Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Blood DK / Resto Druid - Joint app

[Declined] Blood DK / Resto Druid - Joint app
« on: June 06, 2018, 12:07:49 AM »
Ixmo is in red text

Sicbro is in green text

Sorry for the wall of text coming your way!

Character name:

Ixmo - Ravencrest

Sicbro - Sylvanas

Battletag:

Ixmo#1849

Lefu#2238

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

I currently live in England and work for the NHS as a I.T Support Worker. It’s not the most exciting job but I get to meet and work with some interesting people each day and it pays the bills for my little house (plus my WoW sub!) I love to game and have done all my life and if I'm not on WoW no doubt I'll be on my PS4. But this doesn't mean I don't like to go out with friends / partner and have a few drinks which I do some Friday / Saturday nights.

My name is Alex, and I'm 26 years old, located in Sweden but originally from Denmark.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/ixmo

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/sicbro

- Personal warcraft logs:

Ixmo -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/ravencrest/ixmo#rankingmetric=hps

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QW2ghZDGNwaqrvVm#fight=24

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y6Lc8hq9CvdDmxbN#fight=22

Sicbro -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/sylvanas/sicbro

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p4wZT9713NXHq6yn#fight=27&type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b76NHdqYRpCxF4TV#fight=4&type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CnV8HJxMWDv3GKdb#fight=3&type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WFMLNCx2gbdn8yYT#fight=23&type=healing

- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com)

Ixmo -

https://imgur.com/pleqhWf

Sicbro -

https://imgur.com/a/mMSpzcr

- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm)

Ixmo -

https://imgur.com/Yv5QsMX - Stockholm

https://imgur.com/GZiucn9 - Normal

Unfortunately, I live in England and here, we get shafted quite hard with internet speed compared to other countries. But this is never a problem in game for any lag.

Sicbro -

https://imgur.com/a/AghDfrs - Stockholm

https://imgur.com/a/OE8yyVQ - Normal

- Do you have a working microphone?

Yes, we are both happy to talk

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

Haste > Versatility > Mastery > Crit

Haste – This lowers the the GCD for more runes. It’s the number one stat any Blood DK would go for as well as a couple of other tanks. A quicker GCD means you have more resources to play around with.

Versatility – Classic stat for damage reduction / damage increase, very good stat to go for.

Mastery – While Blood Shield isn’t something you can rely on a lot during raid boss fights, it’s still quite useful to have around.

Crit – Good stat for damage, plain and simple.

While attempting to keep all stats balanced, my current stat priority is as follows, with flat intellect obviously being the highest, and therefore not mentioned:

Mastery: Increases the healing your heal over time effects heal for based on the total heal over time effects you have on the target. Strongest stat currently.

Crit: This stat more or less equates to free healing, which means you will spend less mana healing players overtime the more critical strike you have.

Versatility: Increases all healing and damage you do by a flat percentage - therefore a very solid choice. Attempting to sit on 6-8% if possible.

Haste: Decreases the cast time of your spells and decreases your global cooldown. Getting a low global cooldown is essential as a druid because most of our main healing spells do not have cast times.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Currently my main spec is Blood and pretty much has been since Death Knight's first came out! There isn't much customization on talents these days but swapping a few around definitely helps on some boss fights. Below are why I have gone for mine -

Blooddrinker – A channelled ability with only a 30 second cooldown where I can still parry, dodge and use cooldown defensive abilities while healing myself. I feel like this is a must talent for when raiding (though for Mythic +, I may use Heartbreaker to quickly gain more Runic Power).

Rapid Decomposition – Death & Decay does more damage over time and while standing in it I generate 1 Runic Power per second giving me more chances to use Death Strike. Alternatively Spectral Deflection can be very good on boss fights which hit slow but very hard, such as Argus and his swipes.

Ossuary – More Runic Power and having my Death Strike cost lowered by 5 is just all around too good not to have. This makes it easier to heal more frequent and keep up my blood shield. Anti-Magic Barrier is not often used but can be for when you need a big health pool for that very hard hitting mechanic.

Red Thirst – I feel this is the best talent, decreasing the best defensive cooldown.

March of the Damned – This talent is very useful for any fight you need to move quick on or break any snare / stun effects. Tightening Grasp is useful for any fight with adds which need pulling in together quickly. Tremble Before Me can be useful in some Mythic + but never to be taken in any raid.

Foul Bulwark – Gaining 2% maximum health for each bone shield charge active is useful for any boss fights who have that one ability which hits quite hard. Rune Tap again very useful to decrease any big hits that might be coming your way.

Purgatory – Best talent hands down. This talent has saved me many times in the past and will in the future. Sometimes even saving boss fights where if a tank died, it would have been a wipe. Purgatory is the best for progression, but on fights and farming content when you know you’re not going to die, the other two are good too. Bonestorm for AoE.

Cenarion Ward: Pretty much the go to talent in Tier 1. Used to cast on a target before damage happens. It's great for situations where there is predictable, moderate to heavy sustained damage on a single target. However I have played around with Abundance. The reason for this is, that if you're finding that the damage the group is taking is too much for Rejuvenation alone, but not quite enough for your large heals like Wild Growth and Swiftmend, it can be a life-saver in various situations.

Displacer Beast: A great mobility talent , as it functions like Mages blink. It gives you a short speed buff and places you in cat form, further increasing your mobility for a short time. Great talent to escape death.

Guardian Affinity: Best talent by far for survivability, as it gives a permanent reduction of damage taken by 6%, and allows you to use Frenzied Regen.

Typhoon: Typhoon is normally the go to talent, as for Mass Entanglement, the roots will break on even the smallest amount of damage, making it an inconsistent crowd control in most group settings. Typhoon is a good all around talent for any encounters with adds that need to be managed.

Cultivation: When doing difficult content players often spike below 60% health, which is enough to trigger the Cultivation heal over time.This turns it into a great emergency heal that happens automatically and doesn't cost any mana. This HoT also synergizes with Mastery.

Germination vs. Spring Blossoms: Spring Blossoms: This talent is best used for situations when most of the group is stacked and there's consistent, group-wide damage happening. The small HoT doesn't do a lot by itself, but it does count toward our mastery, making subsequent HoTs more powerful.

Germination: This talent works best in situations where the group is spread out. It's also very solid when specific players will need heavy healing over an extended period of time, such as fights where high-damage debuffs are applied.

Flourish: This is by far the strongest talent choice of Tier 7 talents, as it's a very substantial group-healing cooldown when used properly. It requires that you place as many heal over time effects on the group as possible before the damage happens. Combining this with G'hanir for the 100% faster HoT ticking makes it an even stronger talent choice.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

I mostly check out the Death Knight Discord server. I read and also ask a few questions regarding certain boss fights. Some have given helpful tips and some have made great guides. Also looking through logs. Other than that, I keep up to date with any changes on MMO Champion or WoWhead.

I do the same as Ixmo. I regularly check logs, keep up to date using various different websites and sometimes test out my own theories in game. Such as using a different piece of gear or changing a talent to see how it plays out.

Raiding history:

Classic WoW –
Molten Core - Cleared
Blackwing Lair – Cleared

Burning Crusade –
Karazhan - Cleared
Zul'Aman - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern - Cleared all except for Lady Vashj
Tempest Keep: The Eye - Cleared all except for Kael'thas Sunstrider
Mount Hyjal – Cleared

Wrath of the Lich King –
Naxxramas 10/25 - Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 - Cleared
Eye of Eternity 10/25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10/25 - Cleared all except Algalon the Observer
Crusaders' Coliseum 10/25 - Cleared
Icecrown Citadel 10 – Cleared.
Icecrown Citadel 10 Heroic - Cleared all apart from Lich King.
Icecrown Citadel 25 – Cleared.
Icecrown Citadel 25 Heroic - Cleared all apart from Lich King.

Cataclysm –
Bastion of Twilight - Cleared
Bastion of Twilight Heroic - Halfus Wyrmbreaker, Valiona and Theralion, Ascendant Council and attempted a few fights with Sinestra getting her to 15%, unfortunately I was benched when the guild got the kill.
Blackwing Descent – Cleared
Blackwing Descent Heroic - Cleared
Throne of Four Winds – Cleared
Throne of Four Winds Heroic – The Conclave of Wind
Firelands – All bosses dead apart from Ragnaros

When WoD was released I played only a little of it before becoming quite busy in real life and having to unsub for a while.

Warlords of Draenor -
Highmaul - 7/7 Normal
Heroic - 7/7
Mythic - 1/7

Partway through Legion I had a lot freer time due to changing jobs and am looking to get back into some serious raiding.

Legion –
Emerald Nightmare – 7/7 LFR / Normal
The Nighthold – 10/10 Normal
Tomb of Sargeras – 9/9 Normal / 7/9 Heroic (Killing Kil’jaeden before the Burning Throne patch). Unfortunately many PuGs could not do Maiden or Avatar.
Mythic Antorus – 11/11

TBC - Everything cleared
WotLK - Everything cleared
Cataclysm - Everything cleared
MoP - Everything cleared up to SoO where I took a break
WoD - Everything cleared except for Archimonde on Mythic
Legion -
EN Mythic - Cutting Edge
ToV Mythic - 2/3
NH Mythic - Break
ToS Mythic - 5/9 due to casual raiding after the break
Antorus Mythic - 10/11 (Argus to 17% best go for me)

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

I used to be in a guild called Dissonence (Sylvanas), I applied to this guild because I had friends who told me it was a decent guild with nice members and a good raiding team. The guild was great at first, we were clearing Mythic Antorus quickly and smoothly but then the Guild Leader decided to make some odd choices. He was bringing in people we didn’t quite need (old raiding buddies of his) and replacing a few people. They weren’t the best to raid with and while I don’t mind banter, these people were also quite racist. Recently he made a decision to invite two more tanks even though we already had two main tanks (again, one being an old raiding buddy and one being a real life friend). I feel I am being pushed to the side with no warning so I left the guild.

I am currently in a guild called Loot FTW (Ravencrest) and while I have no problems with this guild in particular, a lot of my friends are going Horde and I would like to join them. I had no plans to swap guilds nor did I know my friends were deciding this at the time but I feel without them, I would find the game a little boring.

So here I am looking for a new home. I hope the above doesn't put you off too much!

First: Epilogue. This was for Mythic EN. This guilds sole focus was to clear everything as fast as possible, to achieve good rankings. I unfortunately had to take a step back from raiding during NH. As I came back to the game prior to ToS' release, I decided to look for a more casual approach to raiding, and I therefore joined Dissonance.

Dissonance was a very friendly and social guild. My reason for leaving this guild however, is as it got a bit too social, but still expectations of showing up to 3-4 raid nights a week without "locking down" and focusing on clearing the content, but instead just having fun on the various bosses, which evidently led to progress being a thing that only happened if there was nothing else to do, as most players stated they were not in for wiping endlessly on progression nights, and rather call it quits if "we hit a wall". I have not at any point had immense focus on my logs, but rather progression, hence why I took my leave.

Prior to Legion, I have raided what I would call semi-hardcore throughout the entirety of WoW, with most content cleared before next expansion was launched. In vanilla I did however not get to clear all of Naxxramas, but made it to clear 4 bosses before the guild disbanded and people parted.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

I’d like to be a part of a well-focused and organised guild who strive to complete all aspects of mythic raiding, which is evident from your progression. I strive to see all of the content WoW has to offer, as in the past I have been held back by guilds not being as dedicated and performing as well as myself. I’m looking for maturity, people with a good sense of humour and a solid raiding team who can focus for long periods of hours.

I've been playing WoW for over 12-13 years now so I know the game very well, I’m a reliable player, a very quick learner when it comes to new encounters and I don't go AFK during raids. I follow orders well, I have a microphone which I’m not afraid to use on Discord and if the raid leader tells me to do something I’ll do it.  Also constantly reading various websites / checking DK Discord server to help improve and understand my class.

I will be 100% focused while raiding and will strive to achieve the best outcome within each boss fight. I regularly read up on each boss tactics and will always come well prepared for each raid (flasks, runes, food buff).  I always strive to play the best I can while having the best consumables, gems and enchants. I have played and mained tank since the start of the game and will always be dedicated and determined even through hundreds of wipes. Knowledgeable about raids, I watch videos and read about Blood Death Knights being specific to each encounter.

I expect a friendly and social environment where the raids are filled with the purpose of clearing whatever current content in a decently timed manner, and having fun doing so. I expect everyone to show up as prepared as humanely possible for whatever challenge we're headed towards, this being with consumables and knowledge of the fights. These are things I value other people doing, as it's something that comes natural to me, to not drag the team down.

Endless can in return expect a loyal member on their team, who's willing to put in the effort to optimize my character to the best of my abilities, and not be afraid of learning anything new whether it's about my class, raid bosses, or something else. Therefore, I'm the kind of person who looks up fights way beforehand, and check various forums for the newest theory crafting regarding my main class.

I believe after reading your WoWProgress page, that I will find these things in Endless

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I know on some boss fights other classes can do much better than some. So when it comes to benching I have no problem with this. Alternatively, I can always gear an alt of the same spec just in case that class performs better on certain boss fights. 

In BFA I will strive to have 3 raid-ready healing classes available, so that I will be able to switch in case one of the roles are not favourable on a given fight. I value progress more over what class I will have to play in order to get there.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:32:24 PM by Fedeh »

AnT

Re: Blood DK / Resto Druid - Joint app
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 02:57:35 AM »
Hey and thanks for applying but we dont do package deals, all members have to be here independently of each other so, if you are serious about joining you need to make individual apps.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:18:59 AM by AnT »
All my addons can be found on Curse!

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 08:48:03 AM »
Hi there, sorry to sound harsh but is that really necessary? We would literally copy and paste what we have put here into separate applications but the end result would be exactly the same. We are two friends so even if one of us were accepted and the other wasn’t, neither would join the guild as we are wanting to game and raid together on the same server.

We thought this would be easiest because when I signed up, I had to wait a whole day for the confirmation email and in the end I had to bug Shim in game to activate my account as I never got one. Didn't really want to annoy him some more regarding forum access and apps.

Fedeh

• 100% Legit Dalaran Portals
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Hello!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application.

As Ant said we don't do package deals.

We wish you the best of luck onwards

Regards

Fedé