Endless - Kazzak

[Accepted] Mathyler - Rogue

Tom

[Accepted] Mathyler - Rogue
« on: August 04, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »
Character name: Mathyler 

Battletag: Tom#29677

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country) Hey! My name is Tom, I'm 21 and I just moved back to my home country Portugal after 4 years of studying abroad in England.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ragnaros/Mathyler
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/32757307#partition=1
- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com) http://prntscr.com/kell9u
- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm) http://prntscr.com/kelk4k
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes and I am not afraid to use it!

Stats -
Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Right now for my assa rogue my stat prio is agi = haste = crit > versa > mastery. The rework of haste they did in the prepatch has turned it from the worst stat to the best as now it makes you dots tick quicker. This combined with the sizable nerf they did to mastery completely flipped our stat prio on it's feet. Crit remains just as strong due to it giving us more combo points in both ST and AoE.

Talents -
 Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Assa talents right now are pretty cookie cutter. In the 1st row the current build favors EP because a) you're stacking haste which increases the damage of both bleeds and poisons and Master Poisoners only affects poisons. b) you can maintain a very high uptime due to the level of gear we are at. It is very likely that in early BFA our talent choice here changes. Same thing for aoe fights as our main aoe comes from a combo of bleeds and poisons yet again meaning we wanna double dip with EP. Second row you take subterfuge as nightstalker sucks without legendary shoulders and master assassin at only 50% crit chance is simply too weak to compete with empowered garrotes.
The 45 row, all talents are fairly close. Vigor makes the spec less starved on ST which ensures we can keep the high uptime of EP. If things are dying super quickly around you MFD can be pretty strong (insane for things such as questing) but the dps increase is very slim and only under perfect condition + play. In fights like vari I used it for progression (although as sub) by storing 6 cps and a dance charge, waiting for the add, eviscerating it + mfd + another evis. This guaranteed the adds died on time every time and had me topping the add damage (although it meant I was doing pretty trash boss dps). 60 is personal choice but cheat death is broken and I like taking it nearly every time especially now that feint was nerfed (for the third expansion in a row btw). 75 is a CC tier, it's mostly for m+ and questing. Prey on the weak is the best choice here personally as it provides a nice damage increase to a target you CC. 90 row currently is kinda fucked because all 3 talents are bad. Venom rush was nerfed in BFA, Toxic blade was indirectly nerfed by the mastery changing from just poisons to poisons and bleeds and exsang is undertuned right now. We currently take toxic blade. Level 100 is another easy choice. Hidden blades is undertuned and does nearly no damage, Crimson tempest is insanely good in aoe scenarios where adds survive for a while (think high m+) and poison bomb is simply a passive you take for Single target.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Mostly ravenholdt, the rogue website and discord. I'm a very active member in their community. There's great rogues who browse there and are super helpful if you shoot them a PM.

Raiding history:
 Started raiding in Cata, in Bastion of Twilight. Cleared all the way to Siege. During WoD I cleared every tier and at the end of HFC my guild disbanded so I took a break. Tried out legion, really disliked the initial AP grind so I took a break up until Tomb. When I decided to come back in Tomb, I joined my old guild and cleared part of tomb and started clearing Antorus. However, the guild disbanded before we cleared. I joined another guild and progressed Aggramar and argus with them.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
In antorus I raided in 3 guilds. 1st one was plan B, which disbanded due to disputes among the officer team. 2nd one was pull 10 which I left after killing argus on progress with them because honestly their raid schedule is a shit show, we raided a lot more than 2 days on argus to inflate our world score and get better applicants. 3rd was any hungry, a nova remake that I was invited to by their raid leader as we are old time mates. However I had to take a break to focus on my exams and upon my return there was no available raid spot for me.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you: Well honestly after reading your wowprogress page where you mention a whatsapp group where you share memes I have to say that my expectations are quite high. I do think the idea of a guild whatsapp is great and I hope I can get to know all of you and have a great time as that is how I most enjoy wow. Most every guild can kill bosses but not every guild can have a healthy fun environment whilst doing so. From me, you can expect a passionate player who keeps up to date with his class, the encounters and the game in general. I love doing content outside of raids and even playing other games.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us! I'm not sure what your taste in memes is like so I'll start with a mild one https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419178082939961367/475285622110814219/image.jpg thank you very much for taking the time to read my app :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:26:18 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Tom, Rogue
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »
Hello Mathyler!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please prepare for Argus and download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Fede for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim