Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Thamradhel - Resto Shaman

[Accepted] Thamradhel - Resto Shaman
« on: July 13, 2019, 05:23:51 PM »
Character name:
Thamradhel

Battletag:
Thamradhel#2907

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Hi! My name is Anne i'm 26 years old and, contrary to what my name suggests, i'm male. I just finished my bachelors degree in Law in Amsterdam and am starting my masters in September. I live with my girlfriend and generaly spend my free time playing games or reading.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/tarren-mill/thamradhel
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/thamradhel#zone=21&metric=hps
- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com) https://imgur.com/JeDZ2LB
- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm) 34 ping, 20 down, 5 up
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes!

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Generally Resto Shamans don't care too much about stat priority, since item level almost always wins out. That said, there needs to be a healthy balance between the stats to not cause issues. Too much haste will make you go oom, too little crit aswell. Crit makes me proc resurgence more, which gives back mana, so eventhough it's a very strong stat, it's wasted if i don't actually use that extra mana. It needs to be balanced.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Not really relevant for a healer, but i guess ill explain my thoughts for single target focussed/spread healing and AOE healing. The first row is interesting because it has 3 good options. Torrent is just always solid, undulation is really strong on single target healing fights, since it boosts healing waves and healing surges and unleash life has a great synergy with Chain heal, especially when running High tide in the last talent row. Another interesting row of talents is the one with Ancetral protection totem. Since this is used often to cheese mechanics, it is a row that can be swapped around between fights aswell, where Ancestral vigor is just solid for fights where the totems are useless, mostly spread fight. Earthen wall totem is amazing for fights with ticking damage. The need for Gracefull spirit can be high in some fights, where movement is important. It does however compete with the wind rush totem, a great utility raid tool which makes the row very competative aswell. All other talents are kinda stuck in one spot because the talent is just alot stronger than the other options, so ive only highlighted the interesting choices.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Alot is done in the resto shaman discord. I use the spreadsheet provided there to check my azerite traits by using my own logs. Other than that i use the Ancetral guidance website mostly.

Raiding history:
After Raiding alot in Wotlk, I never took raiding very seriously untill Legion. I started in Emerald Nightmare with 2 mythic bosses and slowly climbed up to my first real mythic raiding experience in antorus, where i got my first Cutting Edge. Since then ive gotten CE on both G'huun and Jaina.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
I am currently in Fat Mess. The guild fell apart because our maintank and GM decided to quit raiding at the end of jaina progress. We were very close to a kill when he decided to ditch us. This kinda crushed guild morale. We finished the tier and killed jaina with a substitute tank, a friend of the guild.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
A stable environment is something i am looking for. Stable in terms of people not suddenly quitting. Stable in terms of attendance, i;ve been in too many guilds with people close to 85% attendance at best. Since i talked to Ant already about you raid preparations i expect a very well prepared raid which i can contribute to with my own ideas and skills.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
I always prepare myself very well for raids. I used to be Healing officer in my old guild, which made me the person in charge of healing cds and coordinating all of this with the raid leader, if i wasnt raidleading myself. I am very much looking forward to (hopefully) raid with people that put as much effort in as myself.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:08:39 PM by AnT »

AnT

Re: [Accepted] Thamradhel - Resto Shaman
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:11:16 PM »
Hello and thanks for applying! Officers have decided to accept your application and we will reach out to you with more info. Welcome!
All my addons can be found on Curse!