Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Nalgust - Mistweaver Monk

[Declined] Nalgust - Mistweaver Monk
« on: May 01, 2018, 01:42:57 AM »
Character name: Nalgust-Hellfire

Battletag: GodzLikeNore#2103

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Hey, I'm Gianni, 21 years old and based in Belgium. I'm currently in college going for a history / english teacher's degree. In my free time I really enjoy walking my dogs (3 finnish lapphunds) and playing WoW. I'm currently a host in the Achievement Discord hosting a whole array of achievements / mount farms and so on.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/hellfire/nalgust (Apologies if it's an offspec armory, I play all 3 specs quite often)
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/hellfire/nalgust
- A screenshot of your UI:
- Connection info results:
(Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm)
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes, I do and I'll gladly use it.

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
As a Mistweaver, there's not much to say about stat priority. Crit / Vers is simply the way to go for raiding. Haste and mastery can be considered dead stats unless you're looking to fully turret/spotheal (What I did on Coven to some extent)

For dungeons, even though Mistweaver is seen as simply bad, Haste / Mastery is the way to go.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

Tier 1:
Chi Burst is simply the way to go, it has the highest healing output, especially if the raid is split into a ranged and melee camp, to reset the diminishing returns of the heal. It outperforms Zen Pulse and Chi Wave by miles.

Tier 2:
Tiger's Lust is my go-to option. I feel like I don't need the extra movement myself so I end up using Tiger's lust for general utility and being able to dispel slows, on Coven for example is quite handy.

Tier 3:
Spirit of the crane: The general talent if you're able to get into melee, it's a great mana regen tool and allows you to be far more bursty with healing as you're able to restore mana in a slight off-phase.

Mist Wrap: Eventually i'll switch to Mist wrap, this however only happens on bosses where I'm unable to get into melee.

Lifecycles: This talent is considered bad, and I'll very rarely use it.

Tier 4:
The utility tree, I generally run Ring of Peace in Antorus, as it's great for add control. Leg Sweep is a simple 5 second stun which is useful regardless of the situation.

Song of Chi-ji is considered a worthless talent, and it's only use could be to dispel the damage off the Aggramar adds without removing the corruption ring slow (very odd interaction, but it works)

Tier 5:
Diffuse Magic is my go-to talent as most dangerous skills are Magic Damage. a 60% Magic DR is extremely powerful on nearly every fight in Antorus.

Dampen Harm is something I only use on specific fights, generally on some dungeons like Black Rook Hold, where physical damage reduction could be more important then magic.

Healing Elixir is something I rarely use, and I feel as if the additional defensive is too powerful to pass on.

Tier 6:
Refreshing Jade Wind - The  talent I'll use for any stacked fight where there is no additional healing CD needed, I'd use a talent like this on Varimathras (if I'd ever get to heal it that is)

Invoke Chi-ji, the Red Crane - This is an incredibly powerful talent which adds an additional cooldown and has a lot of uses, Imonar bridge healing, Coven Healing adds etc.)

Summon Jade Serpent Statue is generally considered bad and I don't use it.

Tier 7:
Mana Tea is simply much stronger then the other options. 50% Mana reduction for 10 seconds on a 1.5min cd is extremely powerful and a handy tool to have.

Focused Thunder can be useful on farm content as 2 uses out of Thunder Focus Tea is a neat thing to have.

Rising Thunder, while in theory a very nice talent... I cry everytime I see a Thunder Focus Tea without Celestial Breath in it :(

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
PeakofSerenity.com, Youtube guides, Warcraftlogs, Monk Discord.
And mainly... any other Mistweaver monk. I start from the point of view that anyone, no matter their level of progress might know something you don't.

Raiding history:
I'm seen as one of the more recent players, hence my raid history isn't that impressive compared to other applicants and players.
I've currently only raided
8/9 in Tomb of Sargeras, which Kil'Jaeden on 23% on the last day
I'm currently 10/11 in Antorus with around 540 Argus wipes.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
I started in Fireflyers, just a social guild who I first joined.
I then moved to Curse of Years, when they were 5/9 Mythic in ToS. I stayed with them until now and I've come a long way to where I currently am. My reason for leaving is quite simple, this is a low pop realm, finding recruits is difficult and a large part of the raid team refuses to put even the slightest amount of effort into the raid, not even bothering with simple thing like a tactics video etc. the team is incredibly inconsistent and I've been unhappy for months now. The guild has 0 social aspect to it, so that's a real downside.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
All I really expect is a home where people don't look at me as if I'm completely retarded for being newer to the game, I know my fair share of the game as knowledge is power. As for me, you can expect a cheerful guy who's willing to do any job needed to kill a boss, I don't really care about logs, as long as a boss dies.

I'm not afraid to help out coming up with the right boss strategy either.

As a last thing, I really enjoy doing Mythic+ and I'd love to do it some more (I do play Windwalker often in M+ as nobody likes pesky Mistweavers)

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Not too much, I hope you can see through the lack of experience, and I'd love to have a chat with any of your guildies. I can also offspec Windwalker (and Brewmaster) to a certain degree, even though it is not my forte and I do not intend on making it into my main spec.

Lastly, I really enjoy having bosses on "farm" ;)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:58:24 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Nalgust - Mistweaver Monk
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 08:58:12 PM »
Hello Nalgust!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to low current experience.

On another note; one of the best apps we've seen :D

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim