Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Odintdk - Elemental Shaman

[Declined] Odintdk - Elemental Shaman
« on: October 02, 2018, 10:28:13 PM »
Character name: Odintdk

Battletag: Odin#21856

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country) Hello, I'm a guy named Hasan and i'm 33 years old IT guy. I live in Germany, and play video games as a main hobby.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Odintdk
- Personal warcraft logs: I've not raided outside of pugs thus far in BFA, and unfortunately those aren't raids that get on the warcraft logs.
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/a/6VtUMb3
- Connection info results: 16/2, 19 ping
- Do you have a working microphone? Naturally.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

My current single target sims result in INT>Haste>Crit>Verst>Mastery, but that will definitely be changing starting October 3rd with the upcoming buff hotfixes to Lightning bolt, which should put certain talents higher resulting pushing both mastery and crit higher, but probably remain under haste overall.

As of currently, INT as a primary stat being on top due to BFA scaling, is a no brainer, but the reason Haste is as high as it is is largely because as of right now, haste is the only secondary stat that both actively benefit every offensive spell in Elemental's Arsenal AND improves maelstrom generation, as opposed to crit, which does one of Ele's two main damage sources (Lava burst) scales very poorly with, or mastery which scales by a factor of zero with any of Elemental's spenders.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Currently and as far as Elemental is considered, there are really only 2 talent tiers/rows that can even be switched around for different encounters and situations, tier 60 and tier 100, every other talent tier is won by one talent that wins in every situation by simple sheer math.

Tier 60: Either High voltage for single target and/or sustained AOE, or Liquid magma for encounters that involve needing to AOE add waves that don't live too long. 

Tier 100: Ascendance for single target encounters, because it provides on demand burst, or stormkeeper for 4+ targets AOE encounters or burst AOE needs.

(The above will change to include a bit more choice in 8.1)

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

Shaman discord for the up to date testing and theorycrafting and Simming my character is all i really ever needed.

Raiding history:
I started raiding almost directly after i started playing the game, back in Wotlk. I cleared ulduar heroic (minus Yogg+0 ofcourse) during current content, and then proceeded to do the same every following tier with the exception of Firelands where i quit the game due to IRL obligations, and ToS + Antorus in legion which i quit mythic raiding for both these tiers due to the burnout me and many others have had in the middle of legion.

For the vast majority of mythic raiding, i've done so with guilds ranking from 90-300, this number kept increasing as WoW expansions released due to tougher competition and the increase in the amount of raiding guilds, on top of 10/25 man raiding being unified into one raid size.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

Clarity@Twisting nether: The first semi hardcore guild i raided with, starting from way back in Wotlk and ending half way through WoD (end of BRF), where the guild finally disbanded (people quit the game).

Last resort@Kazzak: Joined in 2015 directly after Clarity disbanded, raided with them until Nighthold, then quit mythic raiding due to being burnt out, but continued playing the game casually, up until today.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

I honestly ever only look for a friendly environment to play the game in, within some level of order to keep things chill and sustainable. In return i have always provided near perfect attendance and effort in whichever guild i played and raided in. I am also very welcoming of constructive criticism aslong as helps push the raid group forward and towards better progress. The same goes for raid spots and sitting out or jumping in whenever and whichever is better for the raid group at any given time.

I also was never opposed to playing my resto offspec, or even my up to date alts when needed, and that continues to be the intention.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I do realize the current state of the Elemental spec is a bit rough, but i also believe with the upcoming October 3rd hotfix buffs, and the 8.1 promised talent changes, thing will be shaping up much better in the overall flow of things. Not to mention that even currently, i still manage to perform decently enough across the board in comparison to most people, and things should only get better with the hotfix and from here on.

Thank you for your time and effort in reading my application. And in any case, keep calm and praise the sun! \\[T]//
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:10:23 PM by Shimara »

Re: Odintdk - Elemental Shaman
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:01:48 AM »
Edit: looking again i've found only couple of old raid tiers that were logged by a guild that i was in, and are still up. Not sure if still relevant for today, but here:

HFC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/12337044?zone=8&mode=detailed
EN:  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/12337044?zone=10&mode=detailed

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Odintdk - Elemental Shaman
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 08:10:08 PM »
Hello Odintdk!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to low current experience.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim