Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Ultima - Havoc Demon Hunter

[Declined] Ultima - Havoc Demon Hunter
« on: November 08, 2018, 10:59:32 PM »
Character name: Ultima

Battletag: Lydora#21299

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

Hi, I'm Rhys from the UK. Currently on the last educational leg of what feels like a never-ending journey to become a qualified solicitor in the UK. I'm 33 years old (boo) and male afaik. Other than playing wow I guess i just like typical stuff, movies, football (Manchester United fan) etc.

Please provide us with the following:

- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Ultim%C3%A5 (decent chance i'm in m+ gear)

- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/ultim%C3%A5#difficulty=3

- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com) https://imgur.com/a/5054QlE

- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm) https://imgur.com/a/rS93JMa  (Did try stockholm but was getting errors, regardless, this should demonstrate stability)

- Do you have a working microphone? Yes, no problem with being vocal when required.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

I always see this question in applications and think it's a bit stupid tbh. Anyone wanting to raid at a semi decent level should know how to sim themselves in a variety of situations and appreciate that stat priorities are not static. Anyway, at the moment for ST it's Agi > Vers > Crit > Mast > Haste. AOE is more difficult since it would depend whether I was playing UBC or not (which i do in M+) as it drastically increases the value of mastery with 3 x stacked traits.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

DH is pretty cookie-cutter as far as spec goes.

99 - Blind Fury - Synergy with demonic + fury capping.

100 - Immolation Aura - Fury Gen and some damage potential.

102 - Trail of Ruin - Highest ST DPS potential.

104 - Soul Rending/Netherwalk - Typically taking soul rending in most scenarios to provide extra leech (esp during meta/demonic windows) and lessen the burden on healers unless a specific "oh-shit" mechanic calls for netherwalk.

106 - First Blood - Highest ST DPS potential.

108 - Mostly irrelevant - In theory master of the glaive is the only talent that adds any dps potential but it would be exceptionally rare for you to lose enough uptime for it to be useful. Fel-eruption might have some niche usefulness on encounters like mother where stunning a single target for an interrupt is decent, though generally unleashed power should get the job done provided your dps friends aren't afk! :D

110 - Demonic - Highest ST DPS potential in practice - Even though momentum might perform a tiny bit better in sims, in reality, without pixel perfect play, being a big demon is probably better.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

Class Discord (within reason since a lot of it is conjecture), paying attention to upcoming class changes on wowhead/mmochamp, watching top demon hunters stream m+/raids on twitch, simming and resimming on Raidbots.

Raiding history:

Vanilla - Didn't play

TBC - Cleared all content up to Mu'ru pre nerf, killed KJ.

WOTLK - Cleared all content and various hardmodes/server firsts (back when server was a relevant metric :p)

Cata - PvP'd more seriously than PvE'd, only cleared one tier of cata before essentially stopping PvE. Got R1 on my shaman and Glad on priest between end of WOTLK/mid cata.

MOP - Didnd't play.

WOD - Casual PvP towards the end, hated the expansion.

Legion - All tiers CE at around world rank 400-200, except Antorus which I needed to take a break from to ensure that my Masters work was done to a high standard.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

Nervous Energy (TBC) - Left because I wanted to raid with the guild who were best on the server and they happened to be recruiting my class. I loved the social atmosphere but raiding was a mixed bag.

Bridgeburners (WOTLK) - Stepped down to pursue PVP and eventually left for social reasons (nothing sinister, just to be guilded with the people whom i was active in-game with).

Won't include much in between this period since there isn't much relevance, various stop gap guilds until...

Santa Maria (Legion) - As stated previously, stepped down at the end of tomb to pursue my studies with 100% focus. I am currently a social in this guild though I did leave it for the start of BFA due to their not having a spot for me.

Whatever-Auchindoun (BFA) - I came here for the start of BFA to main my ele shaman but found myself benched for the first month or so, not due to poor performance (I had consistently been one of the top performers from a logs perspective in HC and on Taloc which was the only boss I was in for on progress) but because ele was so heavily stigmatised. Ending up parting amicably when I explained to the GM that I felt like I was wasting my time, did end up doing a few extra kills of other bosses and a token night of Mythrax progress. This was pretty much the stimulus for me deciding to reroll DH.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

A pleasant, stable raiding atmosphere with an emphasis on progress when it counts. A good balance between members who don't want to raid hardcore but who also want to progress in a relevant way.

As for what you can expect from me, a nice guy who is game for a laugh but who knows when to pipe down and focus. A "boss dies first" player who will focus on his job on progress and worry about logs etc when stuff is well and truly on farm.  A well prepared raider who aims to be mechanically sound but who is also striving to do as much dps as humanly possible without compromising the aforementioned. Someone who is receptive to criticism and who, overall, is probably their own sternest critic.

Freetext -

Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
I don't feel like there is much need to add a great deal more other than to say that, although my current raid exp is somewhat low due to my being a reroll, I have improved dramatically in a short space of time and believe that will continue moving forward. Hopefully my present logs (and maybe even my m+ exploits which although fairly limited to this point are at  a decent level  https://raider.io/characters/eu/kazzak/Ultim%C3%A5) will demonstrate sufficient competence for you to give me a chance, which I am sure to grasp with both hands. I look forward to your reply and hopefully to becoming an integral part of the guild's future success!

Thanks for reading,

Rhys
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:50:53 PM by Shimara »

Re: Ultima - Havoc Demon Hunter
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 11:04:23 PM »
Oops, forgot to add that between my shaman/DH I have killed 6/8 and done some progress on Mythrax, so I have a clear idea of the fight.

Shaman link for verification purposes:  https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Bl%C3%B8b

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:46:34 AM »
Apparently reading comprehension is not my specialty! Didn’t notice the spec section referred to an “add control fight”, in a couple of instances fel barrage is viable for its high AOE burst, though on mythic it’s only really used on mother (if cheesing last room)/zek/mythrax.

Shimara

• The real shim shady
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
Hello Ultima!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to low current experience.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim