Endless - Kazzak

[Declined] Divineas - Shadow Priest

[Declined] Divineas - Shadow Priest
« on: April 10, 2018, 12:28:39 AM »
Character name:

Divineas-Nagrand

Battletag:

Epigenic#2118

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)

Male, 24, Netherlands. Currently studying Biochemistry at Uni. Apart from my studies I work out in the gym a few times a week, play the piano and can make the most delicious steak you'll ever taste.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/nagrand/divineas
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/nagrand/divineas
- A screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/7gajw9a.jpg
- Connection info results: 11ms/206Mbps down/20Mbps up
- Do you have a working microphone? Absolutely

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.

40%H/40%C/40%M/5%V. Id rather have around 45% Haste (15.2K>) which is currently the sweet spot for spriest due to our reliance on 1 minute voidform rotations, with the drop of T20 4 set the haste requirement has gone up quite a bit, however Injector largely makes up for this deficit. T21 4 set give Crit per stack of voidform for Mind Blast/Voidbolt and Mind Flay, as such we want to stack crit up till ~45/46% crit if ever possible without losing haste so we can hit close to 100% crit on those spells without wasting extra stats (Voidform usually lasts till ~53/55 stacks so more crit would be useless). Any remaining stats can be dumped in mastery over vers due to scaling of Dots and VB through mastery.

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.

T1: ToF - Without exception the strongest talent in the row, ToF sniping of low hp mobs is incredibly important to maximize dps output and youll want to keep this 15% damage increase on you as much as possible.
T2: BS - You can choose either BS or Mania for 40%MS for 4 sec or 30%MS at full insanity. Usually BS covers you needs more than enough and gives you something to cast on the move and a little extra survive-ability at the same time. Mania is preferable in fights that have long times of continuous movement like Kil'Jeaden intermission phases.
T3: Mind Bomb - 4 sec aoe stun? yes please, everything else just sucks in comparison for PvE content. The only time Dominant Mind would have actually been usefull would have been for Blast Furnace adds on mythic (But it wasnt there then ffs...)
T4: LI - Due to our reliance on 1 minute voidform cycles this talent just flatout gives much more damage than other options. Reaper can be used for STM farm fights like World/Hounds otherwise is never picked. Void Ray can be picked but only for Imonar due to bridge intermissions making LI (almost useless) except for last phase.
T4: AS - Crit/Haste build makes AS god. San'Layn was used in NH due to wrist lego being bis both ST and Multi however its been nerfed since thereby massively dropping the usefulness of San'Layn. Shadowy Insight has some meme value on imonar but is still usually a weak choice
T5: MB - Fuck this talent and everything it represents. The most boring of the three it is unfortunately the best due to it syncing up perfectly with the mandatory 1 minute voidform rotation. Power Infusion used to be amazing up till NH but has fallen behind now, can still be used for STM but even then if you properly time your MB its usually better. Misery is useless in raids but amazing in M+ in combination with chest legendary giving you actual potential to not be below your tank on the damage meter.
T6: LotV: Since people complained all the fucking time Im now forced to use this shit talent since STM was apparantly to hard and not fair (Reoccurring theme I loved STM and everything about it). Rather than bringing STM in line they decided to nerf it to the ground and give LotV a passive 5% damage increase making it the de facto choice. Shadow Crash is a meme and never really outdoes LotV.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:

used to be in contact with Twintop, Howtopriest.com's previous top theorycrafter. After he quite I still regularly use the site for trinket/relic sims. I use warcraftlogs and look at top priest performances to look for things they might have done I hadnt thought of or spot their mistakes and try to learn from them that way. Priest discord is a thing but i usually dont want to rely on it since its 1/11NM people giving random advice they usually get from howtopriest.com anyway.

Raiding history:

Raided since TBC on a hunter and cleared everything till ICC in various guilds/pugs etc. Took a break till late MoP SoO and returned and cleared SoO on a prot warrior. I switched to priest late in HM and fully cleared everything after HM on mythic as a spriest.

Guild history and reason for leaving them:

Quelm-Nagrand. The guild I joined in SoO and stuck with for over 3 years. I enjoyed my time there but eventually left after NH progress was done. The officers at the time were pretty lax and a lot of people didnt really want to raid at high level anymore so we dropped from 150 to 600 ranking or so. Im still pretty competitive and wanted more challenge while also cutting down on 3 days raiding back to 2 due to study obligations (Those are finished now so no worries!). As such I joined LootFTW during TOS, this was by far the biggest mistake Ive ever made. These guys among the most toxic people I've ever met online and made the entire instance the least enjoyable experience I've ever had in WoW. Thus after ToS progress was done I took a break for a few months to come back in Antorus. I asked Quelm if I could come back (They had massively stepped up their game in ToS through benching a lot of former members and recruiting new people), however, they had acquired 2 pretty decent shadow priests who had just been made raider and they felt it would be completely dishonest if I would swoop in to reclaim my spot. As such I stayed for 2 months as a pseudo raider who helped out on farm and progress until I could find a new raid team.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:

Hopefully a long term team with like minded people who just want to raid on a reasonable pace that has little toxicity (FYI I love banter and making fun of each other :D :)

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!

As previously said I took a break in early antorus. As such my logs are no where near where I want them to be and dont even come close to my normal performance. The last 3 weeks I finally started getting gear and now Im 971 and ready to go for a full orange page again. As such, Id ask you all to look at my logs of HFC/EN/ToV/NH/TOS to see how Ive been performing over the last few years rather than these last couple of weeks. Thanks for your time and hopefully Ill talk to you all soon!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:37:14 PM by Fedeh »

Re: Divineas - Shadow Priest
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:34:12 AM »
I forgot to add that for ToS logs youll need to look for Divineas-Raventcrest instead of Divineas-Nagrand. I have also included the link below for easier access.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/24745206/13#metric=dps

Fedeh

• 100% Legit Dalaran Portals
Re: Divineas - Shadow Priest
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 08:36:56 PM »
Hi Divineas,

Thank you for your application, but unfortunately it has been unsuccessful.

Clearly from your logs you are a good player, but our main focus is progression, which you have not had this tier. We also have a spriest trial at the moment that we would like to see through.

We wish you the best of luck in finding a new guild.

Don't hesitate to get back in touch if your/our situation changes.

Thanks

Fedeh