Endless - Kazzak

[Withdrawn] Ribbit - Arcane Mage

[Withdrawn] Ribbit - Arcane Mage
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »
Character name:

Introduction - Let us get to know you! (Please include Gender, Age and Country)
Hi, I'm Tom, 30 from the UK. I've been playing WoW since 2005 and always as a mage, with the two breaks; one for uni, and one because MoP was a thing. I enjoy pretty much all aspects of wow although m+ and raiding take up most of my time. IRL i work an 8-5, 5 days a week within ecommerce, and most of my non-work time is either spent with friends online or fixing up my home.

Please provide us with the following:
- Link to your armoury: eu.battle.net/wow/character/kazzak/Ribbit/
- Personal warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/ribbit
- A screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/3bXS6HS - that's the basic ui without all the WA's for boss stuff
- Connection info results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7110416603
- Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Stats - Please explain your stats priority and explain why you are using these.
I sim to find optimal stats, the general guideline for my gear and talent setup is haste > vers > crit >.....> mastery > int

Talents - Please explain your talent choices for a single target fight or an add controlled fight. And why you choose these talents.
Arcane talents are kinda locked-in in most regards. There's some decision to be made between resonance and charged up - there's a 10 seconds window in between burst phases where u can cast charged up again for a mini-burn and it will still be available for your next burn phase, if you can reliably cast your RoP during those 10 seconds in order to get the most out of charged up then it's worth it, otherwise the sim difference between the 2 is negligible and playing resonance is the simpler choice. For the most part, this mini-burn that benefits from the 2nd charged up is great as it's flexible, so you can have a 2nd burn phase whenever the fight benefits from it most, but taking charged up basically means ur locking the mini burn in to that 10 second window, or taking a dps hit.
For add control fights there's not really much to mention. Resonance for damage - then chrono shift is the default for a slow effect, but there's also ring of frost if the group is really lacking in the cc department.

Resources - Please tell us sources you follow to keep up to date with your class:
Resources for Arcane are basically non-existent if you want answers that aren't full of nonsense and fiction. I do what i can to help people with arcane things in the mage class discord, and i am fairly active in the arcane dream discord too. Altered-time has a few gems in it, but the arcane section is mostly garbage.

Raiding history:
Vanilla: cleared all of vanilla up to half way through naxx when it was current.
TBC: Remained in a semi-hardcore guild until Black temple when i took 2 years out for Uni.
Wotlk: Came back for ICC and cleared it on heroic when current.
Cata: Cleared all raids while current and got the meta achieve on Sinestra
MoP: Managed to avoid /wrist from the ordeal that was daily quests, took a break until Highmaul
WoD: Cleared everything while current, ended the expansion at about 500th world and decided it was time to step it up
Legion: Moved to Dark substance after Nighthold and cleared content at a good pace. After the guild stopped raiding i Joined Delusions

Guild history and reason for leaving them:
Recently joined and left Delusions after passing my trial due to realizing their raid start time would be an issue for me come BfA.

Expectations - What do you expect from us and what can we expect from you:
I'd after a guild with consistency and a focus on progress without removing all the fun from the game. I'd like to find some people for pushing m+ keys too, so please let me know if that interests you.
From me you can expect a player who will turn up to every raid, i'm pretty sure i havn't missed a raid for years, if ever. I take advice where necessary and will give it too if i see mistakes being made that could be avoided. I'm not super vocal as i prefer to leave voice chat clear for emergency's, but i have no problem talking when needed. I'll always be progressing my main character as much as possible when outside of raids, so you can always expect a well geared character come each new raid tier. As for spec, i'm a tad on the stubborn side when it comes to spec switching. I play what i enjoy, if i enjoy frost and arcane, then I'll swap between them as required. Right now, i only enjoy arcane, but hopefully you can see that's not been an issue by shifting through my logs.

Freetext - Anything else you wish to add? Your last chance to impress us!
Nothing major to add, but i have to ask - why are you in such need of a Mage? You appear to have two quality mages already and i don't feel like mage is a particularly strong class right now, not that i'm trying to talk you out of getting another but i'm curious.

- Ribbit
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:07:31 PM by AnT »

• The real shim shady
Re: Ribbit - Arcane Mage
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »
Hello Ribbit

Thank you for applying to us here in Endless. Officers have decided to accept your application and offer you a trial spot in our guild.

Please download our requested addons- you can find everything you need in our forum under "Strategies". Please also request access on our spreadsheet found on our forum.

You may also whisper myself(Shimara), Ant or Fede for a guild invite.

Welcome and good luck!
- Shim