Endless - Kazzak

Kerriodesu - Rogue

Kerriodesu - Rogue
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:02:12 PM »
Character name: Kerriodesu

Battletag: Kerriodos#1970

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

Hi! My name is Dan, and I'm a 28 year old Canadian man, living permanently in Sweden with my wife and daughter. I moved to Sweden to be with my wife, who I met in a raid guild on North American servers. We went on to raid together in 3 different guilds in the World 150-200 range over the years, before real life lead us to taking a break from WoW (moved, had a kid, got real jobs, etc). Now, I'm looking to get back into the raid game, and am specifically looking for guilds that value time effeciency, as I find myself with less and less free time as I get older.

Outside of WoW, I work as QA in the game industry, with an aim to move over to development/programming. My main hobbies are gaming, reading (love a good story, so it's a bit shocking I still play WoW), and I'm also a big hockey fan--just to fufill the stereotype.

Please provide us with the following:

- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/kerriodesu
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/kerriodesu - Current main, logs are from various PUGs I've joined in the last week
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/6578322?zone=10&mode=detailed - Most recent logs on my old main with my previous NA guild
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/a/ZXqFYHp
- Connection info results:

- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

Going to stick to a focus on Sub here as it is what I have been actively playing and gearing for. Perfectly comfortable making a swap to any spec, however, and the stat weights for Assassination are roughly similar.

Agi > Crit > Haste has been followed by rule of thumb, as they are the generally stronger single target stats, and I feel that Sub's strength is a focus on ST--while we have a decent cleave burst, it still shines in its ability to use multiple targets to feed combo points into a priority target. With that said, however, I sim my character almost daily to keep aware of any large variances in stat weights. At the time of writing this application, for example, my Vers has dipped low enough relative to my other stats that its value is within 0.06 of Agility, which recently lead me to changing my ring enchants (though this would be less economical with Pact enchants, which would be purchased for Mythic progression).

Current simmed Sub stat weights:
Agility 1.84
Versatility 1.52
Critical Strike 1.46
Haste 1.41
Mastery 1.26

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Again sticking to Sub here, mainly so I don't write an entire novel for you.

ST:
The standard ST build for Sub uses Find Weakness, Marked for Death, Enveloping Shadows, and Master of Shadows. These talents synergize well to increase focus on one target by increasing the number of finshers that can be used on the target, which in turn allows you to Shadow Dance more (esp. with the increased cooldown reduction from Enveloping Shadows), which, finally, grants higher uptime on your Find Weakness windows. This build tends to shine when you have on-use trinkets that can be stacked with the Shadow Dance/Symbols of Death burst windows.

All that said, however, in some cases (usually gear/trait related), it is preferable to use Weaponmaster over Find Weakness, and Deeper Strategem over Marked For Death in single target. This build is designed to increase the power of your finishing abilities (and CDR from Enveloping), which moves some of your damage away from the Shadow Dance window, making you a bit less reliant on your CDs lining up well with the fight. Nevertheless, maximizing energy and cooldown usage inside Shadow Dance remains Sub's strength. This is the build I have recently swapped to as a result of not using an On Use trinket (this sims better as a result).

Adds:
Major changes from the ST builds include dropping Enveloping Shadows for Dark Shadow, and Master of Shadows for Secret Technique. This gives a strong AoE finisher in Secret Technique, while increasing the power of your Shadow Dance window in order to synergize with that finisher. Depending on if the adds can/should be CC'd, taking Night Terrors (AoE slow) or Prey on the Weak (10% damage taken on targets I stun) should be considered as well. Deeper Strategem works well in this build, as it makes Secret Technique more impactful per cast.

If adds are not a priority target, but are still present, it may be worth considering using Dark Shadow over Enveloping Shadows in order to increase the damage done by the huge number of Eviscerates that can be cast on the main target. This is, however, quite situational, depends on target priority and number of targets, and requires some experimentation within the fight to determine if it works better at all.

Finally, if it's a very heavy AoE fight, a swap to Outlaw is definitely worth considering provided that you have the weapons to stay competitive.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

I follow the Ravenholdt rogue guides, and follow the rogue class Discords. I also keep up with developments in theorycraft by talking to a few people in the community who contribute guides (such as the writer of the WoWHead guide, who I previously worked with on Prot Paladin resources/as a mod on Paladin Discord). Further, I watch WCL statistics for different bosses, as well as look through logs of top players, where available, to see what they're doing on a fight-to-fight basis.

Raiding history:
Legion:
ToV: 3/3M, World 154 Helya
EN: 7/7M, World 138 Xavius

WoD:
HFC: 13/13M, World 236 Archimonde
BRF: 10/10M, World 193 Blackhand
Highmaul: 7/7M, World 322 Margok

MoP:
SoO: 14/14, World 151 Garrosh Hellscream
ToT: 13/13, World 477 Ra-Den
T14: 6/6 4/4 6/6, World 523 Sha of Fear

Cata:
T13: 8/8, World 592 Deathwing
T12: 7/7, World 630 Ragnaros
T11: 13/13, World 458

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

Temerity-Windrunner US (now Hyjal US): 12hrs/week. Still in guild on NA servers. Took a break from the game as a result of changing life circumstances (wife was pregnant) in combination with burnout from the AP grind/M+ spam that was especially bad at the start of Legion. When I had time/desire to raid again, I could no longer raid US hours, though I would gladly play with Temerity again if I had the option.

Refined-Thrall US: 12hrs/week. Saw the writing on the wall after Margok died and got out (with plenty of advanced warning), as progression had been really rough and leadership was obviously burnt out. Guild folded within a month or two of me leaving.

Exiled Legion-Zul'jin US: 9hrs/week. After the GM I joined under stepped down, an officer who was specifically not chosen as the new GM started to try to impose his will on the guild, including trying to bring back players who had harrassed women in the guild, etc. I left rather than contribute to a toxic environment where we butted heads. I kept in touch with many of the members of this guild (and raided with some in FF14, alt runs, etc) and he ended up being a major factor in their eventual collapse.

Odyssey-Mug'thol US: 12hrs/week. GM/raid leader had to quit for real life reasons (second kid), and none of the officers (myself included) felt we could take on the increased responsibility while keeping the guild at the level it had been. Decided we should fold gracefully rather than fade away pitifully.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

My expectation of Endless is a Cutting Edge performance, and a leadership that respects their raider's time. I'm an adult with a family and a full time job, so I can't play the game all the time like I used to, and a guild that understands that is paramount.

What you can expect from me is an experienced top-end player, who will do what needs to be done in the time available to him. Someone who is willing to put in the work to excel, and understands that improvement is always possible, no matter how good you think you are. A player who respects the efforts of his guild, and puts his best foot forward every time in order to match that dedication.

Basically, that both sides understand that this is a game, and we play for fun, but no one likes to have their time wasted.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

When I played Prot Paladin, I was a moderator on the Paladin class Discord, regular TC contributer/tester, and wrote guides for WoWHead. I even had a direct influence on Prot class design in Legion alpha. I realize this sounds like I'm bragging, but that's not why I bring it up; rather, I want to emphasize that I get more involved in my class the longer I play it, and learn every tiny nuance I am able to. Any changes that are made, any tricks that arise, any improvements I need to make as a player, I am willing to put in the work to make sure I am the best player I can possibly be--and then I keep going, because you're never perfect.

I understand that players who are coming back from a long break can be a bit of a gamble sometimes and I understand that logs from groups that are effectively PUGs can be difficult for evaluating a player properly. Hopefully my long history of high-end raid experience, performance in a relatively stressful tanking role, experience with limited raid hours, etc, are enough to give you some confidence that I can be the kind of player that can help Endless excel.