Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Rewon - Frost/Blood DK

[Declined] Rewon - Frost/Blood DK
« on: July 01, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »
Character name:
Rewon-Dragonmaw

Battletag:
Rewon#21584

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Male, 22, Netherlands
I enjoy raiding at a very competitive pace, and like being in a guild/enviroment that shares my sentiment. I like seeing banter in voicechannels or the discord channel, little jabs here and there to keep things fresh
I'm currently a maths student, which overlaps with my enjoyment from attempting to minmax everything.
I tend to analyse my (and on request, others) logs a great deal, and like seeing improvements when im aware they need to be dealt with ^^.
Other games i enjoy playing include Battlerite, Path of Exile and Smash bros Melee

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/dragonmaw/rewon
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/21244823
- A screenshot of your UI: https://gyazo.com/88588403b6e7e955bacdad31414f5b94
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7436981539
- Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Frost: All stats are roughly equal. If your crit/haste are below 20-25%, these will rank slightly higher. In 90% of all cases if something is an ilvl upgrade, its bound to be a dps increase.
Blood: Almost the same story as frost. Blood prefers ilvl over specific stats. A 960 chest will almost always beat a 950 chest. Though, if ilvl is (nearly) equal, haste is preffered. Even though it isn't the biggest dps increase, it does increase throughput the most, allowing for less healer attention and safer tanking.
For my personal stat priorities, i usually just go to raidbots.com and use the top gear selection. I use this, combined with the short explanation above to see what gear would be best. For blood, a certain amount of common sense is required as you can't exactly sim damage intake.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Frost does not have many viable talent choices. On the first row there is RA vs SS. SS is picked in the current meta of t21 4p belt + bracers, but with certain forges on certain pieces of gear, CH+bracers + RA might pull ahead.
Other than this pick, the only real difference is frostscythe. Which is practically a binary choice of "will i be hitting 2+ targets more often than not".
Blood on the other hand has a few choices. Theres the choice of speccing into spectral deflection, which is handy to prevent oneshots or very high damage intake. would be "do i expect to die during this encounter".
Other than this pick there is FB vs RT, and BM vs purgatory. FB vs RT is again a choice of "do i need the EHP RT provides over FB", and BM vs purgatory
Blood does not really care if a fight has adds or not, outside of tightening grasp for the slow. As of right now, bonestorm is (sadly) not worth picking up. Its looking better for BfA though!

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
warcraftlogs, wowanalyser, class discords, various rescources provided by class discords, including but not limited to:
Argus scythe calculator, class guides.

Raiding history:
7/9 M ToS <Deliverance>
11/11 M Antorus <Deliverance>

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
Started playing again (originally started in wotlk, but i was a casual nerd back then simply farming furs for mounts) between ToV and NH. Joined <starlight>, a social guild. left the guild when it broke on HC KJ prog. Joined Deliverance shortly after, as an afflock. Guild required a tank, so i stepped up to the task on my DK. Have recently left them because i disagree with how our raiders are expected to prepare.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
I expect to clear content in an efficient manner, in a fun enviroment. "efficient but fun" is a quote im partial to. I expect clear cut rules on how to prep for a raid, and expect all raiders to be held to the same standard.
What you can expect from me:
I tend to never make the same mistake twice. I'm a flexible raider that can play both tank and dps to a competent level.
Before each tier/new fight i like to visualise myself going through the fight beforehand, allowing me to make even less mistakes. On the raiding side of things, i like to keep spirits up with jokes and/or banter. Ofcourse, only when it doesn't impede on downing the boss :p. I also tend to analyse logs, and on request will help someone go through their logs to spot any mistakes. Outside of this i enjoy making/gathering spreadsheets with info for the new tier, bosses, etc.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Nothing else i'd like to add really. I hope to hear from you soon. all questions i had were awnsered by the recruiting officer that approached me.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:44:37 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Rewon - Frost/Blood DK
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 08:44:26 PM »
Hello Rewon!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to stronger applicants

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim