players. At first, I paid no attention to this but slowly the core of skilled players made it clear to me that a portion of them was going on separate paths because Dark Substance didn't want to push progress while raiding 4 days a week and pursued a more social guild goal. Essentially every good player got annoyed that better applicants were being denied instead of accepted and most of them quit, accordingly I left and found The Next Step on Twisting Nether since I still wanted to push progress god damn it! While the rest of my friends from Dark Substance joined guilds such as Future and Prime.

The Next Step - Twisting Nether 3 Day
This was literally one of my best times progress raiding. The atmosphere was wonderful, a bunch of skilled players that were keen on improving, individuals called out mistakes after a wipe so we wouldn't waste time looking at logs pointlessly for simple mistakes. The Leadership and General Attitude of the Raid Leader/Officers/Raiders were top notch. Unfortunately while progressing Fallen Avatar we had inconsistencies in the roster due to PC-problems out of everything and they eventually decided to raid 2 days instead of 3 and merge with some old friends. Misty gave a heads up that he doesn't mind if people head on their own path, which I basically said to I'll go back and play with some of my friends in Singularity - Ragnaros who also raided 2 days and I could help them progress. However, I came back to a dysfunctional guild that simply wasn't fun to raid in because of having social members fill in for raids just so we can progress Mistress.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

Mainly I expect a good progress orientated atmosphere in which individuals are willing to take and give constructive criticism when needed.

I'd prefer if raids started on time all the time, but I can understand and sympathize if someone is running 5 minutes late since most of the raid would be waiting at the boss anyway I'd assume.

A pet peeve of mine is when players Hearthstone out to switch talents, I'd rather hand them 20 Tomes and not waste time summoning people all over the place, sorry if this seems harsh but I do enjoy a sense of efficiency when I attend raids.

I respect if individuals can own their mistakes and fix them accordingly.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I hope the fact that I must attend the Military in January doesn't compromise my application but I do understand if it does. I'd merely like to make a home for the future and enjoy playing the game at a high level still.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:56:04 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Fuitclaudit - Aff/Destro Warlock
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »
Hello Fritclaudit!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please read up on KJ and download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Naturage for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim