Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Nexl - Fury / Arms Warrior Application

[Accepted] Nexl - Fury / Arms Warrior Application
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:48:29 PM »
Character name: Nexl

Battletag: RaveN#27394

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

30 year old marketing consultant and gaming veteran named Kristian from Sweden who's currently living in Norway - Bergen. Use to have my own company here but project died out and so did my motivation to work like that. In fact, I got burned out and now I'm on the shelf to repair myself so I'm sorta "under construction" and the best medicine for that is World of Warcraft. I tend to workout, 2-4 times a week. I eat healthy I stay clean, even quit drinking simply cuz I'm tired of partying and spending all my money on the weekends. I'm very nerdy, I love reading, hiking, fishing, exploring. travel, babes but most of all my dear warrior, Nexl.

I believe in team spirit and always put my team at first hand, together we are stronger than alone and together we can overcome almost any obstacle given our way, to grow even stronger as a team. Player wise I'm the type of person who's got a lot of knowledge and experience regarding the game, my class and MMO's in general.

I played Dark Age of Camelot for 5 years in the the most dominant PvP guild ever to exist in the game called "Nolby Pride" nr #1 guild worldwide (Midgard realm ofc). We swiped the floor with most of the other faction guilds on a daily basis for many years and I've played the same class ever since the beginning of my "career". Berserker (extremly similar to Fury) for 5 years in DAoC and Fury (PvE) Arms (PvP) Warrior for 12 years in WoW.

Nowadays I mostly boost and raid when I'm in-game, trying to make at least 1-2 Mill AP a day to keep my specs up to date. I Simcraft, I read MMO-champ also hang out on Warrior Discord for new info and stay up to date. Keep myself updated for encounters and always trying to adapt spec and mindset for every boss. Try to find solution to my DPS during encounters to min max and the absolute best way to avoid as much as possible while doing it. Always prepared and focused and always trying to be on top of my game.

Please provide us with the following:

- Link to your armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Nexl/simple

- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/953367/10/

- A screenshot of your UI: https://postimg.org/image/f62qiq9jp/

- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5848929524

- Do you have a working microphone? Yes and I speak fluent in English

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

Fury is a Haste based spec with mastery as 2nd. Tho stacking abit of crit is not bad once you hit 36%~~ Mastery.
For Arms it's mastery mainly but stacking haste for 2nd GCD and breakpoint is also very important.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Fury has pretty mandatory spec and some of the talents should honestly be made baseline but as there not I'd say it's a matter of taste. Future wise, there will be a major difference due to the certain buffs etc but for the current content it's a switch between Tier 1 : War Machine and Endless Rage. Where War Machine is good for AOE fights due to the 30% Haste and movement speed for 10 sec after every kill. While Endless Rage is a sustainable ST talent for more Fury generated through your hits.

Tier 5 : Massacre and Carnage. Massacre is the one talent I'd want as baseline, as it provides free rampages upon execute crits which is mandatory in fights to keep execute going AND enrage up. Otherwise you have to hardcast Rampage which is very boring and a HUGE DPS loss. Carnage could be good in moving fights as it makes Rampage cost less and with the legendary head it's actually stupid how fast you generate rampages during fights and it's also good for aoe as your rampage is AOE if you hit 2-3+ targets with your whirlwind to activate meatcleaver but is bad for execute phase as you have to hardcast rampages to keep your Enrage up as you can't rely on Bloodthirst to crit.

Other talents in the Fury tree are atm considered to weak too be taken into play. (This changes in the upcoming patch(es).)

Arms wise the FR build is pretty much all to go for and with the free Bladestorm in the spec you don't really change talents that much or at all.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

Reading MMO-champion on a daylie basis. Keeping myself updated on the Warrior Discord also Sim-craft/test and talk to friends of the same class and more or less keep myself updated from all the source platforms.

Raiding history:

Classic World of Warcraft:

Raided MC/BWL/AQ20/AQ40 with <Curse> on Stormscale / Horde as Fury. they then fell apart and leaders + other good players formed new guilds (Rapid Eye Movement, Insert Coin) and I took a break as my motivation died with the guild split. Sadly I missed out on Naxx.

The Burning Crusade:

Did comeback just before release, played almost the entire expansion. Raided on Stormscale / Horde with <nam> as Fury. Did full clears to SWP release. Did Lady Vashj pre-nerf, Kael'thas Sunstrider pre-nerf, Illidan Stormrage pre-nerf. I then took a break as I had a lot going on in school that I had to put all my focus on which lead to the miss of SWP and the sacrifice of WoW and raiding.

Wrath of the Lich King:

Came back around Trial of the Crusader, this time I went Chromaggus / Alliance to join some friends and their guild. We did all bosses Heroic except Anub'arak who actually caused a guild split due to the lack of interest of wiping more and not seeing any progress leaders decided to join forces with another top guild on the server at that time and our guild <First Cohort> died.

I then migrated with some of my friends + other players to a dead realm (Lightning's Blade) and formed a guild called <Minority> where we did Ulduar full clear and even got a late server first on the Yogg 0 keepers. We then ventured into ICC where we cleared everything up to LK25HC. Sadly we never got him down and at the same time as this progress was at hand I got a new job in another country which was an exclusive offer so then again I had to sacrifice pixels for real life and so I did.

Cataclysm:

Came back very late, around DS release where I joined with a guild on Xavius / Horde called <No Progress> we progressed the entire tier and cleared it. Did a late clear in FL25HC aswell but not during the release.

Mists of Pandaria:

I played the beginning of MoP but was so bored of the tier that I decided to PvP instead to try reach some of my goals. I formed a RBG team with some real veterans I knew and in Season 13 we did 2485 Rating and got ourselves the Grand Marshal title. This was around the end of Throne of Thunder and the release of Siege of Orgrimmar. I thought SoO looked awesome and I wanted to PvE again. After being burned out on the PvP front I migrated to Shattered Hand / Horde and joined <Crimson> a world 100 guild at that time. We progressed and cleared the entire tier from release until end and announcement of Draenor.

Warlords of Draenor:

Did not play much here, only PvP. Was very focused at my real life and my new job so had no time to play only casual. Did 2500 in 3s as Turbocleave. Joined <Fatalis> 3 month's before Legion and cleared the current content, just to get it done nothing special (nor was it Cutting Edge).

Legion:

Felt kinda reborn in Legion, this expansion really got me hooked so I've played an insane amount of time. Tho I recently changed City, moved all my stuff, had to get internet going and therefor I haven't been able to play also, I'm on vacation in Sweden now at my parents so I've had a hard time getting online but got internet sorted, found some old rusty table I fixed so will be starting to play regularly now again  8).

Raided with <Fatalis> we did everything from the release, done 7/7 Mythic EN and 2/3 Mythic Trial of Valor.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

I've played in Curse, nam, Eminence, Crimson, Fatalis, Fang and Out of Range. Everything from guild splits to bad RL behavior and some breaks in between expansions and end of expansions.

Most recently I've played in Fatalis on Outland Alliance. A world 300~~ Swedish guild ! Tho the guild is very productive and friendly, the core contains of 10-15 ppl who's played together for a _VERY_ long time. Now in most cases, this should be a good thing. But in this case it was quite the opposite... Prioritization was friends/family over outsiders and as a "outsider" you had barley any real chance to get into the core feeling of the guild. Which lead to a type of loneliness and boredom that I could now keep up with. Sure I had a lot of friends in-game, sure I did a lot outside of raiding. But I want a family that I can rely on and that I feel prioritized in.

So I decided to leave them and go back to Horde. So I left, went Kazzak, joined <Fang> (very impulsive and not thought through decision) but instantly felt that this was a step in the wrong direction. The guild itself (no offense) consist of very heavy banter and sarcasm which I'm not a big fan of at least not in the heavy waves they came with. Also kinda hardcore with their alt split-runs and 4 days of raiding so I just quit. I just disappeared into the shadows to rest my head after the heavy 12 hour day grinding from release + 4 days of raiding weekly. Recently joined <Out of range> which was a friends guild. They had nice progress and was a 3 day raiding guild and I really had my hopes up for these guys but unfortunately the GM decided not to continue due to a lot in school and the guild died out... This was 2017-01-05.

So this is why I'm searching for a 3 day raiding guild where I know I can keep up and find realistic for my current real life situation!

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

Expectations : Like minded people who strive to reach same goal together with the same amount of effort put in together. Also a guild who cares for the media and the social vibe of the guild itself. Like a working Forum and maybe a nice kill-shot every now and then when we killed something? Darn I sure miss those type of things and you guys seem to have it

Offer : Full time dedication to the guild and raids. A raider who's been around for many years and many wipes. Can take constructive criticism and learn from my mistakes. Always up to date when it comes to my class and willing to sacrifice for the team effort and guild. I consider myself a team-player and know that it's one of the most vital keys to success. Put your team first and yourself 2nd. Also a very active player who is more or less always online grinding m+ or doing something.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

The logs provided are from 4 weeks back as I haven't raided much as I've been on Christmas holidays in Sweden and my guild have struggled with recruitment and getting raids going. Also, my Artifact Level of my weapon was around 36 on the logs, I'm 43 now soon 44.

Just want you to know I'm grinding both specs to 54 without a doubt and will be using the best one for raid. Just that I love the consistent flow of Fury and got the BiS legendary head right of the bat when I dinged 110. Hoping to get ring soon so I can go between the 2 specs without any real problems or lack of damage. Hope you take this to consideration.

Apart from that I'm happy you took the time reading my application and hope your found it interesting enough to be taking under consideration since I'm a old school vet who's been around since day 1 of this game and got a lot of experience of games in general.

Many regards and hope to stand side by side with you guys in a near future.

// NexL
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:56:52 PM by Shimara »

holysheep

• There is only one hôlysheep! And hes legendory!
Re: Nexl - Fury / Arms Warrior Application
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:48 PM »
Hello

This is how a application should look like :)
Very clean and its good.
You seem like a good guy have similiar experience and logs look decent at a quick overview.

I wish you good luck with this application and looking forward to see what our officers are saying on this one!

With best regards
Holysheep

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »
Hello

This is how a application should look like :)
Very clean and its good.
You seem like a good guy have similiar experience and logs look decent at a quick overview.

I wish you good luck with this application and looking forward to see what our officers are saying on this one!

With best regards
Holysheep

Thanks for the nice reply, warms my heart you feel that way about the apply as I put a lot of passion into making it! Time will tell what they got in store for me.  :)

Regards
// Nexl

Shimara

• The real shim shady
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:40:09 PM »
Hello Nexl!

We have a few questions. We can see that you have Odyn and Guarm killed on Mythic, however checking your armoury kill dates they are both from the same day. Did you progress these bosses at all?

We cannot find logs of your Odyn/Guarm kill. Nor history on fatalis guild wowprogress page on their kill having you part of their roster? We can only see arms warriors, and you having applied twice as fury would tell us that is not you playing arms!

We are addind your btag if you wish to explain further there!

Looking forward for an answer :)

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:39 PM »
Hello Nexl!

We have a few questions. We can see that you have Odyn and Guarm killed on Mythic, however checking your armoury kill dates they are both from the same day. Did you progress these bosses at all?

We cannot find logs of your Odyn/Guarm kill. Nor history on fatalis guild wowprogress page on their kill having you part of their roster? We can only see arms warriors, and you having applied twice as fury would tell us that is not you playing arms!

We are addind your btag if you wish to explain further there!

Looking forward for an answer :)

Sorry for not making this clear in my guild history or raiding history explanation. I can see that I made it look like I killed 2/3 mythic with Fatalis which is not the case. I men't that as my progress.

However, I progressed Odyn with Fatalis to 17%-14% several times. I then was away the day they killed Odyn (moved city) and was on the progress for Guarm with them also. Got him fairly low several times there as well before leaving them and making my way to Kazzak.

I then killed both Odyn and Guarm with Fang during the same raid night. These bosses we're all progressed as Fury, I did not kill or play them as Arms.

Regards

// NexL

Shimara

• The real shim shady
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 11:56:35 PM »
Hey Nexl!

We have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild. Please prepare for Helya Mythic and Nighthold!

Please create an account on our forum and ask an officer to promote you there, and download requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum.

Welcome, and good luck!
- Shim

Re: [Accepted] Nexl - Fury / Arms Warrior Application
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 12:45:52 AM »
Oboy oboy! Thanks for blowing life into my gaming again. Will be an honor playing With you guys. Gonna sort everything in the morning!  8)

Many warm regards

// A happy NexL