Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Shimatus - Protection Warrior

[Declined] Shimatus - Protection Warrior
« on: March 03, 2017, 09:14:06 AM »
Character name:Shimatus

Battletag:Enderol#2605

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
I am currently working as an accountant at one of the UK's largest publishing firms (Future Publushing), who are the owners of titles such as PC Gamer magazine, and Edge. I live and work in Bath, in England, and I am passionate about both my work and my hobbies, although my main hobby is PC gaming (in particular WoW), as well as spending time with my girlfriend.
I am a very driven person, and generally only take part in something if I can give it 100% and be the best (or one of the best), and generally love to have a laugh with friends and nerd-out.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Shimatus/simple
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/18862799/latest/
- A screenshot of your UI: http://imgur.com/a2M04tf
- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm) http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6097890239 (This says my ping is 50ms, but 99.9% on the time I play with 30ms but then this was connected to Stockholm per instruction)
- Do you have a working microphone? Yeah

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Generally speaking, my stat priority is Haste > Mast > Versa > Crit, however I can and do change this around depending on the boss fight.
For example, on mythic bota, I run at 35% haste to maintain as close to 100% SB uptime as possible. For Krosus on the other hand, I drop a little bit of haste in order to gain a lot more versatility which helps warriors a lot to deal with the dot he applies.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
There is one main talent which I would look to change depending on ST or add control, and that would be my lvl 60 tier. Everything else would remain the same in this example. Other choices I would make would be on my level 90 tier if I was in danger of large spike damage, and also on my lvl 100 tier, if auto-attach damage was minor, and I needed CDs more regularly, I would switch from HR to AM.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:By far and away, Discord is my main source of information. Following that, I keep up-to-date with patch notes on wowhead (as they get them slightly earlier than mmo-champ, as well as following general discussion & drama on Mmo champ forums etc.

Raiding history:
For the past 2 and a half year, I have been the raid leader of a guild called Asteria, which server transferred to Twisting Nether from Silvermoon, and renamed to Primaris. This is the first guild in which I have truly started to be competitive, where I started playing in Vanilla, but remained casual until I left university. I joined the guild Primaris (formerly Asteria) a week after it's inception (which was in the dying-days of MoP), as the GM was a friend of mine in real life, and I took up the RL role straight away.
From this position, I quickly learnt the depth of which I needed to understand both the mechanics of an encounter, as well as how to coordinate my team and facilitate damage from my role as a tank. Thankfully, I have found that these skills have been transferable to my real-life occupation (lucky perk I guess). As such, I led this guild from a base of nothing, to acheiving cutting-edge Imperator Margok, as well as 7/10 mythic BRF before deciding to take it easy in anticipation of HFC's release. In HFC I lead the guild to 5/10 mythic within the first 2-3 months of release, but found that we had begun to haemorrhage players at a rate which was unsustainable to replace and also maintain a skilled and adequately geared roster. Throughout this time, I was largely acting GM and RL and had very little support from anyone else, so decided to take the team into a break period, where we only resume raiding in the months running up to Legion pre-patch. When we did start raiding again, we cleared the rest of the raid, and narrowly missed out on cutting-edge Archimonde by a matter of days.
Throughout WoD I mained a brewmaster monk, which is still one of the alts which I am keeping relatively up-to-date, whilst also having a very very well geared and played paladin, as well as having all other tanks at level cap. I wanted to be sure that I had a good grasp on the capabilities of all potential co-tanks and am adaptable to any given situation.
3 weeks ago, after leading my guild for approaching 3 years, I simply counldn't maintain the work required. I have tried desperately on multiple occasions to establish a solid officer team and it never managed to support me adequately. So, I decided to leave the guild, and effectively disband the team. I play WoW to be competitive and to have fun, and the situation I was in became too much like a second job, to the point I stopped enjoying playing. Up to this point I had led my team to cutting edge Xavius and 2/3 mythic ToV, as well as AotC Guldan and 1/10 mythic NH.
After this, I joined Artifex, but since joining have come to realise that their roster is really unstable, as well as come to the realisation that I want to push to a higher level than they can offer (they have progress killed 1 boss in the almost 4 weeks that Ive been here).
I am currently 4/10 mythic NH with several days of progress on mythic Botanist, seeing up to 30% HP remaining in P3.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
This is largely captured by the response to the above question, however it seemed pertinent not to split my answer in two. TLDR; I ran a guild which I could no longer afford the time to maintain, and joined a guild which offers neither the security nor the progress and mind-set that I am looking for.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
What I expect from you;
I would want a team of like-minded and passionate people to me, whose number 1 priority is progression. Whilst this is true, an understanding that it is a semi-hardcore guild and it should be fun to raid together 
Additionally, Id hope that Id be able to feel stable (unlike my current guild).
What you can expect from me;
I am always punctual, and have maintained 100% attendance throughout my time of competitive raiding.
In raids I am constantly pushing myself to improve, and quickly review my logs in-between pulls each raid to see if I can do so. I will constantly chase your dps AND healers on meters, whilst executing mechanics properly. And am happy to contribute ideas if/when they may be requested with regards to strategy, as well as happy to take on-board constructive criticism.
Outside of raids, I am always up for a laugh, pushing mythic keystones (which I genuinely love to do) and also for doing more casual content / keeping alts up-to-date. Overall, I am very active and am almost always willing to participate in other activities with the guild.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Lastly, I feel like I come across better in spoken conversation, so if you have any doubts or questions, I would love to talk with somebody.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:52:39 PM by Shimara »

AnT

Re: Shimatus - Protection Warrior
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:52:01 PM »
Hello and thank you for applying to us in Endless.

We have gone through your application and while it is somewhat intriguing we have accepted another tank that we think has a higher chance of making it which is why we can not move forward with you. Best of luck finding a new guild!
All my addons can be found on Curse!