Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Asphalosa - Shadow/Disc Priest

[Accepted] Asphalosa - Shadow/Disc Priest
« on: August 11, 2018, 02:05:02 AM »
Character name:
Asphalosa

Battletag:
RefusedOne#2472

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

My name is Jagoda (yes, my name is Blueberry  ;)), I'm 19 and I was born and live in Poland. I still attend school on the weekends and I'm planning to start working part time. I was introduced to games at a very young age and practically raised on them by my father, which in turn made me into a huge, rather introverted female nerd. I enjoy reading fantasy literature and digging through the worlds of multitudes of MMORPG's and ARPG's.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/asphalosa
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/33387930 Have only just come back two days ago after a break for the prepatch, so the lack of prepatch logs is pretty self explanatory. So far mained disc, will set up a shadow WA cluster if the application is accepted.
- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com) https://imgur.com/a/lezCJqC Dummy screenshot taken on beta while I was preparing addons for prepatch release and BFA.
- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm) https://scr.hu/g6R900
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Int > Crit > Haste >> Vers=/Mastery

Crit: our main stat as for the moment due to the talent setup changes, lack of artifact traits, effectively cutting the duration of our voidforms and lack of Lingering Insanity in a top dps setup, thus lowering the importance of haste.

Haste has fallen behind crit on importance for shadow priest as our voidforms without the artifact traits are not able to last so long, thus stacking haste heavily is not as good anymore.

Mastery = Vers is pretty self explanatory: Mastery increases the damage of all of our abilities by a percentage, whilst versatility does the same thing while also granting us defensive stats at the same time.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Note: As for the moment the top talents for both single target and multi target fights (not counting Eonar aka "trash fight") are exactly the same. This will change with the introduction of Azerite traits and legendaries going away in BFA.

T15: Fortress of the Mind - as for the moment the strongest talent in this row because of the legion legendary belt. Simple, passive ability increasing the damage and insanity generation of both Mind Flay and Mind Blast.
In BFA it will most likely be a subject to change as Shadow Word: Void will be a highly viable choice providing two charges of an insanity generating, hard hitting ability in place of Mind Blast.

T30: Body and Soul is an obvious winner over Mania as we spend less time in void form and cant achieve crazy 55-60 stack Void Forms in which every single milisecond and cast mattered.
San'layn will be a very situational choice for raid encounters that require the minimum movement.

T45: For single target and even multi target fights, the strongest talent in that row proves to be Twist of Fate. The potential of that talent is unlimited. Provides a relatively strong execute mechanic to a spec that has already been stripped off of it's ;then baseline; execute ability - Shadow Word: Death. On multi-target fights you apply your DoT's on the adds, thus when they get to the threshold of 35% health, they increase all of our damage output, allowing us to push the boss even harder.

T60: This row is heavily focused around shadow priest's utility. Depending on the encounter it will be a choice between Last Word - for a more frequent interrupt or Psychic Horror if the fight requires a strong, long stun.

T75: Auspicious Spirits is the strongest single target and 2+ target talent in that row (as long as the user has high amounts of crit chance, which in the current state should be most shadow priests), for encounters that don't require situational burst damage, providing us with constant insanity gain and additional damage from our Shadowy Apparitions.
Shadow Word: Death is very niche, makes us click an extra button (who would ever wanna do that  :D) and provides us with less damage than other talents in that row as proven by Simulationcrafting.
Shadow Crash is a reliable AoE burst ability that has a potential to outshine Auspicious Spirits on single target situations if the user doesn't have high amounts of critical strike.

T90: The only clear choice here: Mindbender. Great insanity generation, damage output and low cooldown. The one minute cooldown allows us to use Mindbender every other Voidform to prolong it by 7 to even 10 stacks.
Lingering Insanity doesn't have a chance to shine, as our Voidforms don't last as long as they did.
Void Torrent has almost the same cooldown as Mindbender, but limits the user in so many ways, that it isn't really worth even considering. Long channel time and lack of additional insanity generation makes this talent really bad compared to Mindbender.

T100: As for the moment in that row Dark Ascension and Legacy of the Void differ in dps by around 20 points for single target.
Dark Ascension paired with Heart of the Void legendary heavily increases our burst damage output and gives us the ability to enter Void Form whenever we want, but makes playing around cooldowns a tad more tricky.
Legacy of the Void is still a solid choice in that row, but as for the moment, it makes us stay out of Voidform for a slightly longer period of time than Dark Ascension, thus the minimal difference in dps sims between these two talents.
Note: This will most likely be a subject to change in raid encounters for BFA depending on the types of the fight.
Surrender to Madness is a niche talent both when it comes to the amount of dps it provides, but also its value is lowered significantly since the importance of the duration of our Void Forms has fallen down significantly.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

I keep closely in touch with all the priest discords: FocusedWill, WarcraftPriests (HowToPriest) and Netherlight Temple.
In free time I thoroughly analyze logs of the top shadow and discipline priests  in preparation for raid encounters.

Raiding history:

AtBT 11/11M CE
ToS 7/9M (after that the guild decided to take a break until next tier, as the roster at the time was not the most optimal for Avatar and KJ)
Nighthold- 10/10 H - Did not play through mythic in the progression sense as a few real life things have popped up, that were far more important than the game.
Tov 2/3M
EN 7/7M CE

Draenor:
HFC 13/13M CE
BRF 9/10M
HM 7/7M CE
Note: I have rerolled onto priest before Tomb of Sargeras. Before that I was a full-time mage player.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

Accidentally-BurningLegion - Progressed ToS and AtBT with them up until Aggramar. I have left the guild because of pure toxicity and harassment directed at me because of my gender. The officer team has refused to take any action to make that situation at least a bit more tolerable.

Plaga-BurningLegion - Progressed Aggramar and Argus with them up until P2 50%. After that people stopped showing up and the guild has stopped further progression.

Banished EU-TarrenMill - Killed and farmed Argus with them. I have decided to leave because the guild will be transitioning into 7 days raiding on BFA, which I just won't have time for. On top of that the toxicity of some players mixed with a lot of trials and socials with zero gear being taken for Argus, whilst having zero experience on the fight made every main raiders life an absolute hell, as it felt as if we were just carrying them.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

My expectations towards Endless are pretty simple: Mutual respect, progression at a steady pace and professional raiding environment along strong leadership are all the things I would ever need.

From me as a player you can expect dedication, professional approach towards raiding, being always prepared for what's to come in a new raid tier or encounter. I'm capable of playing multiple specs and swapping between them if need be. In the event of a specific class missing for a raid tier or encounter, whilst my class/spec is overlowing, I'm able to reroll a character to a mage/paladin.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I think, I have voiced everything I wanted to in the points above :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:49:09 PM by Shimara »

Re: Asphalosa-TarrenMill-Shadow/Disc
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 04:29:40 AM »
Sorry for just slappin a screenshot of the speedtest :> Absolutely forgot the page remembers the result

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Asphalosa - Shadow/Disc Priest
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »
Hello Blueberry!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please join our guilds discord you will find an invite link on this forum, once you have gained access. I will during this evening write a quick post about how we are moving forward and what you should know to get up-to-date with the rest of the guild.

You may whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Fede for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim