Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Trisomy - Shadow Priest

[Declined] Trisomy - Shadow Priest
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
Character name:
Trisomy

Battletag:
Trisomy#2467

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
I'm a 25 years old guy from Greece, currently in my last year in Uni (IT). Gaming is my favorite activity when it comes to what I do with my free time, mainly World of Warcraft, but I do enjoy other games as well (LoL, D3, OW etc, any new titles coming out that I'm interested in as well).  I like long walks, swimming, cooking, reading, watching movies/series. If I had to describe myself with 3 words I'd say: patient, friendly, mature. That's what people say at least :D

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury:  https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/trisomy
- Personal warcraft logs:  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/trisomy
- A screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/c62iNjJ.jpg
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6663832992
- Do you have a working microphone? I do

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Haste-->Crit-->Mastery-->Vers-->Int
Haste is the best stat to go for currently. There's a softcap around 14k haste that's pretty hard to reach for now but with sephuz equipped, 12-13k haste is pretty good to have and the goal for this tier really. Crit is the second best stat as we're mainly using Auspicious Spirits as a talent of choice which provides the best dps overall, both for single target and multi target fights. Mastery is not as good as it used to be when we played with San'layn and it's value is much lower compared to haste/crit even after the softcap. Not really sought after but still better than vers/int.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Pretty straight forward when it comes to shadow. The following is the best talent combination for both single target and multi target scenarios, having 4set and following the start prio mentioned above:

Twist of FateóBody and SoulóMind Bomb(my preference)---Lingering Insanity---Auspicious Spirits---Mindbender---Legacy of the Void

Some people prefer to use Misery over Mindbender for dungeons but I don't. Too much of a dps loss for single target.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Streams, Howtopriest.com and the howtopriest discord mainly. There's other sources too but I rarely find anything new/useful there like mmochampion forums. The howtopriest crew does everything and they do it well.

Raiding history:
WotLK

ToTC - Normal - Cleared casually with friends.
Ulduar - Normal - Cleared / Some bosses on hardmode (10man)
ICC - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (10man)
Ruby Sanctum - Normal - Cleared / Heroic -Cleared

Cataclysm

Blackwing Descent - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man)
Bastion of Twilight - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man)
Throne of the four winds - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man)
Firelands - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man - On mage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts05yYtSCd8)
Dragonsoul - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man)

Mists of Pandaria

Mogu'shan Vaults - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man)
Heart of Fear - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man)
Terrace of Endless Spring - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - //Everything but the last boss (guild died and never really got the kill// / guild Heretic-Al'Akir )
Throne of Thunder - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared (25man)
Siege of Orgrimmar - Normal - Most bosses  / Mythic - Cleared

Warlords of Draenor

Highmaul - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared / Mythic - //All but last boss, had tries but wasn't in on the kill//
Blackrock Foundry - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared / Mythic - Cleared
Hellfire Citadel - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared / Mythic - Cleared

Legion

Emerald Nightmare - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared / Mythic - Cleared
Trial of Valor - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared / Mythic - Cleared
The Nighthold - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared / Mythic - Cleared
Tomb of Sargeras - Normal - Cleared / Heroic - Cleared / Mythic Ė7/9 with a good amount of tries on Avatar

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
I started playing WoW with some friends casually around the time TotC was released in WotLK. I started raiding as soon as I had the gear for it only normals at the time on a DK. I rolled a priest on which I started healing on in ICC and the quickly switched to shadow that I've played ever since. I joined Rebirth on Anachronos. I was there until mid Dragonsoul, the guild died due to the Gm quitting and the rest of the officers not wanting to keep going by themselves.
I have since then raided hardcore in other guilds as well (ie Heretic-Al'Akir) up until 3 years or so ago when I joined Genesis - Silvermoon to raid 3 times a week for the first time since I started raiding cause I wanted to achieve what I wanted to achieve in less time played and have the time both in WoW and outside of it to do things that I was interested in.
The guild started having issues at the start of WoD that carried on, ending up with most of the core merging with Malorum recently. It seemed like a good way to keep going since most of us went there (GM/Officers etc), but I decided not to continue in Malorum although I was there for the first few bosses of Tomb. The reason was mainly the fact that people would do everything to get the best ranks possible without caring about the guild's progress while stepping on the back of co-raiders as well. As I understand Malorum has stopped raiding as well at this point. I then decided to move back to Horde that I missed so much. After searching for a good amount of time for a decent guild that would suit me (and also needing a shadow priest!) I decided to join Seventh Sin on Twisting Nether, the guild I'm in currently. The main reason for me looking for a new guild is the social aspect mostly. From my part at least, as in what I've experienced the sort time I'm here, is that I find it quite difficult to feel part of the team. Most of the day you'll rarely see more than 3-5 people online some times none of them being raiders to begin with. People mostly log on for raids and the rest of the time are off. I'd hope for a better environment, with people taking part in other activities outside raiding, or if not, then even simply seeing a few of the people you're actually playing with online, on out of raid times and just get to know them better is still something. Not expecting to be besties with everyone that's not gonna happen. But just some basic communication, to feel part of the team and not just a meatsack recruited to fill a raid spot whenever needed to do so.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

I'm hoping for a good raiding environment, a guild that is friendly to newcomers and values everyone of them as a potential valuable future member. Alt raids are something I'd be interested in, pvp as well if it's organized. In general I'm looking to find a decent 'home' to enjoy the game.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
During raids i'm mostly silent unless i have to say something important. If not, i'm happy with letting the people that should speak, do so as everyone should. Other than that and generally speaking and outside of raids, if i don't say much either on comms or gchat then it's just me being afk or doing other things at the same time which i pay more attention to.

I'm the guy who gets into a raid to kill bosses as efficiently as possible while having fun doing so as part of a team.

I'm loyal which explains why I've stayed so long in guilds that I wasn't entirely happy being in.

I will always be there and try to do my best to contribute in achieving the guild's goals.

Happy to sit if I'm so required for a boss to die faster or more efficiently.

Not a loot whore whatsoever. But need the loot required to be able to contribute. Loot is a tool, not a reward, in my opinion at least.

As i said before, i'm mostly silent both on comms and guild chat etc. Not socially awkward, just usually doing other things at the same time, listening to music etc. Always paying attention when raiding of course but staying quite unless I need to do otherwise.

I know what I'm doing, but everyone makes mistakes, if I do so I'll fix it, wether I'm told to or not.

On progress at least, my mentality is completely different than on farm. I go in to kill a boss. If my damage has to be lower, for things that need to be done, to be done, so be it.

Thanks for reading all this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:07:19 PM by Shimara »

Emveekay

• Enjoy life.
Re: Trisomy-Shadow Priest
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:08:56 PM »
Hi Trisomy,

I'm Mvk, Shadow Priest here in Endless.

I definitely agree with you on the obvious choice of Mind Bomb, as its cooldown aligns perfectly with the ICD of Sephuz.
Quick reminder that we technically do want 14k haste, but our best legendaries (Belt+Sephuz) each count for roughly 1k haste, which is why we can settle with 12k. The 2 legendaries each count for an equal amount of haste due to their effects.

I am very curious, after looking through your logs quickly, on your choice of trinkets on the different fights shown in your logs.. can you please explain for each boss why you play with those specific trinket combinations? I am not entirely sure why and would like some reasoning behind them, so they possibly can make sense to me as well!

Thanks in advance - looking forward to hearing back from you,
Mvk

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 02:39:58 PM »
Hey, I'm going for Tarnished Sentinel Medallion + Terror from Below for single target mostly. I usually swap to my 910 Thurible for fights like the Desolate Host/Mistress, or when cleave is required basically. Sometimes people tend to aoe like crazy making no sense to keep Thurible on so i swap back to TSM for more single target even on cleave scenarios. If this doesn't answer your question let me know.

And yeah you right about the belt+sephuz part, i must have forgotten to put the belt in there.

Tris

Shimara

• The real shim shady
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »
Hello Trisomy

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to weak logs when as you said you tend to only focus on boss dmg.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim