Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Nihiel - Elemental Shaman

[Declined] Nihiel - Elemental Shaman
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »
Character name:
Nihiel

Battletag:
Nihiel#2711

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
I'm Stephen (Steve for short!), a guy aged 23 living in Aarhus, Denmark. I finished my bachelor's degree in Marketing and Management Communication in June 2016 and I'm applying for my master's degree in IT Communication this summer.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Nihiel/advanced
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20777927/latest/
- A screenshot of your UI: http://i.imgur.com/aedbRvu.jpg
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6164288698
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes I do.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
I've mainly been running Lava Burst Asc build for the duration of NH. For Asc, I follow the general rule of ~75-80% Mastery > crit/int >> vers/haste. Elemental Blast (a talent we use for pretty much everything in NH) grants us a stat buff, and when this overloads we get two of these buffs. On top of this, LvB only scales with int, mastery and vers outside of Ascendance cd which further makes mastery vital. Crit is absolutely amazing for elemental as we get baseline higher crit dmg (increased by 7.2 traits too) and Clearcasting, which with T19 4pc increases the dmg of our spells by 20 %. I would love to go pure crit if mastery wasn't so important and if LvB had better crit scaling. Vers is just a dmg increase, and while haste is amazing I believe it's a "luxury stat" - the other stats are much more important. Besides, Metronome and Whispers essentially grant us all the haste we need.

For Icefury I value crit higher than mastery since Frost Shock is a big part of my dmg with this talent and it doesn't scale with mastery. For LR, optimal stats are haste > crit, but since this is a reversed stat prio compared to the other two talents, nobody really gears for it.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Since 7.1.5, elemental shaman has three viable talent builds. Icefury for ST/prio dmg and movement, Ascendance for big ST burst and finally Lightning Rod for sustained cleave/more ST/prio dmg in cleave fights. I'm personally most happy with the Asc build as I enjoy autospreading Flame Shock. Anytime I can spread FS, my ST/prio dmg increases as I get more LvB resets which also means more movement. This was especially visible during Mythic Botanist progress as I sometimes was top dmg done on the first guy in phase 1.
While I do like Icefury, I don't play it often as it doesn't "scale" well with multiple targets, something there's a lot of in NH. I feel like Icefury is usually cluttering my rotation. It is great on ST fights like Krosus and Star Augur however, and I definitely prefer Icefury for Augur. As for LR, I haven't used it much as I believe the increases ST/prio dmg from FS spreads outweighs the very RNG performance of LR and CL cleave. CL cleave is suffering a lot from movement since your main rotation is turreting and casting.

A quick description of individual talent rows:

15: I usually play with PoF (autospread FS) because of all the targets it can spread to in NH. ER is great for ST and I actually did find it to be better for ST like Trilliax and Augur. TM is pretty decent for more overloads, but I prefer the QoL PoF gives.

30: I honestly haven't ever not taken GoW. A disengage is just too valuable for movement. Should WRT be needed for a strat I would ofc swap.

60: AS is free haste, which is very valuable as elemental doesn't get much baseline haste. Aftershock is decent as we can cast more spenders (all of which are instant = more movement) and EM is great for pushing dps checks.

75: EB is the go to talent as it's a huge dmg boost. EF is great for council fights, but there are none of those in NH (doesn't matter for Botanist as the dps check is in last phase where it's essentially a ST fight). PE is also good, but doesn't scale with mastery so it's devalued in the current meta.

90: Echo all the way. Giving LvB a charge means we don't munch LvB resets and therefore are able to cast a lot more LvB. It's a QoL talent and a huge dps increase at that. SE is garbage, don't ever use it. LMT is fine if you can get full uptime on multiple targets, but as stated previously I much prefer the increase in ST/prio dmg in LvB from resets.

100: Covered above. Asc isn't that strong of a cd but it's obviously decent for a LvB centric build. Icefury is nice for ST/prio dmg when there's no other targets for FS to spread to, and LR for sustained cleave/padding after you've sacrificed everything you hold dear to the RNG gods. 

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
I check MMO Champion and Wowhead daily. I follow the Shaman discord as well as www.stormearthandlava.com which is the prime resource for up-to-date elemental theorycrafting. I also regularly check statistics on Warcraftlogs for more actual data in contrast to theorycrafting.

Raiding history:
I've been raiding since WotLK. My first real raiding experience with a guild was ICC 11/12 HC. Onwards I raided casually here and there, never doing anything seriously. In SoO I cleared 14/14 HC as WR 1000 or so. I did a few mythic kills in HM and BRF, and killed Archimonde Mythic pre-7.0. In Legion I cleared EN Mythic and atm I'm at 7/10 Mythic in NH, with lots of tries on Star Augur (the best one being 4%).

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
My guild in SoO, Zealous @ Tarren Mill, disbanded due to the change from 10HC to 20M. I joined a lot of newer guilds which eventually disbanded in this period. I was in very casual guild on Silvermoon for 9 months but wanted to do something more difficult. I joined Cerberus @ Tarren Mill but left because I didn't like playing spriest in Legion and they didn't have a spot for me if I rerolled. I joined Memoria in Dec 16 and we cleared 7/10M NH. The guild disbanded because the GM left, and we reformed as Ascent. Now the officer roster is stepping down/looking for new guilds so I'm once again looking for a new guild myself.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
The most important thing for me really is stability and a friendly environment. I am a bit exhausted from unstable rosters and general roster issues, since that has been much more impeding to my progress than the actual encounters themselves. I expect an environment in which people are able to play their class optimally if not close to perfectly. I expect efficient raiding with no random breaks and afks on trash and such. I expect a friendly atmosphere in which people are able to take constructive criticism.

From me you can expect a very friendly and motivated player who plays for the good of the guild. I'm able to play my class very well and I know all specs inside out. I've got a lot of decently geared alts which could be brought in for future progress should it be needed.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
I solo'ed High Priest Thekal back in WotLK on my ele shaman with 13k hp and was lucky enough to get my Zulian Tiger Haha! I am aquainted with Mariemagpie from the guild. I'm friends with Twise (was in DT, now in Serenity) and he can vouch for me if needed.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this application and that it hasn't been too much text. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Nihiel :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:25:20 PM by Shimara »

Re: Nihiel - Elemental Shaman
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 03:12:46 AM »
A quick edit: I want to add a bit to my raiding history. From my raiding debut in WotLK till BRF in WoD I mostly mained my ele shaman and holy paladin/mw monk. During BRF I mained shadow priest and swapped between that and mage in HFC. I've always played a lot of different classes, and while I really like dpsing I also have a soft spot for healing. Should it ever be needed, I would be open to reroll to fit the needs of the guild.

These are my characters I've played a bit in Legion; they've got legendaries and could potentially quickly get prepared for raiding.

Priest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Pihiel/advanced
Mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Wiziel/advanced
Hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Zeliac/advanced
Death Knight: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/ereborne/advanced

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Nihiel - Elemental Shaman
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »
Hey Nihiel!

Thanks for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have reviewed your application and have decided we will be declining it. There is no doubt that you are a good player, however it so happens that the priorities have recently changed and our demand on elemental shamans is gone. We apologize for this inconvenience.

We hope and definitely think you will find a good guild in no time!
- Shim