Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Benchwalker - Windwalker Monk

[Accepted] Benchwalker - Windwalker Monk
« on: November 01, 2018, 05:36:18 PM »
Character name:

Benchwalker-Kazzak

Battletag:

Monachus#21557

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
I'm 23 year old guy currently living in Denmark on my own. Right now I work at a place where I make food for mental ill people and twice a week I also mentor a group of young people who have problems with hallucinations, hearing voices and delusions. Been playing WoW on and off since late Vanilla and have a genuine passion for the game. In my spare time I like to play games (obviously?), take pictures and spend time with my girlfriend.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Benchwalker
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/27731707#spec=Windwalker (I linked them as WW since my Zul log is complettely irrelevant as I kited adds on that fight in my last guild)
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/a/04AcpBh
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7765052312
- Do you have a working microphone? I do yes and will use it when necessary.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

These are my current optimized stat weights for raid encounters: https://gyazo.com/b9d93537a0e07915c58964f9b1b3e2d8
As you can see there is currently no stat for me which is really bad. Haste reduces CDs of my primary spells and increases my energy regeneration, but haste has never been a godlike stat for WWs on ST cause WW damage output revolves around CD management and how much Chi you can dump in the CD windows. This means that you would need fairly big amount of hastes to get another cast of RSK* for an example and other stats would simply have gained more value before that. On AoE however haste can be very good if itís a sustained AoE, less good on burst AoE since haste primarily benefits your energy income. Mastery would for an example have higher priority in a short burst window since you would just do FoF* into RSK (so that you can use WDP*) and then follow use with TP*>SCK*>TP>SCK spam (If you have enough SCK stacks and there is enough mobs).
Vers is the real ďoutlierĒ of this tier, this primarily comes down to the fact that, thatís the only stat which scales with ToK*. If ToK can be used on CD and so on it would technically be your highest damaging spell on ST, this is obviously not the case in a raid environment on progress since you might need it for ďBurst windowsĒ on certain add spawns etc.
Crit is a genuine decent stat, it doesnít really do much for WWs. Itís just a decent stat since a few of our abilities hit more than once on the same cast, aka it increases your chances of getting a crit on that ability since you do multiple coin flips.
RSK*=Rising Sun Kick
FoF*=Fists of Fury
WDP* = Whirling Dragon Punch
TP = Tiger Palm
SCK = Spinning Crane Kick
ToK* = Touch of Karma
Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Right now you would go:

ST

15: Chi Burst (if there EVER happen to be more than one target at a given point)
30: Personal preference, I usually go with Tigerís Lust since I love to spend time in dungeons and in dungeons it can remove some abilities.
45: Fist of the White Tiger. Energizing Elixir is close in terms of sim, but EE feels really awful and clunky to play with so Iíd legit never go with it because FotWT feels smoother to play with. I donít see EE being very good on ST in practise since itís on GCD and you waste a lot of energy by it being on GCD.
60: Good Karma - the only real choice you have till ToK gets nerfed in 8.1. You miss out on enormous amount of damage if you donít go for Good Karma. Ring of Peace is obviously really good for some fights, but if you can avoid having your WW take it right now thatís the best case scenario.
75: Depends on the fight as it is all defensives. I often go with Diffuse Magic since a lot of the damage in this raid is magic.
90: Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger, just the best single target choice really. Not much to say. Lines up well with cooldowns as well so thatís a plus.
100: WDP, in this row you would either play Serenity or WDP. But after the nerf to the Blackout Kick trait early BfA Serenity hasnít really since much play as it only shines on one target  because you can get so many of your priority damage spells off within the Serenity window. But since your RSK is not your top damage anymore due to BoK trait nerfs it simply just lost a lot of value. Itís still fairly good in PvP, but would never use in a PvE scenario as of now.

AoE:

15: Chi Burst, guaranteed 2 chi per cast and you just gain more damage on AoE with Chi Burst over the other abilities in this row.
30: Personal preference - look at ST section please.
45: Currently playing with Fist of the White Tiger since there is no real hard AoE fights. Energizing Elixir might be a bit better when itís paired with Rushing Jade Wind from the level 90 row, but itís very little if any better so I still donít see it being that useful. I wouldnít even consider using EE over FotWT in dungeons.
60: Good Karma - Look at ST section please.
75: Personal preference - look at ST section please.
90: Invoke Xuen the White Tiger is technically still best here IF packs only spawn every 1Ĺ mins or so. If there is constantly adds up Rushing Jade Wind can see play. I would for an example use RJW in dungeons over Xuen since you spend more time on trash than on bosses and the dps loss on ST is worth to loose for some more AoE.
100: WDP. It simply just does AoE damage around you, therefore itís the best choice.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
I use the Monk discord and read articles at Peak of Serenity and then I theorycraft a lot myself. Sometimes just because an azerite armour piece sims a bit higher doesnít mean it will give you more damage on a specific fight.
I obviously analyse Warcraftlogs from other people who play the same class as me. But thatís mostly to see how other people utilize their WW monk rather than what talents should be used.

Raiding history:
Iíve been raiding since TBC.

TBC:

SSC: 5/6 while current content. Progressed Vashj, but my parents wanted me to step down from the raiding roster since they thought I spend too much time infront of the computer at evenings.
Gruulís Lair: Cleared
Magtheridonís Lair: Cleared
The Eye: 3/4 - kinda same story as SSC PepeCry
My parents didnít really wanted me to raid after these raids so only pugged a few bosses here and there in the last three raids.

WotLK:

Naxx: Cleared
OS: Did 3 drakes while current content on another account.
EoE: Cleared
Ulduar: Cleared, a few hard mode done as well.
TotC: Cleared, most of the HC bosses done.
Onyx: Cleared
ICC: Barely raided cause of my parents wanted me to take a break
RS: Didnít raid.

Cata:

Didnít raid since I was attending a boarding school.

MoP:

Played quite casually nothing impressive.
Got WR 170ish or something that on Garrosh, but that was the only tier I really did anything worth noting.

WoD:

Quit halfway into Highmaul Mythic due to irl getting in the way and the raid atmosphere was quite shit. We got Twin Ogron down as WR 70 or so.
Didnít raid in BRF.
Joined my irl mate to help him out in HFC and managed to make them clear the raid on Mythic.

Legion:

EN: Cleared most of the bosses on mythic before I had to take a break. I was currently an officer in the guild I was in at the time and I just got burned out from all the disagreement within the officer staff. A lot of my ideas and such made the guild what it is today however.

ToV: Didnít play the game.

Nighthold: Came back late, but managed to clear it and get CE.

Tomb: Progressing around top 100 on Maiden, but the raid environment wasnít that great and I got into a disagreement with the officer staff. So I decided to quit the game for a while. Came back to the game late in the tier and joined an irl mate of mine in a Danish shit guild. We were progressing KJ but never managed to get CE because people were simply too bad.

Ant: Played with irl mates in Danish guild still, was hella bad. Joined Bloom briefly and got CE there, but I had a rough time in my relationship so had to withdraw my trial there after two kills on Argus or so to focus on nourishing my relationship.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
Iíll only really put in the ďImportant onesĒ

RR Inc, left them because SoO was such a long tier and didnít really want to raid on the alliance side anymore so I went horde briefly before WoD to join some of my old mates in Unknown Error.

UnknownError, really only left them because my irl didnít allow me to keep raiding there. I really enjoyed it there and when I got back to the game they didnít have any spots open for me so I decided to search elsewhere.

Thatís Nice (now known as PMA): Was an officer and got burntout simply and I was on pretty bad terms with the officer team cause we had to many disagreements and people didnít know what direction they wanted the guild to go.

Perceptive: Left because of raid atmosphere mostly.

Bloom: Stated under raid history in Antorus.
Operation Endeavour - My current guild, weíre disbanding so yeah not much to say there haha.
Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
What I expect from Endless is a professional raiding environment that achieves cutting edge every tier, and a nice balance of banter.
What you can expect from me is a very skilled and dedicated player that has 100% attendance and commitment to the raid team.
I donít mind saving my cooldowns if a priority target is coming up. I play to kill bosses and not rank whore. I always have my logs hidden simply because I donít give a damn about logs. Logs is a tool for me to see my mistakes not to show off my e-penis.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

My friend Rhyno is also applying to the guild. Weíre not a package deal but we hope both of us can get in and we can continue our raiding journey together. My current logs are quite bad I would say but I hope theyíre good enough to get in here. I know Iím capable of getting better logs than what my current logs are. I havenít raided much the past few weeks due to low signs etc so I havenít really had the chance to improve them either.

In MoP I got Gold CMs done on 9x characters and did a lot of boosting. Had some of the best times in the world but never got Realm First achievements from more than two dungeons because I rarely pushed with players who were of the same server as me.
WoD I got all realm first times within the same day. Did some boosting in gold CMs but not a lot.

I was the 3rd highest rated WW in the World in m+ before I took a break in the last season of Legion. I have always loved dungeons and would love to do dungeons with people within the guild if there are people  that want to push for high World ranks etc.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:30:03 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Benchwalker - Windwalker Monk
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:29:15 PM »
Hello Benchwalker!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please prepare for the upcoming fights and download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Fede for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim