Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Colatitious - Beast Mastery Hunter

[Declined] Colatitious - Beast Mastery Hunter
« on: November 01, 2018, 04:30:36 PM »
Character name:
Colatitious

Battletag:
CocaJenkins#2873

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
The name is François, Huillier François. I am 27 yo from france and I live/work currently in Algiers, Algeria. I work in a robotics company as a automative engineer.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Colatitious
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/colatitious?mode=detailed&zone=19#
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/a/T2hUmzr
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7764994129.png
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes, fully functional

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Haste -> Crit -> Mastery -> Versatility.

Haste : Increases focus regen, atk speed and reduces the CD of abilities (mainly Barbed shot, Chimaera shot and Kill command), aswell as reducing the GCD.
Crit : I tend to try getting a high % of crit to increase the chance of Wild Call procs, which resets the CD of Barbed shot, allowing a better uptime on the Frenzy buff (pref with 3 stacks).
Mastery : Increases the dmg done by my lovely pet. Currently its not worth trying to get a high amount of mastery but this will change the better the gear I get (further tiers).
Versatility : Increases the dmg done / reduces the dmg taken. I only keep the versa that I get from the items that sim better. as its not worth to stack versatility or to gem/enchant into it.

Currently for my char, haste and crit are fairly close (specially with the reorrigination array from uldir that i try to have it increase my haste). so I try to sim as much as I can to see whats worth enchanting/gemming into.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

BM hunters have a pretty standard build for almost every fight :
Tier 1 (level 15) : Killer Instinct , for a better execute dmg under 35% (increases kill command dmg by 50%).
Tier 2 (level 30) : Chimaera Shot (its not worth considering the other options here as Chimaera Shot provides the most dmg increase).
Tier 3 (level 45) : Natural Mending (for almost every fight, as it helps with the self sustain).
Tier 4 (level 60) : A Murder of Crows (default choice here, best dmg increase).
Tier 5 (level 75) : Posthaste (for almost every fight, except when some additional CC is required where I have to take Binding Shot for the extra AOE root like on zekvoz for example)
Tier 6 (level 90) : Stomp (provides the most dmg for ST or AOE, Barrage is worth considering for some situational fights like G'huun , the only time I use Stampede this raid is when we progressed Zekvoz the first time to kill the adds much much faster).
Tier 7 (level 100) : Aspect of the beast (passive talent, strong dps increase and improves mobility and survivability).

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

I like to sim everything on my own using simulationcraft/raidbots. and I tend to compare my logs to the best logs to see what I am doing differently or if I am doing something wrong. I check icy-veins, bloodmallet, herodamage on a daily basis. I also keep myself updated on the hunters official discord channel (Trueshot Lodge) as they always post very useful informations and tips. twitch streamers can also be a very valuable source of information.

Raiding history:
I am a an experienced raider :
Started raiding at high level during Wotlk where I manage to clear all the current content aswell as some realm firsts. noticeable achievements (LK 10/25 hc, Halion 10/25 hc, A tribute to insanity, Yogg 0). raided as Resto druid.
When Cata was released , I raided BoT but I didnt like the expansion so I left until dragon soul was released where I managed to clear it on HC towards the end of the expansion before the release of MoP.
On MoP, with my guild (Reckless) we managed to get all cutting edge during the first tier raids (Sha of Fear, Grand Empress Shekzeer and Twin Emperors). during the release of throne of thunder, I had to quit the game to focus on my studies as I moved to another city to study.
Came back to WoW on the last patch of WoD (6.2.3) where I cleared 12/13 Mythic HFC. Got the archimonde kill sadly 2 days after the legion prepatch.
On Legion, my guild disbanded mid Emerald nightmare progress so I raided casually with another guild (while I focused on my master degree), at the end of NH guild disbanded and  I joined a new guild when ToS was released and got 6/9 and then my father died so i took a break to fix things IRL. I came back on antorus and got offered an officer spot ans I became the raid leader / shot caller and I managed to guide through the last bosses of antorus and we got cutting edge argus.
On BFA, I joined some old guildies and IRL friends in a guild called Operation Endeavor, we got 7/8 even tho a lot of the core roster left the guild, then the guild master decided that the guild wont raid anymore.
Guild history and reason for leaving them:
Wotlk : Whispers (I left when BoT was release on CATA). main was resto druid, alts were Holy Pala, Lock and frostfire mage.
Cata : Reckless (joined them druing Dragon Soul), quit on mop during throne of thunder. main was shadow priest.
MoP : Reckless, main was disc priest, alt were balance druid, prot paladin.
WoD : Heaven , main was Holy paladin.
Legion : Heaven, main was resto druid (guild disbanded), Ebonheart for ToS and Antorus, main was BM / MM hunter, alts were WW/BM Monk, Ret/prot pally, Resto/balance druid. I left the guild along side some other raiders mainly because of some conflicts inside.
BFA : Operation Endeavor, guild disbanded.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

I started following you once I saw the kill videos on youtube (mainly argus and aggramar), I got attracted to the proper execution of the fights aswell as the raidleading (very strong leadership). I know that if I become a part of your raiding team, I ll be able to improve a lot as a player and continue raiding at the highest level on a reasonable raiding schedule, I am fairly certain of that because I expect people to play their best and your people already have proven that countless times. I also expect a very good raiding atmosphere and a good social aspect inside the guild with people helping each other.
What you can expect of me : I am a very good and experienced raider with a long raiding history, I always tend to push my limits and try to become a better player. when I raid I do my best to perform well (while avoiding to be a log/dps whore) and always do what I am expected to do and spend a lot of time to optimize my chars, and very few tries or pulls are needed for me to adapt to the boss. I am also a very friendly and helpful player. I am fairly certain that I can be a good addition to your raiding team.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I am not perfect (no one is), I can do mistakes but I always make sure that the same mistake doesnt happen twice, I am always improving, and I think that your guild can offer the perfect environment for me to improve even more and a lot faster. and with me inside your raiding team, you will reach better ranks for sure !
Thanks for reading this application that I did my very best with. and I hope we can see each other in raids.
Cheers, François.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:12:41 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Colatitious - Beast Mastery Hunter
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »
Hello Colatitious!

Thank you so much for applying to us here in Endless. We are indeed interested in you as a player, however at this point we would like to see our current hunter trial through. Maybe our paths will be crossed again at a later point.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim