Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Shizuni - Mistweaver Monk

[Declined] Shizuni - Mistweaver Monk
« on: June 01, 2018, 12:00:03 AM »
Character name:
Shizuni

Battletag:
Icey#2715

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

Hello, My name is Candice. I'm 24 years old and I am from Belgium. I am currently self-employed in a family business and for leisure, I like playing video games and watch TV shows and follow some different fandoms.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/shizuni
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/shizuni
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/a/5tqYy1d
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7355776079
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

Crit 42%
Haste 13%
Mastery 309%
Versatility 18%

Crit >= Versatility > Haste > Mastery

Critical strike buffs the critical strike ratio of my heals. This works extremely efficiently with HoT effects, namely, Renewing mists and Essence Font as each of the HoTs has an individual chance to crit. This is also applicable to my sustained HoT effects such as Enveloping Mist and Soothing Mist thus making it extremely valuable in all scenarios. Finally, it actually builds upon my Mastery: Gusts of Mist which I will go into in a moment.

Haste simply increases the rate at which my HoT effects tick and also affects the amount of times the effect can tick within its duration, and also decreases the cast-times of my spells.

Mastery has an effect called Gusts of Mist which adds a static value based on a percentage of my mastery that is applied to a target when i cast a heal on that target. So for example, if i cast an Effuse, Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist or a Vivify on a target, it applies the effect triggering a static amount of healing onto my primary target. The reason why critical strike is important is because this effect from my Mastery is able to critically strike, thus making crit the best way to utilize my mastery, funnily enough.

Versatility provides a flat increase to the amount of healing I do and reduces my damage taken by half that amount. In my own playstyle i prefer having more versatility because of Fist-weaving, to help optimize my mana consumption and regeneration as well as my throughput and damage output.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Tier 1: Chi Burst, Zen Pulse & Chi Wave

Chi Burst is my go-to choice because, not only does it provide the highest throughput, but it provides a more skillful way to maximize my throughput resulting in a static amount of healing on a larger group of players than possible with Zen Pulse or Chi wave.

Tier 2: Chi Torpedo, Tiger's Lust & Celerity

I prefer running with Tiger's Lust because it feels a lot smoother to play. Also, it has an additional effect that dispels roots and snares as well as the ability to buff other players with it.

Tier 3: Lifecycles, Spirit of the Crane & Mist Wrap

This tier is basically about mana-management for me, based on the encounter. Generally if I'm able to fistweave, a.k.a DPS, then I run with Spirit of the Crane for mana regeneration where my playstyle involves weaving in DPS to sustain a greater amount of casts. In other situation where the healing is more intense, and I do not have much room to DPS I like running with Lifecycles because it provides a much more mana efficient way of spot-healing. Mist Wrap is generally strong, but I prefer the other two because they fit my playstyle better and additionally, Mist Wrap is being removed so I prefer running with the other two anyway.

Tier 4: Ring of Peace, Song of Chi-Ji & Leg Sweep

Utility Tier, would depend on the fight. The choice would generally vary between Ring of Peace or Leg Sweep. I run with Ring of Peace on Coven to prevent army adds to move around, whereas I use Leg sweep in places like Portal Keeper to stun imps. Song of Chi-Ji feels very limited in terms of it's usability

Tier 5: Healing Elixir, Diffuse Magic & Dampen Harm

I generally run with Diffuse Magic because of it's magic dispel effect, however Healing Elixir and Dampen harm are useful in different situations. But so far in Antorus and legion in general, Diffuse Magic has proved to be more valuable.

Tier 6: Refreshing Jade Wind, Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane & Summon Jade Serpent Statue

Generally, I run with Chi-Ji, because it provides an excellent raid-healing cooldown. However, the throughput on Refreshing Jade Winds is higher but it is reliant on the raid being stacked to reap the maximum benefits from the talent. Jade statue's throughput and utility unfortunately can't compete with the other two talents in this tier.

Tier 7: Mana Tea, Focused Thunder & Rising Thunder

Mana Tea provides the most value in this tier, simply because it synergizes with my fistweaving playstyle where I can have periods of high healing and mana consumption that are more efficient with Mana tea. The other two talents aren't very strong in raid scenarios.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

For my Monk I use Peak of Serenity, the monk website. It provides a lot of handy plug-ins and Data both about the future of mistweavers as well as ways to optimize your gameplay in terms of throughput. Whereas with fistweaving, I mostly look into conversations on the Monk Discord for maximizing damage and healing throughput while also practicing with different stat weights, simulation and testing.

Raiding history:

In WoD:
HM: Ahead of the curve
BRF: Ahead of the curve
HFC: Ahead of the curve and 12/13M current

In Legion:
EN: Cutting edge
NH: Cutting edge
ToV: Cutting edge
ToS: 8/9M
AtBT: Cutting edge

My first raiding experiences came in Warlords of Draenor, I raided heroic throughout the expansion with a variety of classes and cleared most of the content while it was current content, except for Hellfire Citadel. In HFC I was raiding mythic and managed to kill everything except Archimonde on mythic. Most of these raiding experiences came under the role of a Beast Mastery hunter, Resto Shaman, Retribution Paladin, Mistweaver monk. All of them raiding mythic, but as a part of different raid groups.
In legion I decided to main my mistweaver monk because I fell in love with the class, Unfortunately, the launch of legion was impaired for me due to medical reasons, I was actually fresh out of an operation. Fortunately, I started raiding in January, and progressed and cleared EN in a week (replacing my guild's mistweaver at the time) I also killed Helya with my monk. In nighthold, I played both my shaman as restoration and Mistweaver, because of the different needs of the guild I was in. In tomb of sargeras, I was on the fence of leaving my guild after FA because they decided not to progress KJ, and by the time I actually joined my current guild, Severance, they were refusing to rekill KJ so I never really got to try KJ either and as a result I never ended up getting a cutting edge for ToS. However, In antorus I've been progressing on my mistweaver and achieved cutting edge with it.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

• Dirty Minds - Ragnaros: The raid team was falling apart because of people disappearing, and us being unable to even continue progression Kil'Jaeden. With the daily fear of a disband, I left the guild to continue progression for the upcoming raid: Antorus the Burning Throne.
  • Severance - Kazzak: The community in the guild was really not something that I could call perfect. There were certain groups of people that wanted nothing better than to be at each other's necks. This isn't particularly an environment that I want to associate with. I want to have fun while raiding as much as I want to have fun while playing the game, and as a result I'm looking for a more stable and better established guild.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

My expectation is that the guild provides a platform to both have fun while play seriously during progression. Me and my friend both love playing the game both in and outside the raid, and we want to make it all as smooth and enjoyable as possible. As for me, I'm a dedicated and easy-going raider who is flexible both in my healing capabilities and my cooldown usage. I'm used to performing odd-jobs in raid-encounters and am familiar enough my class to min-max, while performing what is required of me.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I just want to add this: Since i've mentioned fistweaving a few times. It's a playstyle that really fits the way that I want to play mistweaver monk. It makes it a lot more mana-efficient and really is something that allows me to completely use every aspect of my class. I do not aim for logs, but I find myself providing a very significant damage output while maintaining a significant and sufficient amount of healing. With the changes to mistweavers in BFA that almost mandate and promote the fistweaving playstyle, which make me confident in my ability to succeed in the coming expansion.
Furthermore, I'm also a flexible player, and am capable of maintaining alts at a high level while playing. I'm not sure if split-runs are something that pique your interest but it is definitely in my strengths to be familiar with more than one class.
I want to note that: I am applying to the guild with my friend: Ramboni - Restoration Druid / Quv - Windwalker Monk of which, Shim had been notified on Battle.net before we started our applications
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:26:33 PM by Fedeh »