[Accepted] Coehoorn - Frost / Fire Mage

[Accepted] Coehoorn - Frost / Fire Mage
« on: September 17, 2017, 03:36:02 AM »
Character name:
Coehoorn

Battletag:
Coehoorn#21494

Introduction - Let us get to know you!
I am Dan, and I am a 26 years old guy from Poland. By day, I waste my life away in an office job in corporate recruitment, and I weave great balls of frost and fire (Goodness , gracious!) by night. I love WoW and all things Blizzard, but I will venture into the cancerous wastelands of League of Legends and other competitive online games now and again, always happy to (shit)talk away the awards on Discord. A transmog aficionado, hit me up if you feel like your character could use some fashion tips.

As a raider, I am an dedicated and progress-driven player. While WoW is probably just a hobby for most of us, I recognize raiding in an organised environment and on a limited time schedule is an obligation to the rest of the team which requires full attention and consistent performance. I won't try and weasel my way out of my mistakes, I am ready to take constructive criticism and adjust.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/coehoorn
- Personal Warcraft logs:
7.3: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15673745/13#metric=dps
7.2.5: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15673745/13#metric=dps&partition=1
- A screenshot of your UI: Mere seconds before our very first Sisters kill: https://imgur.com/a/VjwVD
- Connection info results:

- Do you have a working microphone?
Sure. I have been known to misplace my microphone in the moments of progression induced excitement and emit some... passionate breathing. I have since been hard at work to increase my lung capacity and give up breathing all together while raiding, which can serve to explain some of my less excellent parses. It's simply me passing out during the longer encounters.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
A bit of a disclaimer: Tomb of Sargeras, though disappointing in general, has presented mages with a very unique situation where every spec can be utilized during specific encounters for maximum efficiency. Unfortunately, we all know Legion has made min-maxing multiple specs perhaps a little too demanding, especially with the most recent addition of the Crucible and new traits to be unlocked behind heaps and heaps of Artifact Power.
This leads to my preference in continuous progression of my Frost spec over Fire, though the latter admittedly outperforms the former on Avatar, which I know you are currently progressing on. My gear is optimized fairly well and I have all the legendaries at my disposal, but my weaponís relics (961) and Artifact Traits (56) leave some to be desired when compared to my Frostís 968 iLevel and 66,5 Traits. Despite my readiness to play Fire if necessary, my eyes are set on future KilíJaedenís progress and the most effective entry in Antorus with all of 3rd tier relic traits unlocked as quickly as possible.

Now, on paper Frost is a simple spec to optimize in terms of both stats and talent choices. One obvious figure every Frost mage is looking to maintain is the 33,34% crit assuring 100% crits when shattering your abilities. Crit begins falling off at approximately the 31-32% mark, which allows allocating the remaining percent in other stats if you are in a little bit of gambling mood.

After Shatter cap, Haste and Versatility are both extremely desirable stats with minor differences between them, with exact weighs shifting slightly back and forth, depending on oneís current gear.

With my current gear values of 33.14% Crit, 30.10% Haste, 38.36% Mastery (god damn you, Sentinel) and 12.05% Versatility, my stat weighs are as follow:
Vers (30.08) ~= Haste (29.61) > Int (24.56) > Mastery (17.36) ~= Crit (16.39)

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight, and why you choose these talents.
Like mentioned above, Frost offers little variance in the choice of talents. With Lonely Winter reigning supreme, Shimmer offering superior mobility, level 75 tier being mostly irrelevant in terms of PvE and Thermal Void blasting Glacial Spike into irrelevance after pretty recent changes to the ability, we are looking at swapping between Frozen Touch and Unstable Magic for Single Target fights with Splitting Ice and Arctic Gale for AoE / multi-target encounters. One unfortunate exception is the Avatar fight, which doesnít trigger Splitting Ice for reasons unknown to me, thus requiring a strictly Single Target setup.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
The Altered Time mage community forums and our assorted class Discord are my primary resources when it comes to class news and upcoming changes, gameplay discussions and general theorycrafting. Simcraft and WarcraftLogs are two powerful tools I will turn to regularly to analyze my performance, identify mistakes, optimize gear and find out effective trends that other players follow in execution of specific fights.
Besides all that, I've always been a firm believer in the power of practise over theory, and I often prefer an actual conversations with other mages, comparing experiences and results more directly, as well as trial and error. I'll throw myself at an encounter and try and find out things for myself, see what feels best and how it correlates with conditions created in individual raid teams (assigned roles, potential difficulties, proper cooldown usage defined by our timings and such).

Raiding history:
Vanilla: Raided and cleared all of Vanilla content apart from Naxxramas. I was a hunter in the guild that opened the Gates of AQ on the Earthen Ring RP realm. Unfortunately, the guild has been devoured by internal drama typical for the RP realms of the early days by the end of our AQ40 progress.

The Burning Crusade: Raided in a fairly casual capacity all the way up to Black Temple in a tight knit community of raiders compromised of players coming from multiple guilds on the Venture Co RP-PvP realm, before shifting priorities primarily to PvP and arena play in Season 3 and 4.

Wrath of the Lich King: Only raided and cleared the new iteration of Naxxramas early into the expansion before shifting priorities primarily to PvP and arena play, similarly to The Burning Crusade.

Cataclysm: I havenít been raiding at all in Cataclysm, but I have been a part of a very active PvP community which focused on organised RBG play.

Mists of Pandaria: Begun raiding by the very end of Mists of Pandaria, in Siege of Orgrimmar, enjoying the game in a very relaxed and casual capacity beforehand. I took a chance on transfering to Frostmane and joining the <Hombres> guild which turned out to be one of the most amazing groups of people I have met throughout all the years playing World of Warcraft. Freshly created, we set out to build a roster for Warlords and perhaps dabble in Mythic raiding (still called Heroic then), but we managed to make our way through all of Siege in very efficient manner, earning the Cutting Edge achievement.

Warlords of Draenor: Continued raiding with <Hombres>, quickly clearing Mythic Highmaul, before the guild succumbed to roster issues ícaused by the transition from 10-man to 20-man raiding during Blackrock Foundry progress. The necessity to bring on board more people who were not the best personality match for our core team was equally damaging to overall enjoyment of raiding. This led me to a decision to drop raiding all together for the remainder of the expansion.

Legion: After the very disappointing expansion of Warlords, Legion felt like a much needed breath of fresh air that quickly reignited my desire to progress and raid at the highest difficulty. I transfered to Ravencrest to join the <Muju> guild at the tail end of Warlords for a couple of trial raids in Hellfire Citadel before moving onto Legion. <Muju> was a two-days guild with a premise of clearing the most hardcore content in a timely manner on a light schedule that wouldnít conflict with increasingly busy lives outside of the game. We blazed through Mythic Emerald Nightmare and Mythic Trials of Valor, at which point I was forced into a break from raiding until the very end of Mythic Nighthold progress. I was moving into a different job at the time and I knew I wouldnít have the strength and drive to perform to my best ability during these first few months of transition. I have been very forthcoming about that decision with the officer team, offering my assistance if necessary. I came back and rejoined the raiding team by the end of NH, clearing through the whole thing multiple times before the release of Tomb of Sargeras. We cleared the raid all the way to Mythic Maiden and came very close to a kill (multiple sub-15% pulls) when the decision to stop raiding was made. Unfortunately, <Muju> was plagued with roster issues and became increasingly high maintenance for the officer team that planned to avoid a guild becoming their 2nd job in the first place. Multiple core raid members made the decision to stop raiding, in parts due to the demands of real life and a raid tier that felt disappointing and unrewarding to many. With high recruitment competition coming from multiple other two-nights guilds on Ravencrest, we were unable to fill in the gaps with equally skilled and driven players, ultimately quitting all together earlier this week.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
See above.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
What Endless can expect from me is honesty and dedication. Except for unpredictable real life emergencies, I will go out of my way to make sure I am available and ready to raid on time and prepared, with undivided attention and willingness to both push ahead and put the collective good (effective progress) above my own desires (those sweet, sweet orange parses).

What I expect from Endless is a great group of people banded together with a joint goal of progression, an atmosphere of focus in raids and light-hearted fun outside of raids, effective clears in Legion and new expansions to come, and above all an opportunity to prove myself a valuable member for the long haul.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Oh, I dunno, how about a terrible Warcraft dad joke? Right, uhh, why do mages are so polite?

...they have a lot of manas.

Manas? Manners, get it?

I will show myself out.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:32:35 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Coehoorn - Frost / Fire Mage
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »
Hello Coehoorn!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please read up on fights up to and including Avatar and download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Naturage for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim

Re: [Accepted] Coehoorn - Frost / Fire Mage
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:01:23 PM »
Great stuff, thanks a lot for taking the time to look into my application!

I will be transferring my character to Kazzak tonight, I'll hit you up for an invitation as soon as it goes through if you are still online. :)