Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Wymarc - Protection Paladin

[Accepted] Wymarc - Protection Paladin
« on: March 05, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »
Character name:
Wymarc

Battletag:
Wymarc#2254

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Heya!

My name is Dean, male in case someone was under the illusion Dean was a unisex anme :D I am 24 from the merry land of England. I am self employed but generally work the same hours :D

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Wymarc/simple
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/37406/
- A screenshot of your UI: http://imgur.com/a/WAxqA (Looks a slight mess cause I have all weakauras displayed at once when normally they wouldnt be.)
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6105043302
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Disclaimer!: I still have the application from my current guild at hand so I am going to borrow some of my answers there to save me a little time.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Two stat prios here, depending on damage or mitgation. For damage you go Strength>Haste>Crit>Mastery>Vers and for mitgation you go Haste>Vers>Mastery>Crit>Strength. I generally steer more towards damage stats but Haste covers both at once so the rule of thumb is just to stack haste until you vomit it out your eyes. Haste reduces the cooldown of all rotational abilties and mitgation, aswell as GCD's which is why it is so valuable. Also the baseline mitgation on Sotr is strong enough as it is so the pain focus is to increase its uptime rather than increase its strength, which is what Mastery would do.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Certain talents are not changed and have no real beneift in a raid enviroment. These would be the CC line which you generally use Blinding Light because it is the only one that does damage, and healing utility line, where Consecrated Ground is mostly chosen as most guilds have a hpala whick takes JoL and Aegis of Light is of very limited use.

15 - Blessed Hammer has the best phyisical mitgation and the highest damage output so is nearly always selected. The two exceptions for this is Star Auger and Krosus who both spew magic damage, in which case you would take Holy Shield, which allows you to block magic damage and reflect damage which you do block. This applies to each DoT ticks too. Blessed Hammer also does a lot of damage in aoe situations so would be chosen in then too.

30 - First Avenger is generally the go to talent. It does the most damage by far, therefor increasing the amount of absorb you get from your Golden Trait (Bulwark of Order). And increases the change to reset Avenger Shield, coupled with the legendary legs which let AS cleave 5 targets instead of three. This is the go to single and aoe talent in terms of damage. When survival is really of important Bastion of Light is chosen. Three SotR charges on a 2min CD equates to 13.5seconds more mitgation every two mins.

45 - CC line, Blinding Light does damage??? Profit.

60 - The choice is "do I want to immune physical or magical" and then you select Spellwarding for magic and Cavalier for physical (actually increases amount of movmement speed charges but it doesnt change Blessing of Protection this way) Ret Aura is a damage LOSS because Blizzard cant check what their spells so so and each minute 2.8k damage proc resets your melee timer, resulting in damage loss :D

75 - The next has Hand of the Protector so instantly becomes the talent you choose, it shares with Divine Steed which gives more movement, or Final Stand which gives an aoe taunt on bubble. Final Stand is only every useful in necrotic dungeons and as said before, you dont need the movement that much. Basically HotP. It allows you to cast heals on other raid remembers and reduced the cooldown which has a whole bunch of synergy with tier, legendary helm and all sorts of fun stuff.

90 - Healing Utility Line - As explained above, JoL if no hpala takes it, otherwise Cons Ground. Its just a numbers mechanic and requires no thought or explanation really. One does more healing then the others :D

100 - Ok so... the choice here is between doing damage or mitgating as much damage as you can, or in this case self healing more. Seraphim is on ths line. Seraphim is where the real damage comes from, it costs two of your mitigation charges, Shield of the Righteous to use, and it gives you 8 seconds of 5500 to all secondary stats per charge used. This is a massive increase to your damage output, as is obvious, and when paired with old war, avenging wrath and trinkets, protection paladin burst is quite nice. The downside to this is that it is a mitigation loss over not using any talents at all. Burning two of your three charges means you lose 9 seconds of ~50% damage reduction to all damage types, that is a significant survival sacrifice. However, having said that, protection paladins have a very nice self heal spell, which is what out tier is all about, giving you a chance to reset, and can hold multiple charges with the legendary helm, which I have too! Coupled with this is quite a nice range of cooldowns, utility and sometimes just complete ways to gimp mechanics you can nearly always run seraphim without TOO much of an increase to damage intake.

The other choice here is Rightous Protector which each cast of Sotr reduced the CD of your HotP and AW. This has quite nice synergy with the tier and legendary helm too. It means each SotR cast has a 35% change to reset your selfheal and will always reduce the CD by three seconds which is nearly half the cooldown. They can also both apply at once so a sotr cast can both reset a full charge (charges cause using legendary helm) and take three seconds of the next charge CD too. The AW component is nice but its more of a makeup in damage so you dont do TOO little compared to Seraphim.

Last Defender is ok but its kind of an inbetween of both talents and only applies in AoE sitatuations in that cast anyway. You would need a constant supply of 5+ mobs for it to be worth taking and that just isnt possible unless youre using a particular Tichondrius strat.
Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Paladin Discord mostly, also looking at other protection paladins and the odd forum I find. Sadly Theck was our best paladin theorycrafter but he doesnt do it anymore :(

Raiding history:

SoO 14/14 Heroic 25man (West 269)
HM 7/7 Mythic (417)
BRF 9/10 Mythic (371)
HFC 13/13 Mythic (729)
EN 7/7 Mythic (371)
ToV 3/3 Mythic (239)
NH 6/10 Mythic (364)
All raids where done as protection paladin!

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
 In After Hours (MoP-WoD) I was a raider, then officer for a time, left because guild disbanded, I raided  here for about two and a bit years. In Furious Gaming (legion start) I was a raider, lookied elsewhere because I didnt enjoy raiding with them anymore. The focus and drive wasnt there, 80% of the raid turnt up to the bosses without a clue about mechanics, including some of the officer roles and banter has slowly turned into salty salt. Another reason is a big majority of my friends went horde and I can no longer play with them, as I was alliance.

Order of Sargeras was my current guild and I just recently joined them but apparently there was a lot of underlying issues with the guild as it was very unstable and it stopped raiding about two weeks after I joined, leaving me on Kazzak with no raid guild :(

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
I expect to be able to kill bosses at a relatively decent pace. I am not talking about bleeding edge speeds but a nice speed without wasting too much time on silly things (OoS failed terribly here) TO be able to do it in three raid days would be very ideal for me, especially without the need of alts. You can expect from my a protection paladin which enjoys his class and is very keen to always do the best possible in terms of both mechanics and damage output, whilst I know sounds strange cause I am a tank but, always maximise the usefulness to your raid. No reason you cant do damage as a tank. I am very aware and have a nice stable pc and internet connection. I used to raid lead before so I still hold some of that awareness required which doing that and can adapt to situations well.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
This amounts to the same as describe your personality kind of questions and I always suck at those. I can communicate quite well and as just mentioned used to raid lead. I am quite friendly and very capable at mythic plus aswell which is pretty handy when farming that gear :D I also dont mind playing other games but I guess that is mostly irrelvant to a guild application :D

I need guild, pls invite.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:02:48 PM by Naturage »

Re: Wymarc - Protection Paladin
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »
It appears I cant edit or I am stupid :D

I linked my Personal Logs in the application and not the ranking page so I will list that too:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22334325/latest/

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: [Accepted] Wymarc - Protection Paladin
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:48:30 PM »
Hello Wymarc!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided you accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please read up on fights up to and including Star Augur and download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Naturage for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim