Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Hyph - Affliction Warlock

[Declined] Hyph - Affliction Warlock
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:58:31 PM »
Character name:
Hypheus

Battletag:
Hyph#2488  // Discord is Hyph#8435 if im unable to be contacted through BNet

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Name: Brent

University Student so have plenty of free time - attendance won't be an issue, especially during initial release of tier/expacs I get 3-4 characters max level in a short period of time to get ahead of the pack and be raid ready asap.

Fairly chilled out person who can get along with anyone, generally play the game for fun but strive for cutting edge progress as im pretty competitive.

Enjoy playing other games such as CSGO/Fifa/General sports games as i'm passionate about basketball and football.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/hypheus
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/hypheus
- A screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/n3EA2X4.jpg
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7215539624.png
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
Warlock stats can vary alot, depending on what talent build i am running.

In general, haste allows me to get off more UAs but also reduces the debuff time on Unstable Affliction, meaning the damage it outputs will generally be the same, but do that amount of damage over a shorter period of time compared to a longer UA (with less haste). It also allows Agony stacks to reach max stacks faster, which is great for multi target fights or burst.

Mastery flat out increases the damage dealt by my DoTs.

Crit is great for affliction as with perdition relics (increases crit hit chance from dots) and using our artifact ability affliction locks can get a huge amount of crit, meaning bigger damage ticks.

ST - Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers
2T - Mastery > Haste => Crit > Vers (crit scales slightly higher with multi target fights, e.g. coven, felhounds, etc. thus meaning gaining a little extra crit can increase your dps by quite a lot, especially when running Deaths Embrace (execute) on a fight like Coven.)

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Single Target -

Malefic Grasp - increases DoT dmg by 25% when draining the target - great when pairing warlock artifact ability and the target has atleast 2 Unstable Afflictions(UA) on it, generally you want to make sure you drain every tick of UA paired with Reap Souls to maximise damage.

Contagion - 15% Damage dealt to target afflicted by UA, general damage modifier, great for ST, 15% DMG from UAs on the target, plus MG, plus Reap Souls - huge amount of damage to the target.

Soul Harvest - Pet & Warlock Damage increased by 20% - Again, another flat out damage increase modifier - allowing insane st burst from warlocks especially if they have tier 21 proc to extend UAs on the target.

Tier 7 Talent - Depends on the fight, a long execute fight such as Portal Keeper Hasabel you can use Deaths Embrace (Execute Talent), A general single target fight such as garothi warbreaker you can use Siphon Life (extra dot) or Soul Conduit if you either dont have tier 21 4p, or if you are struggling to maintain/generate soul shards - can be paired with execute ring on a fight such as varimathras.

2T -

Writhe in Agony - Agony ramps up to 15 stacks instead of 10, extra damage from this dot.

Absolute Corruption - Permanent Corruption and deals 25% more damage - great when paired with sacrolash (15% increased corruption damage ring) especially on multi target fights such as dogs or coven.

Soul Harvest - 20% damage increase, great as you get an extra 4 seconds on SH due to an extra Agony applied.

Tier 7 - again depends on the fight, long execute phase such as coven you would run deaths embrace, similarly to felhounds you could run deaths embrace but also siphon life is a viable option for an extra dot.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Warlock website lockonestopshop - includes latest sims and theory crafting.

Warlock discord - again similar to the website (few discord admins in there created the website) theorycrafting, great to ask questions about any fights, pick up any tips, etc.

Warcraft logs - comparing logs from other top warlocks to see how they approached the encounter, pick up anything that i am doing wrong or see if i can add anything to my performance.

Own recordings or stream highlights - see if i should have done something different, spot any mistakes and change them for the next raid if things went wrong.

Twitch streams of top warlocks such as Xyronic, Warler, or Fragnance (if/when he doesnt reroll to another class).

Raiding history:

Raid & Guild history will be included in the same question if thats fine:

Eternal Unity -
Resubbed to wow towards the end of WoD and decided to get back into raiding - joined a heroic guild as a ret paladin then took the role of main tank until the end of the expansion due to their tank leaving. Progressed to 6/13M HFC before the end of the expansion. I had then rerolled to fire mage for legion release and had achieved 5/7M EN with the guild but decided I wanted to raid more seriously as they were only a casual weekend guild and believed my expectations and goals were much higher than what the guild was aiming for.

Mutiny -
Nighthold - joined as a ret paladin whilst being a backup tank on the release of nighthold and had achieved Cutting Edge with this guild, had also healed on progress Elisande kill as one of our healers quit mid tier, showing my flexibility to play what the raid team needs/reliability to switch roles if necessary, and also that im comfortable with playing pretty much any spec.

Tomb of Sargeras - rerolled to DK as DPS, the main tank had to stop raiding due to IRL work issues so had put myself forward to take over as main tank for the remainder of the tier until he was able to raid again, during this time i had taken up somewhat of a trusted role of responsibility whilst not being an officer. We had achieved 7/9M and had no attempts on Fallen Avatar due to people being burnt out on maiden, which frustrated me as i am someone who plays for competitive raiding and getting cutting edge in each tier.

Antorus - As the tank issues we had during tomb were fixed, i was given the opportunity to roll back to playing dps, and had decided to switch to Warlock (before it was known as 'fotm') in which i had found a class I believe suited my play style well, as they are a great class for mythic plus pushing high keys whilst being great in a raid environment too. In this tier we had got to 6/11M killing imonar after a long progress period, and had hit a wall when reclearing and could not get past Portal Keeper for a long time. A lot of other raiders had became frustrated as well as me due to the lack of progress and instead of me leaving to join another guild (i had made an application to this guild before in january) I had asked a few friends who were top performers in the guild if they were interested in creating a new guild on Twisting Nether, in which i became a 'co-founder' of.

Promises -
Antorus - Created a new guild alongside a few friends from Mutiny in mid January and had also persuaded a few new faces on the realm to join a new guild and have faith in us progressing in a quick manner in order to get cutting edge as we missed out in tomb of sargeras. Creating the guild had gave me experience in how to manage a guild, being a raid leader alongside the other co-founder (Dvops) and just general experience of how a mythic guild is operated from an officer view point, gaining the positives of getting our first progress kill as a guild, to the struggles of finding players as a completely new guild and roster/sign-up issues. Currently standing at 10/11M with 480 attempts on argus. A few players are quitting the guild for either IRL reasons or to find a new guild in general, therefore I am trying to find a new guild to push cutting edge progression and improve with each tier as a team.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

Mixed in with raiding experience above.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
I believe that i share the same goals/commitment to raiding as the guild in order to push for Cutting Edge progression. I enjoy raiding as much as possible especially on the release of a new tier, so the added raid day of sunday for the first week of progress is something that intrigues me to apply for the guild. I expect from the guild to have the same mindset of obtaining cutting edge in a short amount of time and also improving the guild ranking with each tier focusing on things as a team rather than individual progress.

I am someone who is quick at learning new things, so being able to pick up a new class if required by the guild, and understand how to play the class and how to go the extra step to separate the average player to a great player. I am a reliable person who is driven to achieve cutting edge as a team and believe my competitiveness is only beneficial as it makes me strive for improvement from reading logs, watching videos, or picking up on tips from other top warlocks.

I always try to have atleast 3 classes geared to mythic level in the event of the guild needing a different class to hop in for a specific boss and have the dedication to farm out the best gear with the titanforging system in place (e.g. farming upper kara for perdition relic in m+ for warlocks.)

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

I am also invested in grinding out high mythic plus keys for m+ score and the general competitiveness of trying to push m+ keys, I also think that being able to finish 24/25 keys in time shows a strong understanding for mechanics as the slightest mistake/error can lead to a group wiping/depleting keys (https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Hypheus
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:43:47 PM by Shimara »

Shimara

• The real shim shady
Re: Hyph - Affliction Warlock
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 08:43:35 PM »
Hello Hyph!

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to decline your application, due to weak logs. We also are quite happy with our current warlock trial.

We wish you the best of luck onwards
- Shim