Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Ramboni - Restoration Druid / Quv - Windwalker Monk

Character name(s):
Ramboni-Kazzak & Quv-Kazzak

Battletag:
Doorman#2576

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Hi there, My name is Shaun. I'm a 21 year old Canadian Male who is currently situated in Qatar (yes, i know, far from home). I currently work as a producer, editor and animator at a media network. I've got a passion for film and filmmaking, I work part-time as a cinematographer and a screenwriter, and other than that I'm a pretty laid-back chill guy who loves to interact with others both over voice and chat and also surprisingly enough, i love to play video games.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury:
- Personal warcraft logs:
- A screenshot of your UI:  https://gyazo.com/c212abfd9df12c29b0ef47aeb56d2d4c
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/
- Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Restoration Druid stats are extremely dynamic, each stat is valuable for a variety of reasons, and for optimal raid-healing a balance of stats is recommendable. At the moment I run with these values:
  • Critical Strike - 23%
  • Haste - 24%
  • Mastery - 22%
  • Versatility - 12%
Briefly, critical strikes give your HoT ticks and heals a chance to critically strike, and with hots in general, you get a lot of efficiency from crit for every spell, as every single rejuv tick for example, has an individual chance to critically strike, based on your crit chance, and thus with multiple rejuvenations, the small amount of probability really acts in your favor.
Haste, is one of your go-to stats as a Restoration druid, it allows tick manipulation and also has a lot to do with the amount of ticks you can have in the duration of a HoT buff, for example with haste breakpoints for Rejuvenation.
Mastery, is your bread and butter, because every single HoT effect that you place on a target amplifies the healing they take by a percentage equal to a 1:1 ratio of your mastery percentage.
Versatility simply increases your healing dealt by a percentage equal to the percentage of your versatility and reduces the damage you take by half of that amount.

However, because of the nature of the stats, they are arguably strong for different reasons and a result the type of healing i do affects the values of my stats, which i can figure out with the help of RSDW (Resto druid Stat Weights) which is a custom weakaura, that tracks my healing done and determines stat values on the go.
An example of a situation where i would want different stats is Coven of the Shivarra, where i would normally run with high Crit-Versatility and a little bit of Mastery gear because the type of healing is more focused on spot healing rather than raid healing, outside of the Healing DoT.
Another example I want to give of a situation where i would want a much higher haste value would be Varimathras, where the damage patterns are stable and constant across the entire raid, and higher haste would mean more Efflorescence and Spring Blossom ticks. Furthermore, i'd use high mastery because mastery amplifies the healing done by the resto druid to a target with multiple HoT effects, and with a near 100% uptime on spring blossoms on the entire raid, it's going to be a flat 25-30% healing done increase depending on my mastery value.

Windwalker monk stats are quite interesting, but a lot more stream-lined than Restoration Druids. Currently I run with:-
  • Critical Strike - 25%
  • Haste - 11%
  • Mastery - 60%
  • Versatility - 13%
Simply said, critical strike increases your critical hit ratio, and this is relatively beneficial to have primarily for Rising sun kick crits as well as Fists of Fury crits. More recently it is also beneficial for Crackling Jade Lightning ticks (because of the Legendary Chest which has been BiS through Antorus), as the crit effect will also be replicated on your clones during Storm Earth & Fire.
Haste increases your energy regeneration, and decreases the cooldown on Rising sun kick, Fists of Fury and Whirling Dragon Punch and increases your melee attack speed, probably the most undesirable stat at this point, simply because of how rythm plays a huge part in DPSing as a windwalker and as a result haste does not really affect much in terms of gameplay.
Mastery is definitely one of your strongest stats. Mastery increases the damage of your next ability with a 1:1 ratio equal to your mastery, provided that it is not a repeat of the spell that preceded it. Your Mastery synergizes extremely well with the talent called Hit Combo that increases your damage done by 2%, stacking a total of 6 times for a grand total of 12% increased damage with the same condition of not repeating abilities.
Versatility has increased greatly in value over the course of the expansion, and is currently the second most valuable stat you could have as a Windwalker. It increases your damage done by a flat amount equal to your versatility, and reduces the damage you take by half of that amount.
Generally, the value of stats doesn't change much however, You need much more haste to sustain AoE, but it still does not outweigh the other stats. The general priority to follow is
Mastery >= Versatility > Critical Strike > Haste
In AoE situations you can dump a lot of Versatility / Crit for Haste.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Restoration Druid
Tier 1: Prosperity, Cenarion Ward, Abundance
In this tier, the default choice would have to be Cenarion Ward, simply because of the value it has in terms of spot-healing, as well as adding an extra stack of your Mastery to a target. However, a situation that I would say Abundance is useful is Coven, where the increased chance of crit on your regrowths can prove extremely beneficial with spot-healing targets with Fulminating Pulse or Chilled Blood. The only situation I would use prosperity is in combination with Tier-20, but it has very limited uses.
Tier 2: Renewal, Displacer Beast, Wild Charge
Displacer beast is by far the most valuable choice here, however, with the announcement of its eventual removal, I have been trying out Wild Charge every now and then, just to get used to it as it will become the go-to choice.
Tier 3: Balance Affinity, Feral Affinity, Guardian Affinity
An interesting talent tier that is something that I would leave to preference. Personally i play with either Feral affinity, when Cat-weaving, or for progress: Guardian Affinity, because of natural tankiness as well as an increase to throughput.
Tier 4: Mighty Bash, Mass Entanglement, Typhoon
Utility tier, the choices vary from fight to fight. Mass entanglement on Coven, for example to CC army adds. Typhoon on Aggramar for an additional knockback.
Tier 5: Soul of the Forest, Tree of life, Cultivation
Cultivation is generally the strongest choice despite the multiple nerfs that it received, however Tree of life is not to be underestimated. It can prove to be an amazing cooldown, comparable to Wings from a Holy Paladin. Soul of the forest is very impractical for sustained use in a raid environment.
Tier 6: Spring Blossoms, Inner Peace, Germination
Spring Blossoms and Germination, in effect are strong for the same reasons, the ability to add an extra HoT, and in the process an extra stack of your Mastery to your target. The only reason why Germination pulls ahead is that it is more consistent as you cannot guarantee your Efflorescence to hit the entire raid at all times. However, Spring Blossoms is a lot more mana efficient. Inner Peace is a very situational choice, if a 2 minute high raid-healing cooldown is needed. Kingaroth progress is an example of where Inner Peace could be useful, but it is entirely dependant on the rotation of healing cooldowns.
Tier 7: Moment of Clarity, Stonebark, Flourish
Moment of Clarity is in a really weak spot both in terms of throughput and gameplay and hasn't seen much use throughout the expansion. Stonebark is something that I would consider in situations where a single target is to be bombarded with constant and heavy amounts of damage like high mythic+ keys, but has not been needed in a raid scenario thus far. Flourish is by far the best choice at this point in time, simply because of its synergy with our artifact ability Essence of G'hanir.

Windwalker Monk
Tier 1: Chi Burst, Eye of the Tiger, Chi Wave
Eye of the tiger provides steady damage per second, but falls behind the other two abilities in this tier because of the fact that they both add value to both our Mastery and Hit Combo as a filler spell to maintain those buffs. For this reason, Chi-wave pulls slightly ahead due to the shorter cooldown, however Chi-burst is viable in heavy AoE and mythic+ Scenarios.
Tier 2: Chi Torpedo, Tiger's Lust, Celerity
This tier is a mobility based tier, that I would say depends more on playstyle and preference, however, I prefer tiger's lust because it provides an additional utility in both the fact that it can be used on others and also the fact that it functions as a dispel against root and snare effects.
Tier 3: Energizing Elixir, Ascension, Power Strikes
Energizing Elixir pulls far ahead in terms of damage than both Ascension and Power strikes. Additionally, I find that energizing elixir provides many more interesting opportunities in choices while DPSing as well as making gameplay flow a lot better.
Tier 4: Ring of Peace, Black Ox Statue, Leg Sweep
This tier is the crowd control utility tier. I would say that the choices here would depend entirely on the raid encounter, and I have personally used each of these in different scenarios. For example, in Nighthold, on Spellblade Aluriel, I used Black Ox Statue to hold aggro of the Fel add while the raid comfortably dealt with Aluriel. In Antorus, on Eonar, I would make use of Ring of Peace to hold a group of adds in place so that they can clump up and then be cleaved down easily. Leg sweep is more applicable on portal keeper where it provides a guaranteed stun on the imps.
Tier 5: Healing Elixir, Diffuse Magic, Dampen Harm
This is the defensive utility tier, where each of the options are viable depending on the type of damage being taken. Healing elixir provides small healing utility. Dampen Harm provides a dynamic damage mitigation that scales with the damage taken ranging from 20-50%, and finally Diffuse magic, which has proven to be the most useful talent this expansion, reduces magic damage taken greatly, while dispelling certain magical debuffs.
Tier 6: Rushing Jade Winds, Invoke Xuen: The White Tiger, Hit Combo
This tier is one that has struggled with balancing issues. Despite several nerfs over the course of the expansion, Hit Combo still pulls far ahead because of the amazing synergy with our Mastery as well as providing the benefit of a sustainable damage buff for no cost. Both Xuen and RJW fall behind in this regard.
Tier 7: Chi Orbit, Whirling Dragon Punch, Serenity
Whirling Dragon Punch excels in this tier for the same reason that Chi Burst and Chi wave do in the first tier. The fact that it provides us with an additional ability to weave into the Hit Combo rotation just allows the game play to flow a lot smoother. However, in certain situations where there are time periods that require focused damage, Serenity pulls ahead in terms of damage. An example of this would be Illidan's damage taken increase during the mythic Gul'dan fight.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
For my Restoration Druid, I mainly make use of RSDW for stat weights. It is a custom weak-aura that calculates my personal stat weights dependant on both my gear and the actual healing I'm doing over a fight. I'm also an active member of Dreamgrove, the Druid Discord.

For my Monk, I use the Peak of Serenity website. I used to be an active theorycrafter in both the windwalking and mistweaving communities until I switched my main to Resto druid for Gul'dan progression. I also use Raidbots for simulations to optimize my gear and damage output.

Raiding history:
Achievements
Warlords of Draenor
  • Highmaul - 7/7HC - Ahead of the Curve
  • Blackrock Foundry - 10/10HC & 6/10M - Ahead of the Curve
  • Hellfire Citadel - 13/13HC & 7/13M - Ahead of the Curve

Legion
  • Emerald Nightmare - 7/7M - Cutting Edge
  • Trial of Valor - 3/3M - Cutting Edge
  • The Nighthold - 10/10M - Cutting Edge
  • Tomb of Sargeras - 9/9M - Cutting Edge
  • Antorus the Burning Throne - 11/11M - Cutting Edge
Summary
I started playing WoW at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar with about 3 months remaining until the release of Warlords of Draenor. I played WoW casually until the release of Highmaul where i joined a guild on Ravencrest (Alliance) as a social.

The guild I was in was fortunately always short on players, and as a result they always brought me along to progress fights on my windwalker monk. I progressed throughout Highmaul and cleared 7/7HC on it.
The guild decided to attempt mythic progression with the release of Blackrock Foundry. At this point I played both my Windwalker monk and my Druid. I progressed all of heroic on my Windwalker monk as well as the first two bosses of mythic, however, the spec was just not the same after the nerf and as a result I continued progression on my Feral druid. I progressed four more bosses on mythic on my druid for a grand total of 6 Mythic bosses (P.s, i played Balance for Kromog).
With the release of Hellfire Citadel, I had finally applied and gotten accepted into my own guild as a raider. I progressed the first 7 bosses on mythic difficulty as well as cleared heroic on my druid as a feral druid, but unfortunately had to quit raiding due to personal reasons.

With the release of Legion, i had returned to the game with the goal of raiding with some of my RL buddies. We formed our own guild on Ravencrest (Alliance) and raided heroic casually. However, in December, we decided to give Mythic Progression a shot and ended up clearing both Emerald Nightmare and ToV before the release of Nighthold. I played both a Discipline/Holy Priest as well as my monk as a Windwalker/Mistweaver.
In Nighthold, I felt like I was putting in a lot of time and effort into the game, and after progressing through 3/10M Nighthold as a Brewmaster/Mistweaver, I transferred my character to Twisting Nether (Horde) to raid more seriously.
I progressed on the Monk until Elisande was killed. Unfortunately, my guild disbanded right before we began progression on Gul'dan. As a result, I joined a guild that some friends that I did m+ with in their guild, Yesterday's Jam.

I was focused on just playing semi-casually and I levelled my druid to 110. Two days after I hit 110, and was doing keys with my friends, the guild's resto druid announced that he was going to quit the game. I took the opportunity, and was offered a raid-spot on my Restoration Druid. Within a week of gearing and practice, I was the guild's raid ready Restoration Druid. On Gul'dan Progression I played many key roles and was actually the main reason we got the kill. As a result, I was immediately recognized, and immediately promoted to a raider, and within a few days further promoted to the Healing Officer as well as Recruitment Officer of the guild. I raided as a part of Yesterday's Jam through Tomb of Sargeras purely playing my Restoration Druid, clearing 9/9M.

In Antorus, I raided both on my Restoration Druid and my Holy Paladin, progressing 10/11M with Yesterday's Jam. Unfortunately, the guild disbanded after Aggramar due to internal conflicts. As a result, i joined Severance on Kazzak to continue Argus progression, where I played my Restoration Druid for the Cutting Edge.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
  • Omnicide - Ravencrest (Alliance): This is the guild that I played in as a social through Warlords of Draenor. I left them at the launch of Legion because I wanted to play with my RL friends.
  • Impulse - Ravencrest (Alliance): This is the guild that I founded with my friends. I was the raid leader and guildmaster of the guild. I left the guild in search of more serious progression, mid-way through Nighthold.
  • Hexagon - Twisting Nether (Horde): This is the guild that I joined on my monk to progress Nighthold. I left them because the guild disbanded before Gul'dan progression due to the guildmaster's personal problems.
  • Yesterday's Jam - Twisting Nether (Horde): Yesterday's Jam is probably what defined the majority of my mythic raiding experience, and helped me enhance my skills as a player. I left the guild because the guild disbanded after we killed Aggramar.
  • Severance - Kazzak (Horde): I left the guild because I was having a difficult time coping with some parts of the community. Some people decided to abuse personal issues I am and was facing and used them to manipulate and threaten me. It killed the joy of raiding and changed it to fear, and I decided that I no longer want to continue raiding in that kind of environment.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
My only expectations are that the community is welcoming and friendly both in and outside of raids. As much as I love progression, I do want to get to know people and have fun with the new people I raid with. What you can expect from me is a dedicated and well-informed raider who is vocal, pro-active and adaptable.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
First of all I want to sincerely apologize for the length of this application. I genuinely have no control over myself while writing. It comes to me naturally from my (screenwriting) writing habits in real life.
I want to use this section as a platform to talk about my flexibility as a raider. My history in raiding can only show glimpses of what I'm actually capable of. But I can say with confidence that I'm someone who is capable of quickly picking up and learning a class while being flexible with the roles and tasks that I can perform, hence I've included my Windwalker Monk on this application.
I briefly spoke to Shim about this on Battle.net, but, I'm applying with my friend, Shizuni - Mistweaver monk. I would greatly appreciate if you could consider my flexibility to think about fitting us into your roster, as I know that it's difficult to incorporate multiple healers into a roster.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:59:09 PM by Fedeh »