Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Kaarun - Balance Druid

[Declined] Kaarun - Balance Druid
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:43:22 AM »
Character name:
-Kaarun

Battletag:
-R0gd0r#2358

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
-Hey, I’m a 19 y/o German guy(.06.1998).I live near Hamburg and I’m currently in my 4th semester at University (B.Sc. Mathematics).
Back in WotlK I played on a private server, played very little of Cataclysm and MoP on retail, then started playing regularly with the launch of WoD and have been actively raiding in mythic guilds since Legion.
Besides playing WoW i like playing League (of Legends) as well as watching seasonal anime or any half decent show on Netflix.
I’m a very active discord and teamspeak user, talking with friends while playing things like league is way more fun after all!

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury:
 http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/thrall/Kaarun/advanced

- Personal warcraft logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/thrall/kaarun

- A screenshot of your UI: (You can upload to imgur.com)
http://puu.sh/A1QbV/0bf1e95810.jpg
if need be i can record a raid encounter and upload that too as it's rather hard to get everything that may pop up into a screenshot

- Connection info results: (Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and connect to Stockholm)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7222553853.png

-why stockholm though, are the EU servers located there?

- Do you have a working microphone?
-Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
-Im using statweights i got from simming my character on raidbots (usually 25k itt.)
-I re-sim these weights after every other new piece of gear i get to keep them up-to-date
-I use these weights to quickly check for potential updates during raids.
-if circumstances allow for it or we are talking trinkets or tier pieces(RIP tier pieces in BfA) i use simc and compare the pieces that way.
-I use the simc weights because following any sort of “priotities” ala Stat X >= Stat Y > Stat Z may be good for people who arent comfortable using SimC but arent the least bit accurate due to the fact that statweights always depend on the actual stats your character has and of course on class specific breakpoints, if those exist.

http://puu.sh/A1Sss/0227c79726.png

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

-ST Fights-
For ST fights there are two options, which of them is better depends on gear and the boss’s need for movement/cleave:

Option 1: “IFE+OI”
For pure St fights, that are as close to patchwerk as possible, this build has been the go-to since ED(legendary helmet for balance druids) has gone out of favor and OI(bracers) took it’s spot.
It isn’t well suited movement that is longer than ~GCDs or that happens in too quick succession. Because most fights in Antorus can be described as such, or are cleave/AoE oriented this build is rarely used.

Option 2:
On ST bosses that require medium to heavy movement, or benefit from cleave of any sort i swap to the “dadbuild” (pls excuse the balance communities inabilty to come up with decent build names…)
which uses Starfall instead of Starsurge as a spender(and other legendaries) thus dramatically increasing mobility due to the Stellar Drift talent(lvl 100), which allows for casting while moving if you are within starfalls radius.
It’s performance, even in patchwork, is really close(95%+) to option 1 depending on gear and especially the availability of high iLvl T20 pieces(which are pretty much required for the success of option 1).

-Cleave/AoE-
For Cleave/Council/AoE fights there all sort of builds centered around the different legendaries:

LatC+OI:
 with standard AoE talents(WoE, SotF, ShSt, SD) is the best build for encounters which are mostly ST but have adds that spawn on the regular(e.g. Portalkeeper)

LatC+Sephuz:
The build to demolish any kind of fight that  spawns tons and tons of adds that can be CC’ed (e.g. High Command)

if you get huge gains from having incarnation LatC+SotA can be a good choice for AoE encounters.

last but not least: the “dadbuild”
It’s also a decent contender for Cleave/AoE fights because you are using starfall as a main spender anyhow.
It trades add damage for a decent increase in boss damage.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Im constantly in touch with all the druid theorycrafters on the druid discord server“Dreamgrove”.
I have been a regular in that discord  since the very beginning of legion and do contribute in balance TC discussion on there as well as in the balance TC discord server.

Raiding history:
WoD - Heroic all the way through with some ventures into the mythic encounters
Legion - Mythic progress from the very start
-cutting Edge EN
-cutting Edge Helya
-Cutting Edge in NH (was absent on the day guldan died but was present for the entire progress, as we only killed him in the last reset i didnt have the chance to actually get CE myself)
-8/9 in ToS, multiple sub 5% wipes, attend the entire progress.
-5/11 Antorus so far, a couple dozen tries on imonar with current guild.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
??(forgot the name, whoops):
-Legion launch->early EN
-guild died because guild wasnt clear on raid goals(Myhtic/HC) and had many weak players that werent fit for myhtic
Amplify:
-early EN -> early ToS
guild died again, this time because the raidlead as well as a few other more senior members wanted to quit. The remnants of Amplify came together with another guild on Thrall that was breaking apart(forgot their original name) and continued progressing in ToS as:
Fused:
-early ToS -> now
The guild born from the people left by the two guild that still wanted to progress.
Had major attendance problems throughout ToS.
These problems together with the spontaneous disappearance of our raidlead managed to almost kill the guild yet again.
I as well as most of the people that came from Amplify stayed and tried to build up the guild once again.

I’ve now, at last, decided to leave the guild because of the huge struggle to get members to attend raids and commit to a guild-chosen schedule as well as the lack of progress caused by replacing the vacant spots of former decent raidmembers with mediocre people we needed be able to raid in the first place.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
I expect a motivated group of good players that want to clear the raid in a timely fashion.

You can expect a well prepared and informed player that has high attendance and performance.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

As my current guild is already struggling to get members to attend raids and i dont wanna kick them in the curb, I plan on leaving them/start any potential trial period on/around May 1st.
I hope this doesnt pose a problem.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:39:08 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Kaarun - Balance Druid
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:56 PM »
Hello kaarun!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to low current experience.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim