[Accepted] Wac - Shadow Priest

Wac

[Accepted] Wac - Shadow Priest
« on: February 12, 2019, 03:14:08 PM »
Character name:
Wac

Battletag:
Vic#22327

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
My name is Wilhelm and im 22 years old from Sweden

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/frostmane/Wac
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/frostmane/Wac
- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com) https://imgur.com/a/Q0bkvDp
- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm) https://www.speedtest.net/result/8032672498.png
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Haste=Crit >> Vers> Mastery> Int

Haste increases our dot tickrate and casting speed while also lowering the cooldown on Voidbolt and Shadow Word:Void, increasing our voidform uptime which is one of the key parts of the spec.
Crit outside of being a dmg increase also increases the amount of Shadowy Apparitions that spawn from our SWP, which with our current talents and traits is a very big part of our dmg.
Vers simply increases all dmg and slightly reduces dmg intake, nothing much more to say here.
Mastery increases the dmg of almost all of our abilities appart from our Shadowfiend and Shadowy Apparitions which is why its under vers currently, due to how big part of our dmg our Apparitions are.
Int increases the dmg of our abilities, it is however not as valueable as any secondary stat.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Our default talent setup would be:
Shadow Word: Void , The extra charge is extremely helpful, making our insanity gain much better over the course of a fight.
Twist of Fate , Simply an execute talent, very good as you can proc it off low adds that might die during the fight to increase overall dmg.
Auspicious Spirits , While the extra insanity is nice the 100% dmg increase on this talent also applies to our traits, making it insane.
Lingering Insanity , Losing your voidform haste stacks slowly over time instead of all at once is very strong since we basically gain more haste, it also makes voidform cycles much smoother and shorter downtime. Makes the spec run more fluently.
Legacy of the Void , Once again makes our voidform downtime shorter with being able to enter voidform faster and with a faster casttime. The 5% extra dmg during voidform is also just very strong.

For certain fights and scenarios we would swap Twist of Fate for either Dark Void or Misery depending on the style of an add fight.
For stacked burst aoe Dark Void is good since it allows us to dot alot of targets at once.
For spread aoe or very consistantly spread aoe Misery is the talent to pick since we can dot all targets with both dots quickly and easy.
Mostly comes down to how long the adds live and how high of a prio they are aswell.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
I keep up to date with the shadowpriest discord while also analyzing logs and sims, while also doing some thinking of my own.

Raiding history:
Did everything on normal in cata including some bosses in Firelands and DS on Heroic.
During MoP I did ToT on normal with first few bosses on heroic, Did 13/14 HC in SoO before the swap to mythic, did 14/14 on mythic. Played Shadowpriest during ToT and SoO, Played Brewmaster Monk after mythic change in SoO
Highmaul: 3/7M As Brewmaster Monk
BRF: 8/10M As Brewmaster Monk
HFC: 13/13M As Brewmaster Monk and Protection Paladin
EN: 7/7M As Resto Druid
ToV: 3/3 HC As Shadowpriest
Nighthold: 10/10 HC As Shadowpriest
ToS: 9/9M As Shadowpriest
Antorus: Did not play during this tier.
Uldir: 7/8M As Shadowpriest
BoD: 4/9M As shadowpriest

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
The guilds I've left had the same base issues; lack of leadership. I always believed, and still do, that a guild needs a strong RL and a team of officers who communicate with eachother and the team. Without that, progressing can be extremely difficult and in some cases even impossible.
For one of those guilds, the lack of leadership halted the progress in Uldir HC and that lead to people being frustrated and toxic, and the atmosphere was unbareble.
My most recent guild did have someone who was suppose to raid lead, but it was very clear that he knew very little about mechanics and relied on "brute force" to progress.
The reason I left them was because a lot of their views on progress, and raiding in general, was something I didn't stand for. I believe that everything is a team effort, but every team needs a leader and all its members have to work together. This was not the case in my previous guild.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
My expectations are that I can, with you and together as a team, continue to progress and together reach our goal. The biggest goal is of course to get Cutting Edge, but the road to get there is just as important. I feel that you can provide a good environment for both raiding, the social aspect and for me to thrive and learn as a player.
What you can expect from me is that I will do my best, in every possible way. I keep up with my class, and even if I think I know everything to make me a really good player, I will still always try to improve and to try to learn more. I can absolutely take criticism and also think its really good to get both bad and good feedback to grow as a person and a player.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Im very impressed with the raidleading Ive seen from videos and your structure and planning for each and every upcoming fight, something I value greatly.
I hope you will give me the chance to show you what I can do and offer the raid in the form of a well prepared and stable raider.
If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:24:06 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

Re: Wac - Shadow Priest
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:23:51 PM »
Hello Wac!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please prepare for the upcoming fights and download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Fede for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim